Wrestling Forum banner

Who is better - MJF, The Miz, EC3 or LA Knigh /Eli Drake?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
12,193 Posts
MJF, he’s an excellent talker and makes me want to punch him in the face (even though I like him). He is a bitch :LOL:

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
watching NXT now. LA Knight is way better in the ring than The Miz imo. more intense and just moves around the ring better
There's not a lot he cannot do. He can even high fly sometime. Which is weird to see cause he has body builder body.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Miz.

MJF is next up but he screams too much. Maybe he's nervous. It makes his character come off more unhinged than "sophisticated rich brat"

·
Registered
239 Posts
The Miz not being able to wrestle a lick and still being a mild success is impressive. He has zero wrestling ability.

EC3 is a manikin.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
How about this.
EC3 top heel and TNA champ.... Awesome.
Miz post 2016 brand split.... Awesome.
MJF almost anytime you can think of.... Awesome.
Eli? not sure. He might have been great at a time where I was only watching select WWE and or TNA stuff but I never saw.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Neither Miz or MJF are exactly known for being ring wizards. But Miz has pulled 2 good matches of of 2010s Jerry Lawler and had a good last man standing match with Shane. He's had good matches with Ziggler. Miz like MJF isn't a night in night out candidate to steal the show match wise,but he's serviceable.

Face Miz without the benefits of insulting the audience showing intensity when booked to do so

MJF right now we're basing a lot on potential. Not saying he won't surpass Miz, since MJF is more likely to get a sustained main event push to show his talent. As of now though MJF has firmly been in the midcard and has produced not much that would be considered classic MJF going forward at least. He's consistently good though. But the only great thing I think he's done is the Jungle Boy match.
MJF isn't known for being a ring wizard, correct, nobody claimed that, but he's certainly miles above The Miz who's pushing 40 and you literally were just able to give two example of "passable matches" he's quite unathletic, sluggish in the ring. His "yes" kicks that mocked Daniel Bryan may very well have been the most unrealistic, pathetic strikes I've seen in a Professional Wrestling ring in the past 20+ years, rivaling Rondas "flurry of punches"

I don't buy the Miz being intense because he shows zero intensity in the ring & has been booked like a chicken shit for 90% of his 15 year career. The Miz is what he is, a mid carder who's had a couple solid runs. MJF is only 24/25 and is a clear upper midcarder at this point already, but it's comparing apples to oranges as far as I'm concerned, they aren't all that similar.

·
Likes wrestling....
10,648 Posts
But Miz has pulled 2 good matches of of 2010s Jerry Lawler
Hmm interesting perspective. One could say Lawler pulled the best out of the Miz. Because 2010's Lawler still knew how to work a crowd. Lawler at post 60 was a better worker/seller than Miz. The whole reason this feud happened because Vince trusted the aged veteren to work with Miz.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Not seen anything so far to suggest MJF is better in-ring that Miz. His biggest matches with Jericho and Cody on ppv have bombed.

Miz reached the top of his profession remember maineventing Wrestlemania, had reality show and movies built around and flips $5m mansions like its nothing.

MJF still has aways to go to match Miz's impact on the business.
You genuinely don't believe MJF is a more capable in ring performer than The Miz? His match against Cody was fine, his match against Jericho was mediocre.

Name me one Miz match superior to MJF/Jungle Boy at Double Or Nothing.

We aren't debating who workers for the bigger company, were discussing who the better wrestler is, 40 year old Miz having a larger paycheck then a 25 year old kid and starring in shitty movies is hardly proof he's the superior talent.

·
Registered
31,242 Posts
MJF isn't known for being a ring wizard, correct, nobody claimed that, but he's certainly miles above The Miz who's pushing 40 and you literally were just able to give two example of "passable matches" he's quite unathletic, sluggish in the ring. His "yes" kicks that mocked Daniel Bryan may very well have been the most unrealistic, pathetic strikes I've seen in a Professional Wrestling ring in the past 20+ years, rivaling Rondas "flurry of punches"

I don't buy the Miz being intense because he shows zero intensity in the ring & has been booked like a chicken shit for 90% of his 15 year career. The Miz is what he is, a mid carder who's had a couple solid runs. MJF is only 24/25 and is a clear upper midcarder at this point already, but it's comparing apples to oranges as far as I'm concerned, they aren't all that similar.
No I gave you an extreme example of Miz having a good match. Miz had a set of good matches with a Jerry Lawler who would be having a heart attack mid year in 2 years time. To say Miz is miles below MJF is living in the moment and painting MJF as something he isn't. Do you think MJF good lead Taz to a fire match because that would be the equivalent of the examples I gave you.

As far as the second part MJF isn't all that intense either in the ring. They're both chicken shit heels. And you're right he is young, but if we're going to compare them Miz has completed much higher highs, you can't use MJF's potential as a argument while ignoring Miz's factual highs.

·
Registered
31,242 Posts
Hmm interesting perspective. One could say Lawler pulled the best out of the Miz. Because 2010's Lawler still knew how to work a crowd. Lawler at post 60 was a better worker/seller than Miz.
Yes you could say that if you're looking to ignore Miz still had to handle his part and Miz was getting heat consistently back then.

·
Registered
31,242 Posts
And who was also largley responsible for those being good matches? Lawler.
Miz by far, he had to actually be able to sell the fact that 60 year old Jerry had a real chance. This match doesn't work if Miz can't draw enough heat and disdain that the crowd is willing to believe the 60 year old announcer can beat him. That's a great heel performance.

·
Likes wrestling....
10,648 Posts
Miz by far, he had to actually be able to sell the fact that 60 year old Jerry had a real chance. This match doesn't work if Miz can't draw enough heat and disdain that the crowd is willing to believe the 60 year old announcer can beat him. That's a great heel performance.
No Lawler is the one who sold for most of the matches. Lawler made a career of making guys like Miz look great. Lawler's selling is what made those matches seem good.

I honestly don't have a lot against Miz. I just think its odd you think that is a selling piece for Miz because you somehow think one of the greatest workers of all time somehow forgot to work a crowd and it was Miz who made that series great.

Too each his own.

·
Registered
31,242 Posts
No Lawler is the one who sold for most of the matches. Lawler made a career of making guys like Miz great.
Doesn't really add up, Miz is the young heel fighting a 60 year old face Lawler has the easy part. As it's easy to buy the 60 year is about to get beat up. The actual hard part is to get people to actually bite on the idea that Jerry Lawler might win the title and go to Mania. That's on Miz to make Jerry Lawler look legit. Miz looks like a piece of shit by default, because he's picking fights with an old man.

·
Likes wrestling....
10,648 Posts
Doesn't really add up, Miz is the young heel fighting a 60 year old face Lawler has the easy part. As it's easy to buy the 60 year is about to get beat up. The actual hard part is to get people to actually bite on the idea that Jerry Lawler might win the title and go to Mania. That's on Miz to make Jerry Lawler look legit. Miz looks like a piece of shit by default, because he's picking fights with an old man.
An old man who was pretty over right? I mean give "The King" some credit.

Watch the match you posted and tell me King was not the better worker.

If you disagree so be it.

·
Registered
31,242 Posts
An old man who was pretty over right? I mean give "The King" some credit.
Of course, but by default he's going to put heat on Miz simply by being old. It's not the typical " X bumped like crazy and made Y look good" type thing where credit is normally given for selling, like the credit say Darby gets.

·
Likes wrestling....
10,648 Posts
Of course, but by default he's going to put heat on Miz simply by being old. It's not the typical " X bumped like crazy and made Y look good" type thing where credit is normally given for selling, like the credit say Darby gets.
Yeah I understand what you are saying, but your whole premise was that "Miz got something out of old Lawler". Lawler had a lot to do with the quality of those matches.

It was not Miz carrying Lawler.

Yin/Yang.

no worries.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts