Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kurt Angle - Maybe the most well booked guy out of ANYBODY in TNA. Im sure that has ALOT to do with him having part creative control over his character. I remember in an interview he said something on the lines of 'If I don't want to do something TNA wants me to do I don't do it.'

Beer Money - I think TNAs definitely used them to their full potential. TBH I don't think they've ever been booked to look less then they were worth, from what I can recall anyway. They had a great feud with Team 3D and a great series of matches with the MCMG which were blast to watch. Hopefully TNA continues to use them right, but TBH I think its time for singles pushes(thats of course when this whole Immortal Fortune thing blows over)

Jeff Jarret - whether hes been booked 'right' or not is definitly debatable but booked well in terms of 'made to look strong' we can all probably guess why thats been the case....

Ken Anderson - Personally I think overall they've booked him great. His feud with Angle made him look like a million bucks and at the end they both came out looking strong. Even though I hate the fact that hes a face and is suited WAY more as heel, he actually hasn't been booked bad as a face and is still made to look like a key player.

Those who are all I cant think of off the top of my head. Im sure theres more but knowing TNA I doubt it.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
I'd say MCMG were booked right. Looking back on it, that tag win was actually mark worthy simply because we saw them rise. They had gotten their title shots (There were some poor booking decisions like having them defend their no.1 contendership) and weren't pushed immediately from the beginning so there was build up to it. It just made that win seem so much. It's probably the last time I REALLY appreciated a title win

Beer Money I'd say too.

The Beautiful People

Awesome Kong was for th longest.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Beer Money, maybe Doug' Will' and that's it

everyone else who had been booked right got ruined, AJ , Joe, Awesome Kong, Dinero, Anderson, Monty Brown, KAZ, Daniels, Desmond Wolfe

not mention all the people that got over pushed like Jarrett, Nash, Angle, Booker, Christian, Kendrick, Shannon Moore

·
Registered
621 Posts
Angle, Anderson, Hardy, Jarrett, Fourtune as a stable, MCMG, RVD (lately) and I think they are going to the right direction with Morgan.

Joe, Pope, Desmond on the other hand were poorly booked. So is Jey Lethal I think-he was booked very well for a while and then they lost it. 2 hours per week is not enough though, even Reaction isn't!

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
People expected Desmond to be pushed to the moon, which didn't really make sense as he had JUST come in. It's been a year since he's been there a few weeks ago. Sure he jobbed a little, but after a fued with Kurt, where exactly is there to go other than WHC orrr down where he can build more character?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
People expected Desmond to be pushed to the moon, which didn't really make sense as he had JUST come in. It's been a year since he's been there a few weeks ago. Sure he jobbed a little, but after a fued with Kurt, where exactly is there to go other than WHC orrr down where he can build more character?
he isn't building or establishing s**t by being a glorified jobber, not a little, but every freaking time he has a match he jobs,

he proved to be a close match to Angle, their matches helped bring in hope to the tna diehards (for about two months) besides all those that care know that he is Nigel McGuiness, you know the best indy wrestler besides Bryan Danielson, it was a perfect time for Angle to bow out and put him over to show that wrestling is back and change is on the horizon

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
They had him in a tag team and were building both him and Magnus up so he was "jobbing" for roughly half a year if that. While he was jobbing, he still got mic time, he still got to work in the ring and he was still managing to somehow get Impact main events. I agree it coulda went ALOT better, but it wasn't even a year he was booked "badly" for.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
They had him in a tag team and were building both him and Magnus up so he was "jobbing" for roughly half a year if that. While he was jobbing, he still got mic time, he still got to work in the ring and he was still managing to somehow get Impact main events. I agree it coulda went ALOT better, but it wasn't even a year he was booked "badly" for.
never have i read something so schizophrenic a positioned wrestler, further proving that tna had no freaking clue what they were doing

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
No one. TNA hasn't booked anyone well. Which is why no one is a draw. Lots of good talent. Lots of charismatic talent, but TNA doesn't know how to turn it up to the next level.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
Kurt is the only guy that springs to mind. He was an absolute star when he came across, and they treated him as such. Has been in the title picture for 4 years, and deserves it for being the biggest guy in the company. Other than that, no one has been booked solidly really.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I'm gonna have to disagree with the majority and say that Anderson was not booked to his potential. I mean generally speaking, he's over as ever at this point. But he could of been the top heel at this time if they wouldn't ever have turned him face. His feud with Angle was incredible. That "Evil" Mr. Anderson type character they building on made him such a classic heel. Turning him face made him a bit goofy. I certainly still enjoy what they did but he could of been so much more.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts