Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taker has made AJ his jobber bitch twice now, i mean he fucking beat him in less than 30 seconds in Saudi with a botchy chokeslam, the match would be predictable as fuck, Taker aint losing to AJ after he's destroyed him so easily on two different occasions now. It would be different if AJ has been built up as a threat and they kept them apart, then i would be into it, but how they've gone about it is fucking terrible and shouldn't make anyone want to see the match. Who really wants to see a WM singles match between two men who previously wrestled and it was a squash match in less than 30 seconds?

Aleister Black is the logical choice to face Taker, he's been unstoppable on Raw, he's been booked like a beast and he's got the dark bad ass character kinda similar to Taker. I mean who really wants to see a buried AJ Styles that has been bitched out so much by Taker to get a singles match with Taker? I don't, and whoever thinks AJ would get some great match out of Taker is insane, Taker would destroy him in less than 5 minutes similar to how he beat Cena.

If they seriously do AJ vs Taker at WM its gonna be fucking laughable and will be total bullshit since it should be Aleister, Aleister would be a made fucking man if he defeated Taker at WM with a Black Mass. What good would Taker beating AJ do? or what good would it do for AJ to beat Taker? AJ's already a top name he'd gain nothing from it, Aleister on the other would gain everything from it, then again i know how Vince hates making new stars so it likely wont happen.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,970 Posts
On paper AJ/Taker is the bigger match while logically it should be Black/Taker as both characters would mesh perfectly especially if Taker is willing to put Black over at the biggest stage.

Black went from beating Murphy 3 times in a row to needing Taker to beat AJ and right now is merely playing a small supporting role he deserves better for sure.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,768 Posts
This is what I have been saying since November. Black is the guy they should be pushing hard and Paul Heyman seems to agree. Black should have been the one to defeat The Fiend at WMania. He was the best possible choice given his character and vibe. Not Reigns. Not Goldberg. Not Cena. Not KO., Not Bryan. Black was the only one. 4 Black Masses to kill the Dark Clown. Star made. If that wasn't gonna happen, then you put him against Taker. The stories write themselves in both scenarios. They need to make new stars at some point and Black is the best option, especially since he is undefeated. (that 3 on 1 bullshit on RAW doesn't count in my book). Black vs Taker has a big match feel to it. I dont give a shit about AJ vs Taker and I love AJ.

And a Black vs Taker match would be better for both guys since Black is striker type wrestler as opposed to AJ who is more about the high flying flip spots. Taker is too old to keep up. That and no one cares about the prospect of AJ vs Taker. It's bland. OC will be interfering and AJ will be playing a chickenshit. Who the fuck cares about that? Instead, you can have Black staring down the Deadman for a real Wrestlemania moment. Just have it be brawler vs brawler and let Black and Taker beat the shit out of each other. That way you also hide the fact that Taker can't really go in the ring anymore.

Black has been on an upwards trajectory and leaving him off WMania would be trash. Knowing WWE, they put him in the Battle Royal.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On paper AJ/Taker is the bigger match while logically it should be Black/Taker as both characters would mesh perfectly especially if Taker is willing to put Black over at the biggest stage.

Black went from beating Murphy 3 times in a row to needing Taker to beat AJ and right now is merely playing a small supporting role he deserves better for sure.
Exactly he's playing a minor role in the AJ and Taker feud, when it should be the other way around. It just seems like a waste to book Black so fucking strong all year, no one being able to beat him, only to have him do jack shit at WM. AJ has done nothing all year really, he's been in this shit stable doing a whole lot of nothing, i feel no desire to see AJ vs Undertaker at all.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
I think Black vs Taker would be as much of a bad match as AJ vs Taker would be as Taker just doesn't have it anymore.

Black needs a lil bit more seasoning i,e his star level needs to rise before he faces someone like Undertaker. Black's a talented performer in his own right and he will get there soon enough.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what I have been saying since November. Black is the guy they should be pushing hard and Paul Heyman seems to agree. Black should have been the one to defeat The Fiend at WMania. He was the best possible choice given his character and vibe. Not Reigns. Not Goldberg. Not Cena. 4 Black Masses to kill the Dark Clown. Star made. If that wasn't gonna happen, then you put him against Taker. The stories write themselves in both scenarios. They need to make new stars at some point and Black is the best option, especially since he is undefeated. (that 3 on 1 bullshit on RAW doesn't count in my book).

And a Black vs Taker match would be better for both guys since Black is striker type wrestler as opposed to AJ who is more about the high flying flip spots. Taker is too old to keep up. That and no one cares about the prospect of AJ vs Taker. It's bland. Just have it be brawler vs brawler and let Black and Taker beat the shit out of each other. That way you also hide the fact that Taker can't really go in the ring anymore.

Black has been on an upwards trajectory and leaving him off WMania would be trash. Knowing WWE, they put him in the Battle Royal.
Yeah i totally agree, AJ vs Taker imo wouldn't be a good match, cause as you said AJ's Style just wouldn't make for a good match against Taker, he couldn't nor would Taker agree to be lifted up for a Styles Clash, hell i couldn't even picture AJ getting Taker up for his firemans carry neckbreaker, Taker's too slow nowadays and too old to be in there with a high flyer and someone with alot of lifting moves.

Black would make for the best possible actual match for Taker, as you said striker vs striker, just have them punch and kick the shit out of each other, would be alot easier on Taker.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,768 Posts
Yeah i totally agree, AJ vs Taker imo wouldn't be a good match, cause as you said AJ's Style just wouldn't make for a good match against Taker, he couldn't nor would Taker agree to be lifted up for a Styles Clash, hell i couldn't even picture AJ getting Taker up for his firemans carry neckbreaker, Taker's too slow nowadays and too old to be in there with a high flyer and someone with alot of lifting moves.

Black would make for the best possible actual match for Taker, as you said striker vs striker, just have them punch and kick the shit out of each other, would be alot easier on Taker.
AJ trying to get Taker up for a Styles Clash would be disastrous. Taker would sandbag the shit out of him. I would rather see Black hitting V-Triggers and Black Masses while Taker throws his punches, big boots, clotheslines, Old Schools, etc. Taker has actually made a career out of being a great striker. As JR used to say, Taker throws "soup-bones".

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I want to see that match. Got a problem with that, OP?
No you're free to want whatever you want man, i just don't get why you want it considering how badly WWE has booked the feud, Taker squashed AJ in seconds and made him look like a freaking joke, that instantly killed any desire i had to see the match at WM.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I wanted to see Taker vs Styles, but AJ wrestling Undertaker of 2020 (hell no, it just won't be incredible and it's ugh can't put into words of how much of a bad idea.)

·
Baby Yoda
29,356 Posts
It's true, in typical WWE fashion they've botched their plans and set up for a different match which they're not going to deliver on.

What a way to make AJ look like a threat to Taker after making him Taker's bitch in 8 seconds on PPV, then having him lose to Black at EC.

AJ has to win at WM to regain some credibility and we know that isn't happening.

I wanted to see Taker vs Styles, but AJ wrestling Undertaker of 2020 (hell no, it just won't be incredible and it's ugh can't put into words of how much of a bad idea.)
AJ himself is pretty washed these days.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The story is simple.

AJ called himself the new Mr. Wrestlemania... That pissed off Taker, so he butted into the Gauntlet Match and beat AJ (he obviously wasn't mentally prepared for a new opponent like that)... Now Taker stuck his nose in another match AJ had in the bag, and handed the fluke victory to Black. Why wouldn't you expect AJ to want to tear Undertaker apart in a REAL match when he's had time to prepare? And obviously Taker enjoys antagonizing Styles...

Besides Black is nowhere near being on the level for a singles match with anyone at Mania. Besides Buddy Murphy, tonite was Black's only win!

·
Registered
229 Posts
It's true, it typical WWE fashion they've botched their plans and set up for a different match which they're not going to deliver on.

What a way to make AJ look like a threat to Taker after making him Taker's bitch in 8 seconds on PPV, then having him lose to Black at EC.

AJ has to win at WM to regain some credibility and we know that isn't happening.

AJ himself is pretty washed these days.
Cuz the loss tonight made AJ look real bad? lol He was dominating and about to win when Taker interfered.

·
Baby Yoda
29,356 Posts
Cuz the loss tonight made AJ look real bad? lol He was dominating and about to win when Taker interfered.
I must have forgotten the bit where Black was about to put away AJ before The OC jumped in to make the save.

AJ is a joke as heel, he may as well be a comedy heel because all he does is lose and is a presented as a joke against the real top stars.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The way they are booking is stupid as they are making AJ look like a goof getting owned by Taker (albeit by distraction) time and again before he is going to get pinned anyway.. But Undertaker vs Black..No..Undertaker cannot move as well as the others can..Putting Black with undertaker is only going to recreate the train wreck that was Roman Reigns and Undertaker from a few years ago and AJ is only there because he is a safe pair of hands to have against Undertaker to give a decent match without either of them injuring the other and AJ is quite over that this loss would not matter much, hell he has had worse losses before and a match with Taker at Wrestlemania even with this version of the Undertaker is still a major moment for him.

·
Baby Yoda
29,356 Posts
The way they are booking is stupid as they are making AJ look like a goof getting owned by Taker (albeit by distraction) time and again before he is going to get pinned anyway.. But Undertaker vs Black..No..Undertaker cannot move as well as the others can..Putting Black with undertaker is only going to recreate the train wreck that was Roman Reigns and Undertaker from a few years ago and AJ is only there because he is a safe pair of hands to have against Undertaker to give a decent match without either of them injuring the other and AJ is quite over that this loss would not matter much, hell he has had worse losses before and a match with Taker at Wrestlemania even with this version of the Undertaker is still a major moment for him.
Can we stop pretending like AJ can carry Taker? AJ's last good big match was more than a year ago against Seth. He's just as washed as Taker nowadays but nowhere as over.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Can we stop pretending like AJ can carry Taker? AJ's last good big match was more than a year ago against Seth. He's just as washed as Taker nowadays but nowhere as over.
Well AJ is a pretty safe worker, wont embarass himself like Roman did against Taker and can work a safe match within the given parameters...Maybe that is all they are looking for. Plus its Vince's way of rewarding AJ, WWE still considers an Undertaker match at Wrestlemania a crowning moment in your legacy..So him giving it to AJ is saying something..

1 - 20 of 73 Posts