Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With The WWE so low on star power right now I think it would be the best thing to do for the company. That and rumor is Vince was considering unifying them to recreate the Undisputed Championship sometime this year.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
that was rumored to get all titles unified by wrestlemania, not sure if they are still going through with that idea.

but I do think unifying the world titles would be great IF... divided brands come to an end, and everyone is allowed to every show.

· Premium Member
285 Posts
With the lack of superstars right now i think it would be a great idea. But i would also like to see them treat the US and IC championsips with alot more importance than they have. It seems like those titles have been pushed off to the side.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
I have said it for a long long time now that Vince McMahon needs to put an end to the whole brand extension/seperate rosters thing and go back to having just one roster again which will allow him to trim the roster and get rid of those who basically bring nothing to the company like Mark Henry, Khali, Vladimir Kozlov, David Otunga, Hornswoggle, Tyler Reks, Rosa Mendes and The Bella Twins. That would then free up space for one roster to have ample tv time every week and if anyone didn't get tv time on Raw then they would on SmackDown.

The main problem that WWE have at the moment in establishing their younger talent is the lack of star power across both brands as on Raw there is John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton and to an extent CM Punk seeing as he is a three time World champion and then over on SmackDown there is The Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Kane and Big Show but those last two have spent more time as mid carders over the years. That means that the younger wrestler's are trying to establish themselves and get fully over by beating each other which does nothing for their star power because the people they are beating have no name value.

People like Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock and Triple H came through because of them going over people like Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Mick Foley, The Undertaker and Owen Hart who all had name value and then Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit came through by going over Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock and Triple H. That was followed by John Cena, Randy Orton and Batista all coming through on the back of going over the previous generation and that is how it works but now it is just younger wrestler's going over each other like John Morrison over Sheamus or Bryan Danielson over The Miz or Dolph Ziggler over Kofi Kingston and then when any of those younger wrestler's wrestle or feud with the bigger names they are losing.

What is needed is one roster with everyone having a specific role to start with i.e main eventer, mid carder, tag team wrestler, jobber, diva and then from there the work begins to improve and move up the card or cement their spot but for my mind there has to be one roster in order for this to work and for the younger wrestler's to look believable once they are on top rather than it looking like they had just been thrown in because the older wrestler's had left. I can assure anyone than Jack Swagger gains more from working with The Undertaker and Wade Barrett gains more from working with Rey Mysterio than being involved in a stable vs stable feud with The Nexus or The Miz gains more from working with John Cena than Jerry Lawler.

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think they should unify the word Titles. Only if they get rid of Smackdown.
So you are in favor of Dolph Ziggler having 10 minute title reigns? It is obvious the WWE doesn't have much for the title on smackdown except water down the title with worthless reigns (Jack Swagger)

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,720 Posts
I've said it before and I say it again. If this were back in 2002 and they had kept the Undisputed Title. I would have agreed with unifying them.

Nowadays i'm not so sure it can work. With an ever expanding roster, and loads of new potential wrestlers making a name for themselves, pretty soon the main event scene would be jam packed with talent missing their chance at being a World Champion. Then that pretty much stops any chance of the mid-cards getting to the main event and then you'd see quite a lot of missed chances. I mean we always talk about wrestlers like Curt Hennig, Owen hart and Ted Dibiase Sr never being a World Champion. Well it could be the same all over again. Not to mention I don't really think a lot of the IWC would like it either, seen as how the IWC tends to be very impatient and expect wrestlers to be world champion in a span of 4 months. E.G Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett etc. With only one title, you'd have talents waiting years for that shot.

I don't think they should unify the word Titles. Only if they get rid of Smackdown.
What will they do with the talent on Smackdown then? put them all on Raw. Then you'd have a huge problem there. I mean the reason why they had the brand split in the first place was because the roster was too jam packed to have them all on one show. So they divided them, getting rid on Smackdown would just do that, and a lot of talent would lose their jobs.

· Registered
709 Posts
I only want the world titles unified if the brand split is gone and the IC, US and Tag Team titles become important and meaningful again.

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I've said it before and I say it again. If this were back in 2002 and they had kept the Undisputed Title. I would have been ok with that.

Nowadays i'm not so sure it can work. With an ever expanding roster, and loads of new potential wrestlers making a name for themselves, pretty soon the main event scene will be jam packed with talent missing their chance at being a World Champion. Then that pretty much stops and chance of the mid-cards getting to the main event and then you'd see quite a lot of missed chances. I mean we always talk about wrestlers like Curt Hennig, Owen hart and Ted Dibiase Sr never being a World Champion. Well it could be the same all over again. Not to mention I don't really think a lot of the IWC would like it either, seen as how the IWC tends to be very impatient and expect wrestlers to be world champion in a span of 4 months. E.G Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett etc.
But this would also improve the midcard immensely and we would see better competition for the intercontinental/US if the World Title wasn't already catering to midcarders like we are seeing. Im in favor of ending the split.

· Registered
3,744 Posts
So you are in favor of Dolph Ziggler having 10 minute title reigns? It is obvious the WWE doesn't have much for the title on smackdown except water down the title with worthless reigns (Jack Swagger)
Its not like i agree with how they are using the title on Smackdown currently. There's just so many people on the roster combined that if you unified the belts you would be kicking a lot of people out of the main event scene and into the mid card.

What will they do with the talent on Smackdown then? put them all on Raw. Then you'd have a huge problem there. I mean the reason why they had the brand split in the first place was because the roster was too jam packed to have them all on one show. So they divided them, getting rid on Smackdown would just do that, and a lot of talent would lose their jobs.
Touché

· Registered
1,604 Posts
how the hell would they build new stars if they just have 1 world title that would be dominated by Cena and Boreton

· Registered
6,098 Posts
Definitely not.

While yes, the belt(s)(?) would mean more because of a Unification, it would completely halter smaller/less established guys from getting anywhere near the Belt. Even if you think Miz is a crappy champion now, he would never become over enough if there was just one Title being thrown around by Cena, Edge, HHH, Taker, Orton etc.

Well, it's not like they haven't successfully created new stars with only one world title in the past...
The WWE is a lot bigger now. If there was only one World Title, Punk wouldn't be as big as he is, neither would Sheamus. Having the extra show allows newer talent to take some time to grow and learn.

· Registered
1,849 Posts
I disagree.

I think they should keep the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship.

Because that will basically mean two champs can be pushed at the same time, the world title division won't be an overcrowded mess, more than one storyline, one title win has the same credibility as winning one of the two, we get to keep the beautiful World Heavyweight Championship design, title history won't be erased etc

I have a million reasons why it shouldn't.

· Registered
844 Posts
Until 2002 WWE was successful in having 1 World title, 1 Midcard title, 1 tag title & 1 women's title. It never made any sense that there's two champions I thought the champion would be the best in the business in the NFL there aren't NFL super bowl champions and The World Football Champions. Before they brought back WHC or Created two brands no one wanted any of this stuff to happen, it was cool at first but now itv just waters everything down.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.