Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Antonio Cesaro debuted on Monday Night Raw on April 20th, 2012.

The real name of the Swiss Superman is Claudio Castagnoli and is originally from Lucerne, Switzerland. Originally trained by SigMasta Rappo (Pascal Signer), he debuted in Westside Extreme Wrestling (Germany) with a japanese gimmick before quickly switching to a Swiss banker forming the "Swiss Money Holder" tag team.

After receiving training from Dave Taylor in England, he came to the US (getting a green card in 2004) and competed regularly in Ring of Honor and Chikara, while training alongside Chris Hero (Chris Spradlin).

Castagnoli, Cannon (couldn't identify who), and Chris Hero formed the Kings of Wrestling faction. Kings of Wrestling would would win the Chickara tag team titles, the Combat Zone Wrestling tag titles, and Ring of Honor tag titles. Castagnoli actually signed to WWE in 2006, but was shortly after dropped.

Later, Castagnoli joined Team Uppercut, with Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) and Dave Taylor.

In September 2011, Castagnoli signed a contract with WWE and joined Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW), under the name Antonio Cesaro, and eventually debuting on Raw.

Here is a youtube video (not mine, credit goes to that glorious bastard) of his top 10 moves:

Here is a match of his with Daniel Bryan and one of his with Sami Zayn:

Enjoy.

·
Administrator
59,222 Posts
The Giant Swing seems to be his eventual face turn. Hopefully they push him to the moon when he does turn face. He should be WWE Champion eventually.

·
AnGOATio Cesaro
4,539 Posts
With all due respect to Daniel Bryan, CC is the best in ring talent in WWE. Bryan has the edge technically and explosiveness, but Cesaro is easily the second best technical wrestler. Plus he can do anything anyone else can do fantastically, and can do things absolutely no one else can do. He's a great mat worker, a technician, a powerhouse, and he can fly around too. In ROH it wasn't uncommon for him to pull out top rope head scissors or corkscrew planchas to the outside.

Hes really charismatic as a face. His moveset (you haven't seen most of it yet) is tailored to a babyface. The giant swing, the UFO, the match killer, all awesome to see and crowd favorites. Once they turn him, which is inevitable as he gets over with the Swing, he's going to start to come out of his shell and put on some great matches and entertaining segments. If they're going to do a real split from Zeb and Swagger I'd like to see a best of 5 between the two. Just based on the grudge. If done right and given the right time it would do wonders for both of them.

The best way to go with Cesaro, I think, is to turn the Swiss Superman nickname into a full on gimmick. Every week have him take out "local" giants, have him challenge someone to different feats of strength every week, etc. etc. You could also give him a Hercules type thing where he has a new feat to complete each week. Fans loved things like the Kurt Angle Invitational and the masterlock challenge, so I think doing something with Cesaro for a month or two would help him get over.

But yeah, he should be in the WHC picture asap. He should have been built to it 5 months ago, but it's okay. Give him a few months build and let him loose.

EDIT: Not to step on your toes Skyfall, but the top 75 of his moves on YouTube is the best one out there for him. Well worth the 10 minutes.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Find the highlights (or the full match) of his match against Brodie Lee in a cage in Chikara. Brodie Lee is now Luke Harper of the Wyatt Family. In that match, Cesaro is basically the underdog small guy, given how big Luke Harper is, and it's spectacular stuff.

·
AnGOATio Cesaro
4,539 Posts
Find the highlights (or the full match) of his match against Brodie Lee in a cage in Chikara. Brodie Lee is now Luke Harper of the Wyatt Family. In that match, Cesaro is basically the underdog small guy, given how big Luke Harper is, and it's spectacular stuff.
It's actually funny because I never realized how tall he was until he faced Brodie Lee. They're the same height exactly. But yeah as much of a tank as he is Brodie outweighs him by a good bit. They had a great series of matches.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My only concern with Antonio Cesaro is that he feels bland without a gimmick. Before he was in the Real Americans, I honestly thought he was demoted to NXT after his failed 'yodeling' gimmick. Although yes, he brought some legitimacy to the US Title (Not too much), he has a long way to go before people see him as a threat to WHC. Cesaro is perfectly fine in the Real Americans, as he establishes his 'spot' moves (Giant Swing, UFO, Neutralizer).

I disagree with Harbringer, though. I believe that Daniel Bryan's spots and his natural connection with what the crowd wants, he is the overall better performer. Cesaro is great, but until he does "come out of his shell", Daniel Bryan is way above him on the WWE Performance Ladder.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,843 Posts
It sucks that WWE has not let him freely use his move-set yet.

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
Antonio Cesaro debuted on Monday Night Raw on April 20th, 2012.

The real name of the Swiss Superman is Claudio Castagnoli and is originally from Lucerne, Switzerland. Originally trained by SigMasta Rappo (Pascal Signer), he debuted in Westside Extreme Wrestling (Germany) with a japanese gimmick before quickly switching to a Swiss banker forming the "Swiss Money Holder" tag team.

After receiving training from Dave Taylor in England, he came to the US (getting a green card in 2004) and competed regularly in Ring of Honor and Chikara, while training alongside Chris Hero (Chris Spradlin).

Castagnoli, Cannon (couldn't identify who), and Chris Hero formed the Kings of Wrestling faction. Kings of Wrestling would would win the Chickara tag team titles, the Combat Zone Wrestling tag titles, and Ring of Honor tag titles. Castagnoli actually signed to WWE in 2006, but was shortly after dropped.

Later, Castagnoli joined Team Uppercut, with Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) and Dave Taylor.

In September 2011, Castagnoli signed a contract with WWE and joined Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW), under the name Antonio Cesaro, and eventually debuting on Raw.

Here is a youtube video (not mine, credit goes to that glorious bastard) of his top 10 moves:

Here is a match of his with Daniel Bryan and one of his with Sami Zayn:

Enjoy.
I think you mean Arik Cannon. They worked as a team called AC/CC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts