Wrestling Forum banner

Who is the most over-pushed star in the last 7 years of WWE?

• Randy Orton

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Sheamus

Votes: 70 26.9%
  • Wade Barrett

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • The Miz

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • R Truth

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • CM Punk

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • Ryback

• Mark Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Botchmaster Sin Cara

• Brock Lesnar

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Daniel Bryan

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dolph Ziggler

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Goldust

• Rusev

• Dean Ambrose

• Seth Rollins

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Bray Wyatt

• Roman Reigns

Votes: 38 14.6%
  • Kevin Owens

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Cesaro

• Other(?)

Votes: 49 18.8%

• Total voters
161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I know Sheamus and Cena are both popular picks, but I can't convince myself that it's anyone other than Del Rio. Say what you want about Cena's reigns of terror, he's always had his following.

Sheamus I'd actually say has been underbooked, or rather underdeveloped, during his accomplishments. You don't just throw accolades at a guy, just because he can kick ass, and not develop his character. He could've been a big deal, in the way guys like Benoit and Lesnar were. If Lesnar can take WWE by storm, Sheamus can do the same. They're in the same league in my eyes.

WWE did everything they could to make people feel something toward Del Rio (beyond just giving him big victories), and it just never worked.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Edge is up there

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Sheamus.

I just dont get it. Yea he has a unique look but presides that....

Zak ryder - his us title run should never have happened. Hes TERRIBLE

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
the prodcut will suffer when the crowd doesnt give a shit about the guy who is main eventing. the crowd demanded bryan period! Millions of viewers worldwide also wanted bryan or are you gonna say that the only people who want bryan are the ones who go to see live shows? Live crowds are a sample of the costumers. Casuals attend live shows too. Casuals who watch at home often like whoever the crowd likes. People wanted Bryan period. Small guys can get big, Bryan got big. A small guy loved by the fans doesn't hurt the companies image, but a roided freak no one gives a shit about just might do that trick. It's not the 80s anymore.

Just say "I'm mad Bryan main evented over my favourite guy", cry in a corner, wake up tomorrow and start being a man*

* it's a form of expression, I'm not questioning your gender or sexuality.

People wanted Bryan. Therefore he can't be the most overpushed when you have guys who were also heavily pushed and got no reaction from crowds.

Some bryan haters are mad becuase he got the title instead of Batista, if you're one of those Deal with it

edit:

So if you satisfy part of your customers, and that is a part who is growing a lot now, your product will suffer? So a good product is a product that the majoroty of fans hate? You made me laugh
no casual wanted daniel bryan because he is boring. the majority of people doesnt give a shit about daniel bryan. he is a smark/iwc favourite, nothing more. Those who were hijacking the shows werent "the people" it was a small group of smart "fans"...and there is no point in satisfiying them because they have no passion. where is the point in pushing a iwc vanilla midget to the top, just that you can say 5 star match 5 star match? that shit belongs in the midcard because there is no excitement in that shit, excitement comes with the great champs and real heros...he can never be a real hero because he is small and has no charisma

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
CM Punk and it's not even close:

7 Year Timeframe:

2008 - Beats Edge on his Raw Debut

2009 - Beats top draw Jeff Hardy in main event of Summerslam

2010 - Feuds with Mysterio

2011 - Takes over the Nexus and Wade Barrett's main event spot,

then gets mega push called the "Summer of Punk" where he is allowed an advantage over the entire roster, as he's allowed to shoot, then he goes on to beat the top star John Cena with an original and well written storyline, only to fail to draw.

His biggest push he failed to draw.

2012 - 2013, Made the main focus of WWE, given a year plus title reign, feuds with The Rock, still isn't a mega draw and still no impact.

2013 - Feuds with Brock Lesnar, creates no impact.

So many pushes that didn't do anything, whereas someone like Daniel Bryan didn't need all of that yet became a mega star.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
no casual wanted daniel bryan because he is boring. the majority of people doesnt give a shit about daniel bryan. he is a smark/iwc favourite, nothing more. Those who were hijacking the shows werent "the people" it was a small group of smart "fans"...and there is no point in satisfiying them because they have no passion. where is the point in pushing a iwc vanilla midget to the top, just that you can say 5 star match 5 star match? that shit belongs in the midcard because there is no excitement in that shit, excitement comes with the great champs and real heros...he can never be a real hero because he is small and has no charisma
:lel

And I bet that every crowd on every show in 2013 and 2014 was always pro-Bryan because it was just made of smarks. No casual fans there.

:lel

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
they cheer along with the smarks because there isnt much going on. bryan winning the title was boring. you dont need much of a following to create a hype like daniel bryan had. with that push even norman smiley would have a following and would have gone even further because he has more charisma.daniel bryan failed.

daniel bryans title reign was boring and times have changed since then. were at the start of a different era. the decade before was like the smark era. "cena sucks we want vanilla midget 5 star matches in the main event", people brainwashed by biographies and shoot interviews thought that the answer to all questions was a title reign of a vanilla midget who can do a lot of high spots. daniel bryans title reign made people realise that shit like that belongs in the midcard, a vanilla midget who jumps around doesnt captivate anybody.

since then the voices who want real badass champs and the real excitement back instead of that indy crap get louder and louder

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
This one is easy because he is also the most over-pushed wrestler of all-time: Cena

·
Banned
106 Posts
b

161 - 173 of 173 Posts