• Other

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with Edge. I always thought he brought out the best matches in John Cena.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Based on history uts gotta be Randy. Randy is Cenas rival basically but also has aligned himself with Cena in recent months so now he is basically a friendly Rival to Cena.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
It has to be Orton, they hyped this fued forever. I remember them both being on the cover of Smackdown Vs. Raw and the seeds were planted from there. They've had a great series of matches at the back end of last year and I'm sure they'll be up against each other a lot in the future too.

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
Orton or Edge based on personal rivalries, with my opinion being Edge as (like someone else stated) their program was the last time I found Cena interesting at all. Even beyond that, it was just a wonderfully put together program built on personal hatred. The matches were unpredictable (surprising) and the program kept it's momentum until the Last Man Standing match 3 years later at Backlash 2009, with Edge winning and I'm assuming has won the rivalry as of right now.

However, my favorite rival of Cena's is Batista. The build to WM was awesome, and all four of their PPV matches (excluding EC) were above expectations. To bad the PPV matches this year were too predictable or it could have gone down as one of both's greatest rivalries.

·
Registered
960 Posts
It's Orton.

The best way I ever heard it put was that Orton is the Lex Luthor to Cena's Superman and while there are other enemies that are really terrifying like Nexus and Sheamus etc. the main one will always be Orton.

They'll feud again multiple times with different scenarios, they are both so good at everything it'll be great to see them feud with roles reversed.

·
Asuka
96,218 Posts
Orton....

but how the hell is Nexus not even an option?
A group of rookies, 6 of the 7 which will probably never even see the main event again, who've attacked Cena for a couple of months shouldn't really qualify. This is an arch rival question.

Cena's arch rival is a difficult question. I know a comic book analogy sounds corny, but he's Superman and he doesn't have a Luthor, meaning 1 person who stands out so decisively from the others. Cena's "rogues gallery" if you will is more like Spider Man's in that Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus and Venom are all his top enemy, so I'm gonna say Edge, Orton and JBL all win. Edge and Orton are incredibly significant but I think people are discounting how much bad blood Cena had with JBL because he hasn't been around for over a year. JBL rarely beat Cena, unlike Edge and Orton, but he was a constant major enemy and has been incredibly significant to Cena's career, in some ways more than Orton and Edge. It was JBL that catapulted Cena into main event stardom in the first place, and they fueded basically on and off from 05 to 09. That fued also resulted in that piece of garbage belt that still exists today, so its influence lives on.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Cena and Orton pretty much had every possible match imaginable last year lol and there's obviously real tension between them still where as I don't get that feeling between him and Edge.

·
Registered
262 Posts

This basically shows everything that has happened between Cena/Orton.

A rivalry that has gone on for three years and has been tagged as one of the greatest ever.
That video also doesn't acknowledge true history, as it shows Cena returning at Rumble 08 and Randy Orton in the ring.

·
King James
24,665 Posts
Edge broke into Cena's home and bitch slapped his dad. I'll vote for Edge first because Edge caused the fans to cheer for Cena when he was at his most hated (except at Unforgiven '06). Edge and Cena's character's worked so well clashing with each other. Cena was the wholesome Superhero and Edge was the slimy, Rated R Superstar with his slutty girlfriend.

The thing I hate about Cena/Orton rivalry is how weak Orton was made to look when he faced him (same for Orton/HHH feud). Orton shouldn't be the wimp that Edge was but a force as strong as his face counterparts. Now that Orton's a face that all has changed for the better for his character.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
That video also doesn't acknowledge true history, as it shows Cena returning at Rumble 08 and Randy Orton in the ring.
You know something, I never really thought of it that way... well that kinda destroys the whole purpose of the video.

I will still say Orton however, Edge being a very close runner up.

·
Premium Member
10,488 Posts
Orton tried to kill John Cena with pyro.

Enough said.

Then again, Batista did try to ram Cena with a car, Big Show did chokeslam Cena into a sportlight and I believe that JBL did try to run over Cena with a car as well. Anymore other spots like that i'm not thinking of?

1 - 20 of 131 Posts