Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WWE does it every year and release some of their superstars (superstars?) well whom do you think is getting released this year?

I think it has been enough time for JTG in the WWE, time to say goodbye.

Probably some die hard fans well go and red rep me now lol, but Drew McIntyre is a real waste of the company resources(even if he's paid the least).They just try every now and then to give him a push but it's not working.Last time was around Wresltemania, he was on team Johnny, he helped him get his victory & there could have been various ways to get him in the scene but they just dropped it once mania was done.

Who else? Some might say Joe Hennig aka Meguillycuty (lol?) but actually he's never getting released.He's a 3rd generation superstar from Mr. Perfect

Titus Oneil, Darren Young, Derrick bateman etc might stay this year until they have had enough taping episodes of the show that nobody watches, NXT.

Heath Slater, Tyler Reks, Trent barreta are all most likely to be released as well

I would say Alex Riley is safe, so that his 13 fans could sleep tonight.Also Tyson kidd is safe as well.They will need this jobber that does flashy things and entertain you while he gets squashed.

...and it would be the most stupid decision to release Randy Orton, I'm not a fan but it will never happen.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Hopefully noone, since wwe needs a bigger roster. But Khali cant go anymore, and Bourne, with his two suspension, could be released just to send a message to Randy. McGillicutty is one of the worst wrestlers on the roster, bar Khali. I loved his fathers work, but his son has nothing,

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Joe Hennig can make more of a name for himself outside of WWE right now. There are obviously no long term plans for him with the E.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
Hopefully noone, since wwe needs a bigger roster. But Khali cant go anymore, and Bourne, with his two suspension, could be released just to send a message to Randy. McGillicutty is one of the worst wrestlers on the roster, bar Khali. I loved his fathers work, but his son has nothing,
they don't need a bigger roster. They need to book the roster they have better than it's being booked right now.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
There are a bunch of guys who are probably "on the bubble" but I suspect only a select few will actually be released this year.

Probably the most scared guys at this time are individuals such as Ezekiel Jackson, Trent Barreta, JTG and maybe Michael McGillicutty/Joe Hennig. Oh and of course Tensai/Albert.

I can't see Titus O'Neil and Darren Young, with their revamped tag team, or Alex Riley who remains remarkably over despite receiving nearly no TV time, or Heath Slater, who is one of their best enhancement talents, getting axed anytime soon.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Out of the NXT regulars, the only two they seem to invest in is Kidd/McGillicutty. Reks/Hawkins also seem on the verge of a push. So those four are likely safe.

When NXT becomes FCW/NXT, I could see the rest gone. So the likes of Bateman, Curtis, Tatsu, Barreta, Maxine, Kaitlyn, Watson, Riley, Slater, JTG, Zeke are all in danger of going since I can't see Raw or Smackdown really investing in them. I think cuts haven't been made yet since NXT hasn't transitioned yet.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
12,968 Posts
There are a bunch of guys who are probably "on the bubble" but I suspect only a select few will actually be released this year.

Probably the most scared guys at this time are individuals such as Ezekiel Jackson, Trent Barreta, JTG and maybe Michael McGillicutty/Joe Hennig. Oh and of course Tensai/Albert.

I can't see Titus O'Neil and Darren Young, with their revamped tag team, or Alex Riley who remains remarkably over despite receiving nearly no TV time, or Heath Slater, who is one of their best enhancement talents, getting axed anytime soon.

I don't think Hennig will get released as (last time I checked, anyway) they were repackaging him and that was why he has been off TV for a while so I am almost certain they still want to give him a chance.

Ezekiel, they seem to want to still try and do something with him, and, though I find him boring, he is quite a monster, just doesn't seem to be able to find his way in to a good storyline.

Tensai, probably not right now. I think they still want to go ahead with this awful gimmick of his.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I just don't think Tensai is getting released this year.Not by any chance...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts