Wrestling Forum banner

Who is the best in-ring worker in the present WWE ?

• Randy Orton

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Cody Rhodes

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • John Cena

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Daniel Bryan

Votes: 47 40.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Dolph Ziggler

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The Miz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rey Mysterio

• Sheamus

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • CM Punk

Votes: 23 19.7%
  • John Morrison

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Wade Barret

• Alberto Del Rio

• Kane

• Other (Write Below)

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
3,522 Posts
Christian.

I'm still yet to be entertained by Bryan in a big match.. maybe he's not been given chances, but Christian has performed well in big matches and dragged good matches out of kane, mark fn henry and zack ryder.

·
Supporting Deadman Inc. Since 1991.
573 Posts
I voted for CM Punk. It's all a matter of opinion really, different wrestlers entertain different people, and personally Punk entertains me the most in current WWE. Daniel Bryan obviously comes in at a close second, whenever he is on a Pay Per View he tends to have the match of the night, which speaks volumes about who has true talent (Bryan, Ziggler, Rhodes) and who does not have talent (Cena, Morrison etc.).

·
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
5,893 Posts
Bryan is to me on paper the best in the company, he's as versatile as they come as a worker (face or heel, junior style matches, taking on the likes of Sheamus & Morishima, great long term seller, works a bossy control segment etc). However despite having numerous great matches so far (Batista, Regal, Dibiase, Miz, Ziggler, Sheamus, tag with Gail Kim v Kidd & Melina) Christian as a babyface worker to me was the most consistent worker since his return in 2009. However to me Christian as a heel worker isn't close to what he is as a babyface so if he continues to be a heel worker for the foreseeable future I can't see him staying in my top 3.

Mysterio, Bourne and Masters are also 3 terrific babyface workers. Its no joke when I call Chris Masters a top 20 guy in the world since 2010 for his sensational selling and bumping, his ability in making himself look like an underdog against people like Chavo and Ziggler reminds me of the great Barry Windham. Rey is Rey and will always bump like a freak and make his opponent look like gold and Bourne has had some great matches with Sheamus, Regal and others.

Drew Mcintyre deserves a mention as to me tied with CM Punk as the best heel worker in the company. Mcintyre is great on offence and in a control segment and has great transitions and takes great bumps for a man his size (same can be said for Sheamus). Punk is just great at making a control segment interesting not just with his offence but his facial expressions and toying with a crowd, I still don't understand how Pyro can say Punk has no match structure yet in the same breath will praise Kurt Angle as being one of the best ever (wut).

Then the likes of Tyson Kidd, Goldust, Sheamus, DH Smith, William Regal, Barreta and Orton deserve a mention (04-08 Randy Orton is one of my favourite workers of the past decade, he's been on a gradual decline with the Viper character but can deliver when needed), Mark Henry and Big Show are good hands in multiman matches and against smaller workers like Rey and Bourne. Ziggler is a bossy guy as well with his bumping, high hopes he'll be pushed soon.

Cena for me is one of the best "big match" workers in the business, he gets any crowd hot for his matches and as a result can make guys like Ziggler and Gabriel look better just by being in the ring with him. He's got nothing on his 2007 run as a worker but I don't think anyone can deny as a "big time match" wrestler he's up there with the best (Kenta Kobashi will likely reclaim top spot when he returns from injury soon).

·
Registered
876 Posts
I srly hate christian skills, always the same thing and his moves are so boring, i voted for CM Punk, but Bryan is good too
Alex Riley needs a more moves in is set.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Bryan Danielson by far. Submission wrestling, catch, shoot, pure grappling, martial arts, high flying, man's got it all. Honorable mentions go to Ziggler, Tyson Kidd and Mistico.

Punk would be up there but his wrestling declined horribly since his WWE debut, ot more recently since his WWECW days. I hope he gets back on track once he's back in RoH.

Christian's wrestling although great, doesn't and never did capture my attention too much. I think the problem is that his moveset and his wrestling in general tends to be way too light for my taste.

My question for the OP however is: Cena, Kane, Wade Barrett, Orton? Most of the trampoline and backyard wrestlers are better then those chalk logs.

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Christian, Ziggler and Bryan don't have bad matches(over 5 minutes) with anybody. They are the three best workers in the company.Punk is way overrated but still very good. Punks mic skills have surpassed his in ring skills. Cena's probably had the biggesy regression from last year. Any objective wrestling fan could make a case for Cena being one of the top 5 workers for WWE from 2006-2010,but this year he's dropped off quite a bit. Guess the rumors about him being hurt and needing time off are true.

Orton has had his best year by far as far as in-ring work. It's helped that he's had some good people to work with (Punk, Christian).

Top 5
1. Christian
2. Ziggler
3. Bryan
4. Mysterio
5. Punk

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Truthfully, it's hard to say. The water down these guys so much, it would be hard to know what they would be like if they just let them go.

I assume the Top 5 looks something like this (in no particular order) : CM Punk, Christian, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Rey Mysterio

21 - 40 of 62 Posts