Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I'm asking is who do you think the WWE recognizes as the bigger star of their company

Both have very successful careers.

Both have had many championships, even breaking records!

Both have main-evented Maina(very last match of the show).

Both are becoming legends!

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I think it's clear that as a company they value Edge much higher than they value Jericho.

But, like most of this board - I'd easily say that Jericho is a bigger deal on the bigger picture.

Both men have made good careers in the WWE though and I doubt either would complain with their standing. Edge is a former KotR, Rumble Winner, several time WM main eventer, nine time World Champion and several times IC and Tag Champ (with the record number of different partners, I believe?).

Jericho is the first ever Undisputed Champion of the World, a feat no one can take away from him. He also holds the record for most IC Title reigns.

But yeah, I'm really just sidetracking cause I'm bored - the basic answer to your actual question is Edge is the bigger star in the eyes of the WWE management.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I think Jericho

He's been in more high profile feuds with bigger stars(rock, stone cold, hogan etc) than edge

He even had his on tv show(even tho it fail lol)

So i would think he would be more recognizable

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
JERICHO will be remembered in wwe,he is a futur hall of famer and a lot of young superstars are being inspired by him.

edge is really not that big of a deal.

·
Asuka
96,241 Posts
WWE obviously wants Edge to be treated better and higher on the card, but that's irrelevant, considering they want Sheamus ahead of Jericho too.

Jericho is more significant. Jericho was a world champion a few times over, beating guys like Rock and Stone Cold before Edge even saw a crack at the main event. He's the first undisputed champion ever and the respect and popularity he has extends so deeply that he can lose to Heath Slater, or win a WrestleMania main event and it won't be considered out of place. Edge has to be protected at all times, and Jericho doesn't. Edge is one dimensional as a character and seems to only work as a cowardly opportunist, whereas Jericho has successfully revamped his character more than once. Edge's title reigns are also complete jokes and have rarely lasted more than 2 weeks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I didn't realize that Edge was as old as he was at 36, I thought he was more like 34, but it definitely feels like he has quite a few more years ahead of him as a competitor than Jericho. That, along with his size and look, is why he's higher on the WWE totem pole than Jericho.

That said, Jericho has had a far greater career despite Edge's more world championships.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Hemingway said:
I didn't realize that Edge was as old as he was at 36, I thought he was more like 34, but it definitely feels like he has quite a few more years ahead of him as a competitor than Jericho.
I hope you're not a huge fan of Edge, because injuries have shriveled him up and he'll be lucky to get two more years out of what little he has left.

As decorated as both of their careers have been, you'd think that with a King of the Ring, Royal Rumble, and more World Titles, Edge would be the bigger name.

But, that King of the Ring was never cashed in on (push-wise), that Royal Rumble win was a complete miscarriage of booking, and the majority of Edge's World Title reigns have been meaningless.

Chris Jericho is definitely the bigger deal. You just can't even put into words his value. He says on screen that he is the best in the world at what he does, and from an all-around perspective, in the bigger picture, you'd be hard pressed to argue with that as of late.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In the eyes of WWE management; Edge. On the world wrestling stage and probably amongst the locker room; Jericho.

Jericho has had a wider international carer having had decent runs in Canada, US, Mexico, Europe and Japan and can wrestle a variety of styles and opponents and has wrestled bigger names than Edge. Not Edge's fault by any means. Jericho just has more diversity in his career.

·
Asuka
96,241 Posts
As decorated as both of their careers have been, you'd think that with a King of the Ring, Royal Rumble, and more World Titles, Edge would be the bigger name.

But, that King of the Ring was never cashed in on (push-wise), that Royal Rumble win was a complete miscarriage of booking, and the majority of Edge's World Title reigns have been meaningless.
Not to mention, if that's your justification, you'd have to call Edge a bigger star than Kurt Angle as well and we KNOW that's not the case.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Openly they treat Edge as the bigger star, but they probably realize that Jericho is much more important for the company.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I would say Jericho. He was a big star during the attitude era after Austin, The Rock, etc. Today probably Edge is a bigger star (it's still debatable of course) but overall I will give the edge to Jericho.

Edge has never made a big impact IMO. He won the Royal Rumble and didn't win the big one at WrestleMania. I mean he has had nine world titles but none of them were really interesting and most were quite short. Edge's best feud was with Cena.

And as a face I think Jericho was better than Edge.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I think they'd like to think it's Edge, but Jericho is miles ahead of him. Like Pyro said, he can lose to an NXT kid and then win an ME at Wrestlemania and nobody bats an eyelid. When people get all up in arms about him jobbing it makes me laugh because while it may hurt a lot of guys to lose to Bourne and Slater and Co, Jericho skates through it and always comes out on top. It would hurt Edge to lose the matches Jericho has lost, and therein, for me, lies the true measure of who is a greater asset to the WWE.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
I think Jericho

He's been in more high profile feuds with bigger stars(rock, stone cold, hogan etc) than edge

He even had his on tv show(even tho it fail lol)

So i would think he would be more recognizable
First off I'd like to say even though I have Edge as my avatar and I am a big Edge mark I value Jericho very highly as well so this post will not be a Jericho bashing post I'm just gunna point a few things out.

You say Jericho's been against the bigger stars like The Rock, Stone Cold and Hogan and thats true but I firmly believe that this is because Edge hadn't risen to the main event when they we're still around. If they were still in the WWE in 2005+ where Edge rose to the main event I definately think he'd of had feuds with them. On a side note Edge won the Tag team championship with Hogan even if he didn't feud with him, just saying.

And I honestly don't think a TV show and a bit of popularity in the rest of the world dictates the career of Jericho being a legend, it had no relevance to Jericho's wrestling career and it doesn't matter whether he has a TV show or not.

Okay back to the original question, Who's the bigger deal? I think they are both big deal's but in terms of who the WWE want to be the bigger star, I'd go with Edge. They've both had illustrious careers and will be sad to see either one finally hang up their boots but we all know for Edge it'll probably be within the next two years, could be the same for Jericho.

·
Asuka
96,241 Posts
You say Jericho's been against the bigger stars like The Rock, Stone Cold and Hogan and thats true but I firmly believe that this is because Edge hadn't risen to the main event when they we're still around.
And why is that? Because Jericho is much better. Jericho was a fucking cruiserweight in WCW, he was nobody, yet he came to the WWE and rose up faster than Edge could ever dream of. In fact, Edge should've had it easier than Jericho, because Edge was homegrown by Vince himself. Jericho is just his superior.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jericho I found the steps to his career more interesting. I think his career is more successful then Edge but I'm fans of both.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
Chris Jericho will always be the bigger star but that's nothing to be ashamed of for Edge. He's had an amazing career as well, it's just that Jericho is that much better.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts