Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When these ladies did a heel turn, they did a heel TURN as in they changed everything. Ring gear,looks,new entrance with new music. WWE and these wrestlers went all out to present them in a darker light.

Im loving Io's new club booty bouncing music,her I dont need or want friends attitude and I think now she is showing why she is regarded as one of the best in the world more so now than as a babyface in WWE. Io is running with it to. She interacts with the fans like a heel should.

Now Bayley..I came back into watching WWE at the tail end of December of last year so iv only seen this hugger gimmick close to a year. Now for you guys who have been watching WWE and Bayley since 2015, some of you have waited YEARS for this turn. WWE teased they teased it another time but never went through with it. Now WWE finally pulled the trigger and when Smackdown was over thats all everybody was talking about. Extra bonus points for probably making kids cry worldwide as she murdered the Bayley buddies with a poker. Funny though I see people now saying Bayley is more hot more attractive. I dont know for me I actually find her less attractive now. Its a small part the hair and bigger part the eye make up, not a fan of that eye make up. Bayley has also been interacting with the fans to as she turned her back on the Heeeeeey Bayley chants nooo!!! I love that chant

Io Shirai's heel run has been great and still going strong but for more impact I gotta go with Bayley for how long it took to get here and when it did kids were balling their eyes out and grown folks were chanting YES!!

· Premium Member
27,048 Posts
Bayley's was overdue, but I'd still take an overdue turn over none. My issue has been with how Beyley is portrayed in general. She's not a big deal; or, when she is it's immediately thrown under the rug and she taps to Dana Brooke the next week. Bayley has been made to appear as a literal loser who can't best the other horsewoman, can't exist without someone helping her, and able to used for taking a beating. If she started a win streak tomorrow people would turn on her in less than 4 weeks because we've been conditioned to know she cannot win. No heel turn, storyline, is going to save that. She needs good booking for a solid year before she gets any credibility back - will never happen.

Io was still new to WWE and hadn't been ruined by WWE. She's also in NXT. comparing anything happening in NXT to Raw/Smackdown should be a crime as they're completely different products. You could argue one is wrestling; one is not. The worst storyline on NXT is as good as the best stroyline on Raw.

· Registered
105 Posts
Io Shirai by a long distance. Bayley's got the new look and all the bells and whistles but my god, she has well and truly proved why they didn't turn her for so long. Her gig on commentary last week was painful - she doesn't say anything with the passion that you need to actually believe what a heel is saying. Hopefully it comes with time but yeah, I dunno.

· F*** This indy flippy shit
2,761 Posts
Bayley is too god awful on the mic to pull off a heel turn effectively, so Io wins by default. Io at least committed to it, Bayley still looks like a deer caught in the headlights whether it’s as a heel or face.

Plus Io’s heel turn included getting rid of that stupid rainbow bear mask for her entrance.

· Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually liked her mask when she was a babyface. Her music though was a different story for me. Sounded Dance Dance Revolution type music.

Forgot to give Io extra bonus points as well for the Poppy "Scary Mask" video package AND Poppy playing her to the ring on a regular edition of NXT.

That small ass stage in that small ass venue and it felt GRAND and badass. Without Io' heel turn we never would have gotten this

· TONI POR TODO!
4,679 Posts
Neither, we barely knew something about Io Shirai to care about it.
:frown2:
And Bayley's heel turn could have benn epic, but she only got a haircut about visual changes. And the sad part is that her heel turn wasn't by herself like it should have been.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.