Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you guys think will be a main eventer or world champion and THE top guy/guys in 4 years time out of these guys.....

I mean Cena, Orton and now Punk will not be around forever, I reckon at least one of them will be retired or on their way out by 2015.

Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Alex Riley
Dolph Ziggler (as in top guy and multi world champion, obviously he had it for like 10 minutes in February)
Heath Slater
Wade Barrett
Zack Ryder
Sin Cara

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ziggler or Barrett. As much as I hate Dolph, him and Barrett have the potential to become future main eventers.

·
Banned
161 Posts
ziggler,orton,punkl,barret,miz

and newer superstars

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I think the top guy, the Cena/Hogan/Austin, isn't in WWE yet. Cena and Orton will be the vets that aren't really involved in the title hunt. CM Punk will be the Undertaker/HBK-type that just gets better with age. For some reason I don't see ADR or Sheamus having extended shelf lives... they might want to go back to their respective countries... just a random, intuitive hunch. Barrett will be the Triple H-like dominant heel of the roster for many years. Ziggler, Rhodes and Bryan will be like Benoit/Eddie/Jericho... main eventers that also can work the midcard for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Who do you guys think will be a main eventer or world champion and THE top guy/guys in 4 years time out of these guys.....

I mean Cena, Orton and now Punk will not be around forever, I reckon at least one of them will be retired or on their way out by 2015.

Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Alex Riley
Dolph Ziggler (as in top guy and multi world champion, obviously he had it for like 10 minutes in February)
Heath Slater
Wade Barrett
Zack Ryder
Sin Cara
The smart money is on Bryan to win a world championship first (besides Ziggler I guess) because he has the briefcase. He'll probably switch back and forth from main eventer to midcarder though, like Harriston said.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
do people not know how young randy still is lol he has been in wwe for almost 10 years but he started very early

randy is only 31 he will be around for a long time

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Honestly? In all likelihood, the next THE top guy in pro wrestling probably hasn't even signed the ink to a developmental contract yet. In fact, he probably hasn't graduated high school.

As for main event run, in the long-term, The Miz & Randy Orton will have brightest future. Those guys are still young, over, and established. If their treatment thus far is any indication, they'll probably get a few more runs with a WWE/World Title.

Of course, right now, WWE is stacked to the rafters with "future main event" stars. They seem to juggle the two big belts among them, while still intent on creating new stars in the process. That works as a double-edged sword, because it creates golden opportunities, but it also crushes others.

For every Del Rio or (heel) Sheamus push, a guy like Kingston or Morrison is derailed. See how that works? There's no guarantee that particular mid-card guys who are over will be the ones who see the upside of things, rather than the downside. Hell, they've had opportunities with Kofi in 2009 and Morrison in 2010, but the commitment just didn't seem to be there.

Recently, in the main event scene, we've had some great developments. Sheamus stands a chance of becoming legitimate top player soon. WWE is definately going in the right direction with him lately. Still, I don't know what awaits Sheamus for the near future, but right now? They're getting it right. CM Punk should be a top star in immediate future. Triple H should be doing everything in his power to "make" him right now. That should be the top priority. In the meantime, Alberto Del Rio could hold it down in the main event title matches with John Cena.

Sheamus, in particular, has my stamp of approval. He can talk & connect with a crowd. He has stage presence and likeable personality. He's also capable of working perfectly good matches. Basically, he is capable of doing everything that WWE expects from their main eventers. I can expect Sheamus to get pushed to the moon again in immediate future. They'd just have to keep him winning, give him a lot of exposures on the mic, and make him to look and feel like a big deal.

The other people I see receiving proper treatment in the main event within four years are Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, and Cody Rhodes.

I guess WWE just wants to give Barrett to have more time to work on his in-ring skills & showcase that aspect. When that catches up to his performances on the mic, you'll have a bonafide star in the long-term. Daniel Bryan is still getting a little time in the limelight recently, but I'm almost certain it won't last. Bryan could really use a personal, extended, heated rivalry with a main event act or two before considering to go for a cash-in. Clean losses for Orton and Henry to the likes of Barrett and Bryan would go a long way in terms of WWE investing in these future stars.

Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes could grow into future prospects, they have tons of potential, but they're still not close to being ready at this point. I'd just let them bust their asses every night until they've worked out to be better well-rounded performers. Then we'd start talking bigger pushes. Until then? Let them be high-impact players in the mid-card. But still, I see them as two potential long-term main event stars that WWE would really get behind.

Oh, and if Sin Cara doesn't fuck up big time anymore, his marketable persona & image would likely transition into several tangible title reigns.

Other than that, most of the characters & personas are just still lost in the shuffle. I don't see WWE going to elevate them (ok, maybe not all) any higher than where they've been before.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Barrett, Bryant, Ziggler, Funaki, Heath Slater, Cena still

·
Banned
161 Posts
wwe all about charasma and daniel brian has none no offence

·
Too Busy Eating Donuts
7,523 Posts
If Dolph drops Vickie I can see him becoming a Champion again in the future hopefully longer this time eh?

Wade Barrett maybe I can see him being champ can't say the same for the WWE though

Daniel Bryan is a definite yes hes the money in the bank holder he has a high chance of being champion

I'm not sure about Gabriel but maybe that's because I hardly ever see him

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ziggler I think and Cara unless he fuck ups more, in 2015 Cara will be 31-32 I think. But in my honest opinion Ziggler will be the new Jericho.

·
Asuka
96,246 Posts
None of them will be the face of the company (maybe Riley if he really, really turns things around, but I doubt it. He's the closest to a face of the company type), but I'll critique their futures as far as possible main eventers.

Daniel Bryan - Definite world champion, probably not a full time main eventer

Justin Gabriel - No.

Alex Riley - The way I see it, this is the same as Kennedy's situation. The only person who can stop Riley from being successful is Riley. If he stops fucking up, it's going to happen. He just has too many traits of a top guy. Whether that happens remains to be seen. If he can get on the right track, I don't see how he can be denied. He's got a lot of similarities with Miz, can be very marketable. Then again, you never know with WWE. However, considering how many chances he's been given, it seems like WWE knows that he has this potential. WWE has fired guys over a lot less than what he's done, and that seems to be an indicator that WWE is hoping to make a star out of him. I hope it happens. He's one of the very few guys in the company I've taken any liking to as a performer.

Dolph Ziggler (as in top guy and multi world champion, obviously he had it for like 10 minutes in February) - Maybe a 2 time WHC or something, he won't be a top, top guy. He just lacks the presence of a main event star.

Heath Slater - God no. Never. Not even a midcard (singles) title.

Wade Barrett - Unfortunately no. Considering his attributes, it surprises the hell out of me, but WWE just doesn't believe in him. An unbelievably sad case of wasted potential. Everything about him screams world champion, except for his booking.

Zack Ryder - No.

Sin Cara - If he stops botching and maybe if he learns English. Although maybe the botching aspect isn't as important considering they gave Jeff the world title. He's a draw in Mexico, so regardless of problems, it could happen. Of course I'm talking about Mistico. Hunico will not go anywhere.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Bryan, Barret, and Ziggler.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts