Wrestling Forum banner

Who is better - MJF, The Miz, EC3 or LA Knigh /Eli Drake?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
31,242 Posts
Yeah I understand what you are saying, but your whole premise was that "Miz got something out of old Lawler". Lawler had a lot to do with the quality of those matches.

It was not Miz carrying Lawler.

Yin/Yang.

no worries.
Got you my point is more, if Miz can get a good match with Lawler he can't be some worthless talent.

·
Likes wrestling....
10,648 Posts
Got you my point is more, if Miz can get a good match with Lawler he can't be some worthless talent.
wait what? no.....the opposite. no worries. I need to go to bed.

Plus this thread is not Lawler vs Miz, lets just let it lie so the thread can move on.

·
Registered
561 Posts
They all have an almost identical character, but who do you think is better MJF, The Miz, EC3 or LA Knigh /Eli Drake?
Funnily enough I made a post last night drawing potential comparisons between all four in the MJF businessman thread 😂.

We haven't seen whether MJF can play a convincing underdog baby face so it's too soon to start making claims he could be better than somebody like The Miz as he hasn't had an opportunity to show his versatility yet.

In contrast to the other three, The Miz should quite rightly be ranked above the other three because of his versatility and longevity.

LA Knight and EC3 is a close call. My preference is LA Knight. His ceiling could be higher than The Miz's in WWE once Vince gets a good look at him due to his appearance.

This would be a more interesting poll to ask in 2+ years once MJF has more years under his belt and LA Knight has had an opportunity to showcase his ability to the corporate hierarchy.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
No I gave you an extreme example of Miz having a good match. Miz had a set of good matches with a Jerry Lawler who would be having a heart attack mid year in 2 years time. To say Miz is miles below MJF is living in the moment and painting MJF as something he isn't. Do you think MJF good lead Taz to a fire match because that would be the equivalent of the examples I gave you.

As far as the second part MJF isn't all that intense either in the ring. They're both chicken shit heels. And you're right he is young, but if we're going to compare them Miz has completed much higher highs, you can't use MJF's potential as a argument while ignoring Miz's factual highs.
I would very much disagree with those matches being objectively "good", they were passable in my opinion, mostly due to psychology more than anything. I didn't say MJF was miles above The Miz in general, I stated he's miles better in the ring, which I wouldn't exactly consider a high standard.

I genuinely believe The Miz is a very, very poor in ring performer. The man literally looks like he's afraid to put even a modicum of torque into any strike he he throws to the point where it makes me genuinely want to change the channel.

If we're just going to toss out individuals being superior due to having the "higher high" then I suppose The Great Khali, Jack Swagger and Jinder are all superior as well. I've never viewed The Miz as somebody who I could buy as a legitimate Main Event caliber talent for an extended stretch of time, MJF is well on his way to bring that guy, and he's certainly doing much, much better things right now then the dude who's busy shooting water guns at people.

·
Registered
31,242 Posts
I would very much disagree with those matches being objectively "good", they were passable in my opinion, mostly due to psychology more than anything. I didn't say MJF was miles above The Miz in general, I stated he's miles better in the ring, which I wouldn't exactly consider a high standard.

I genuinely believe The Miz is a very, very poor in ring performer. The man literally looks like he's afraid to put even a modicum of torque into any strike he he throws to the point where it makes me genuinely want to change the channel.

If we're just going to toss out individuals being superior due to having the "higher high" then I suppose The Great Khali, Jack Swagger and Jinder are all superior as well. I've never viewed The Miz as somebody who I could buy as a legitimate Main Event caliber talent for an extended stretch of time, MJF is well on his way to bring that guy, and he's certainly doing much, much better things right now then the dude who's busy shooting water guns at people.
Even the in ring part you're really overselling MJF as a wrestler or rather underselling Miz as wrestler. Either way to treat MJF like a next level wrestler is a weird stance to take. Idk Miz has easily had the better year based off getting another world title and having a well received match with Bad Bunny. MJF has been drug down by Jericho. What's his positive highlight of the year?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Even the in ring part you're really overselling MJF as a wrestler or rather underselling Miz as wrestler. Either way to treat MJF like a next level wrestler is a weird stance to take. Idk Miz has easily had the better year based off getting another world title and having a well received match with Bad Bunny. MJF has been drug down by Jericho. What's his positive highlight of the year?
The Miz won the world title this year? When? I know I don't keep up to date with the WWE too often but I feel like I wouldn't have missed that? Did he actually win the strap this year? I'm not actually being facetious I'm being sincere right now.

I would say tossing Y2J off the cell and winning Blood & Guts would be his highlight of the year. Last time I seen the Miz he was spraying squirt guns at people and having awkward dialogue with Logan Paul.

I must disagree, I don't think I'm overselling MJF in the ring, I think he's slightly above average in the ring, nothing special. Daniel Bryan himself couldn't carry the Miz to a match as good as the one MJF/Jungle Boy had a year ago, that speaks volumes to me.

·
Registered
31,242 Posts
The Miz won the world title this year? When? I know I don't keep up to date with the WWE too often but I feel like I wouldn't have missed that? Did he actually win the strap this year? I'm not actually being facetious I'm being sincere right now.

I would say tossing Y2J off the cell and winning Blood & Guts would be his highlight of the year. Last time I seen the Miz he was spraying squirt guns at people and having awkward dialogue with Logan Paul.

I must disagree, I don't think I'm overselling MJF in the ring, I think he's slightly above average in the ring, nothing special. Daniel Bryan himself couldn't carry the Miz to a match as good as the one MJF/Jungle Boy had a year ago, that speaks volumes to me.
Yes he won the WWE title this year and only reason I'd hold off Blood & Guts because the landing killed it (not his fault it's whoever built.the prop). For me I'd put them both as average guys in ring, that can have a great match with certain opponents stipulations. The Bryan feud didn't go well, but on the flip he's had a bunch of good matches with Ziggler over the years.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I'm not familiar with the work of Ec3 or Drake, so I voted for MJF.

He's the total package, great at every single aspect: mic, character and ring work.

If he can't become a star something's really wrong with AEW.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,364 Posts
The Miz has shown a lot more variety than those other guys. Different characters, different tweaks to everything he does.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
The Miz is the best on promos because he's successfully navigated the scripted promo environment in a PG setting. To become WWE champion, twice, is no easy feat for somebody who isn't a natural pro wrestler and doesn't have a huge physique.

MJF is better in the ring than Miz but in terms of promos is benefiting from a less restricted environment and the inclusion of edgier material.

EC3 and LA Knight are better in the ring than both of them. Yet far more generic on the microphone

MJF is 13 years younger than the youngest of those. So his career has more potential.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
People seems to do a disservice of mjf in ring ability, he had a brilliant match against jungle boy and also had a strong showing in a title match against moxley where he held his own and showed a gritty side to his character

·
Premium Member
13,054 Posts
The Miz is the best on promos because he's successfully navigated the scripted promo environment in a PG setting. To become WWE champion, twice, is no easy feat for somebody who isn't a natural pro wrestler and doesn't have a huge physique.

MJF is better in the ring than Miz but in terms of promos is benefiting from a less restricted environment and the inclusion of edgier material.

EC3 and LA Knight are better in the ring than both of them. Yet far more generic on the microphone

MJF is 13 years younger than the youngest of those. So his career has more potential.
This 100%, except I think MJF is better than EC3 in the ring too 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well this is the Miz at MJF’s age, I know people have had bad gimmicks in the past but come on now guys

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
LA Knight is better than the Miz. He has everything the Miz has but just better. He's better in the ring and has a more impressive look. The Miz has honestly grown stale to me and I can't take him seriously as a world champion, only US or IC at best. LA Knight I could see as a top guy. The only thing I'd say Miz has over him is he has more versatility on the mic but really we haven't seen LA Knight around in WWE that long. If they give him as many opportunities as Miz gets, he would be a top guy on the main roster.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts