Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I think of this Question guys like Ric Flair, Randy Orton, The Rock, Arn Anderson and The Kliq come to mind Why

Well for starters Ric Flair Anderson And The Kliq Always Played Backstage Politics and were some of the biggest ass kissers ever in the biz

And if you ask me this is just my opinion on The Rock And Randy Orton im sure there dad's had alot to do with were they are today .

·
Santina's Lover
4,216 Posts
You are largely incorrect sir. Most wrestlers in the past have spent a long time in the territories, indies, or OVW/FCW slowly working their way up the ladder over a number of years. Heck, even The Rock spent a large amount of time as basically a jobber before becoming huge.

Yes there are a lot of 2nd/3rd generation people who have gotten into the business through connections but they still have to work their asses off and have some actual talent to recieve shots at the big time.

When I think of not paying dues I think of people like Brock Lesnar/Sheamus etc. who even though hugely talented just got pushed straight to the top in a short time in the WWE even though they did spend a lot of time getting to that point.

Basically if you haven't worked as a wrestler for a decent amount of time before entering the WWE (Otunga you green piece of shit I'm looking at you.) then you haven't really paid your dues.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flair and Anderson didnt pay dues?! gtfo
Fair point on Rock and Orton though.
First one who springs to mind for me is Goldberg.
Im gonna have to agree and go with Goldberg also.

But Yes Flair And Anderson like i said were some of the biggest ass kissers in the biz and in the late 80s early 90s held alot of young talent down

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are largely incorrect sir. Most wrestlers in the past have spent a long time in the territories, indies, or OVW/FCW slowly working their way up the ladder over a number of years. Heck, even The Rock spent a large amount of time as basically a jobber before becoming huge.

Yes there are a lot of 2nd/3rd generation people who have gotten into the business through connections but they still have to work their asses off and have some actual talent to recieve shots at the big time.

When I think of not paying dues I think of people like Brock Lesnar/Sheamus etc. who even though hugely talented just got pushed straight to the top in a short time in the WWE even though they did spend a lot of time getting to that point.

Basically if you haven't worked as a wrestler for a decent amount of time before entering the WWE (Otunga you green piece of shit I'm looking at you.) then you haven't really paid your dues.
HAHAHAHA at what you said about The Rock being a jobber well can you show me the videos were he was a jobber I know he lost a few matches when he first came into the wwe but Really he mad his debut at SS 96 Was The sole Survivor won the Intercontinental Championship like what maby 2 months after his debut hell he even had the whole lady luck storyline so yea The Rock was never a jobber

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Im gonna have to agree and go with Goldberg also.

But Yes Flair And Anderson like i said were some of the biggest ass kissers in the biz and in the late 80s early 90s held alot of young talent down
Wether or not they held talent down has nothing to do with them paying dues, those guys built had a hand in building the business in the 70s and 80s, Flair came back from a fuckin plane crash when he was still a nobody. And if they did hold people down they put just as many people over too. Flair alone has made countless stars.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
The biggest example I can come up with is Brock Lesnar. Dude showed up and was pushed to the top in 4 months and not having any experience before that except for his time in OVW.
Brock was an exception to the rule in that he was the rare case of a guy who actually deserved it, and was totally ready for it. His debut is one of the most memorable for me, he instantly looked like a champ.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wether or not they held talent down has nothing to do with them paying dues, those guys built had a hand in building the business in the 70s and 80s, Flair came back from a fuckin plane crash when he was still a nobody. And if they did hold people down they put just as many people over too. Flair alone has made countless stars.
Countless stars???? well your gonna have to name me a few sorry ive only been watching wrestling since 89 the only person I can think of that he put over was bret hart and to be honest I think he still has a problem with that till this day and also Bret whould have got over with or with out flair

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Sheamus
Alberto Del Rio
Undertaker

And yes, Undertaker. He showed up, literally in the main event, and in five ppv's was WWE champion. Now, to be fair, he's one of the all-time great talents of the business and was/is mega-over.

·
Registered
616 Posts
all those guys that were pushed to top since day one.

Brock is one of the biggest example. The guy was put over everyone. Rock jobbed to him. Taker jobbed to him. Hogan jobbed to him. Show jobbed to him. He was pushed to the moon.

Sheamus when he started out. He now has paid his dues.

ADR never paid his dues. He was pushed to moon since day one.

·
Santina's Lover
4,216 Posts
HAHAHAHA at what you said about The Rock being a jobber well can you show me the videos were he was a jobber I know he lost a few matches when he first came into the wwe but Really he mad his debut at SS 96 Was The sole Survivor won the Intercontinental Championship like what maby 2 months after his debut hell he even had the whole lady luck storyline so yea The Rock was never a jobber
You think he never wrestled anywhere else before WWE?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.