Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
King Booker was a nice gimmick but that belt he was walking around with came from a suitcase after it was absorbed into the WWE belt over a year before that. It means nothing compared to what the Rock had done and never will. The Rock is the only Black champion of note in the WWE. He's black because his father is black. Alot of people got some hard comprehension skills when it comes to that fact but it's the way it is.
whatchu talkin' bout willis?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,846 Posts
R-Truth is currently one of those guys like Curt Hennig or British Bulldog or Rikishi or Carlito or MVP at their respective absolute heights. He interacts with A-list main-eventers on a regular basis and has recently done a lot of multi-man main-eventing on Raw, but he's maxed out and reached his ceiling as a very over, fairly dependable tip-top upper midcarder.

John Morrison is still, despite the yo-yo pushes of the last three years or more, one of the "chosen ones" of the current WWE Youth Movement and is destined for bigger things.

Remember: Morrison just turned 31 years of age a few weeks back; R-Truth becomes 39 in a couple of months.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Has Truth even been heel during his stint in the WWE?

With the way he's been stirring things up for Cena, I could see him becoming a major player as a heel. John Morrison has plenty of years ahead of him and needs a gimmick change before he gets a serious main event run. My money's on Truth reaching the main event before Morrison.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Has Truth even been heel during his stint in the WWE?

With the way he's been stirring things up for Cena, I could see him becoming a major player as a heel. John Morrison has plenty of years ahead of him and needs a gimmick change before he gets a serious main event run. My money's on Truth reaching the main event before Morrison.
He was a heel in TNA and he might've been heel for a little while during his 1st stint as K-Kwik.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Right, that belt came from a suitcase. So I guess Sheamus's title reigns count and Batista's first 5 don't.
Not when you think about it....Vince told you that belt counted and you believed it. It's a world title but it's just not as credible as the one they use on Raw.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Only way I'd want R-Truth main eventing if his meddling etc is a heel-turn. R-Truth has the perfect natural look for an evil heel, if he removed his shit dress sense and his fail music then we're ok right?

Morrison, I'd love nothing more than him to be in the ME, just PLEASE train him up on the mic and change his ridiculous outfits.

·
Asuka
96,473 Posts
Not when you think about it....Vince told you that belt counted and you believed it. It's a world title but it's just not as credible as the one they use on Raw.
Both titles mean the exact same thing. The WWE Championship is still, for all intents and purposes the company title, but the history hardly has any bearing on anything anymore. Just because Hogan, Austin, Rock, etc held it doesn't mean it's any better now because WWE basically just hands people title reigns these days. Nobody works for either belt, so the credibility issue is out the window.

The only thing nowadays that determines which belt is better is which is on Raw or which one is being held by a bigger superstar. If Taker if the WHC and Miz is the WWE Champion, then the WHC is more important. If Cena is the WWE Champion and Del Rio is the WHC, then the WWE Championship is more important. They've become totally interchangable, to the point that the WHC has even been the WM main event more than once.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Both titles mean the exact same thing. The WWE Championship is still, for all intents and purposes the company title, but the history hardly has any bearing on anything anymore. Just because Hogan, Austin, Rock, etc held it doesn't mean it's any better now because WWE basically just hands people title reigns these days. Nobody works for either belt, so the credibility issue is out the window.

The only thing nowadays that determines which belt is better is which is on Raw or which one is being held by a bigger superstar. If Taker if the WHC and Miz is the WWE Champion, then the WHC is more important. If Cena is the WWE Champion and Del Rio is the WHC, then the WWE Championship is more important.
This.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts