Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you are all internet marks, and all for the indie scene.

But I want you to think about this.

Who is the best wrestler?

Now, I can see the mad skills of Bryan, and no doubt he has impressive moves, but their is one little problem. Who sells moves better than Dolph?

Since 85% of wrestling is selling moves, and the other 15% is mad skills, where Dolph does have some good skills...is Daniel Bryan as good as he seems....

Consider this, who was involved in more exciting matches last year.

Dolph vs Edge
Dolph vs Cena
Dolph vs Midcarders

vs

Bryan vs Dolph.

Bryan vs everyone else has been less exciting, since they do not sell as well as Dolph. Even if Bryan gets the cheers (since he is a face). Especially MIZ.

So, who is more exciting?

PS consider the face vs heel mechanic, in the story telling aspect. But Ziggler always has come across as "never give up" mentality - a face characteristic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,935 Posts
Personally, Ziggler. I'm not big of a DBryan match.

Damn, that match they had at Bragging Rights. Gonna see if I can find that and re-watch it.
Also, I'd like to add that, Bryan doesn't really have many other "suitable" opponents. In example, throw him in a match with Big Show. Bryan'll have to resort to getting him down onto 1 knee and then allying the LaBelle lock.

Ziggler's been in way more matches in the WWE in 2010 than DBryan, so you can see Ziggler perform. Although you could watch DBryan's indy matches as well I guess.
 

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
Joined
·
1,101 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
420 Posts
Bryan's the better wrestler, but Ziggler has the better character. Ziggler should drop the belt and go on to the main event scene.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
I would give the edge to DB atm only because you can put just about anybody in the ring with DB and he can carry them to one of their best matches to date, his matches with the Miz are a perfect example of this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,634 Posts
Ziggler all the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would give the edge to DB atm only because you can put just about anybody in the ring with DB and he can carry them to one of their best matches to date, his matches with the Miz are a perfect example of this.
Err really? - See the Good matches with Dolph, vs matches with DB. I would swing it the other way. Dolph makes others look good, while everyone hates Ted, for having boring matches. Even against Daniel.

The thing is, can you make your opponent look good? Daniel cannot. He can make himself look good, but cannot tell a story in the match.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Ziggler- Ziggler is the Intercontinental Champion and defends his respected title more than Daniel Bryan does not that that has alot to do with it besides experience which Bryan already has a advantage at. There both great in the ring we say that at Bragging Rights which was one of the only big or should I say good matches at the PPV. I guess it just depends do you like more of the ground wrestler in Ziggler or the high flyer type wrestler in Daniel I personally love both. I mean Ziggler is a great Intercontinental Champion and has held the title for a long time and he has the smoking hot Vickie Guerrero! Where Daniel was trained by 2 of my favorite wrestlers William Regal and the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels and how could you not like him? If you can answer that Ill eat my DAMN HAT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Ziggler has a much more flashy look/gimmick at the moment. So, Ziggler, I guess? This thread is confusing, because the title is more about sizzle, and then the original post itself is mostly about wrestling ability. For the latter, I'd say DBD, for the former, I'd say Ziggler.

I think they're both great, though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
Bryan's the better wrestler, but Ziggler has the better character. Ziggler should drop the belt and go on to the main event scene.
I think you're confusing being paired with Vickie with having a character.

I have to say this, I do like Ziggler's direction a little better than Bryan's at this time. WWE is trying to slow Bryan's momentum for some reason but putting him in a useless storyline right now.
 
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Top