Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Man
25,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems tge wwe midcard is getting some time, it was the midcard that made a good raw great. In the wwe who have gotten better or worse. From the midcard I would say Ziggler and Rhodes have been amazing. They've gotten so much better a heavyweight title run seems inevitable in the future for them. Alex Riley really hasn't improved at all. He has the look just needs to get better in the ring. Judging by Mason Ryans hair he hasn't improved. How can he be taken seriously with it lol. And surprising even as champ I think Cena has given bad promos lately. They seems forced and robotic and just bad.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Cody Rhodes just continuously improves in my eyes...when he debuted and teamed with Hardcore Holly I honestly couldn't stand to see him on my tv...I was there when he won the tag titles with Holly at the 15th anniversary show, and literally as they were about to go for the pin that lead to them winning the titles, a woman with floors seats fell out of her chair, messed up her neck and was getting wheeled out on a stretcher, and everybody was paying attention to that and not their match. He was unimportant and no one really cared. I thought he'd be nothing more than a tag wrestler...then he evolved into Legacy, went solo and continues to grow...the past three years he's been high up on my list of most improved wrestler every year...the next thing he needs to improve his the size of his legs...i honestly am used to it, but my friends who casually watch with me from time to time always say, "dude this guys got chicken legs" so it clearly stands out.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
R-Truth for me is the most improved certainly in the past year, he went from not even being on the card for Wrestlemania to probably the most entertaining on the WWE Roster and this past Raw really did miss he presence.

Alex Riley has stayed stagnent since his Face turn, he just needs to slow it down in the ring because everything he does in the ring seems rushed although the one positive thing I will say for Riley is that he does have one of the best spinebusters I have ever seen

Alberto Del Rio for me has got worse as he's just lost that intensity he once had when he debuted and his mic work has got very one dimesional, I know he's capable of better and I hope to see it from him in the future

·
Registered
583 Posts
R-Truth for me is the most improved certainly in the past year, he went from not even being on the card for Wrestlemania to probably the most entertaining on the WWE Roster and this past Raw really did miss he presence.

Alex Riley has stayed stagnent since his Face turn, he just needs to slow it down in the ring because everything he does in the ring seems rushed although the one positive thing I will say for Riley is that he does have one of the best spinebusters I have ever seen

Alberto Del Rio for me has got worse as he's just lost that intensity he once had when he debuted and his mic work has got very one dimesional, I know he's capable of better and I hope to see it from him in the future
Pretty much this except for Del Rio. I honestly don't think anybody has gotten worse.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and R-Truth have improved a lot.
I hated the Cody's Dashing gimmick. But now, I like that he had that gimmick, because it makes sense with his current one.
I think Cody and Dolph may be ready for the main event. Well, I hope not, because without them, the midcard will be more boring than ever.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I think Ziggler has gotten much better in both promos and in the ring, I think Punk's and Christian's characters have both gotten worse and by result so have their promos, but Punks moreso. And honestly, Cody has gotten worse imo. His promos used to be listenable and hos matches were solid and good at times. Now his promos are the worst in the company nearly, and his matches are just solid, never good imo. He's gotten much worse since his Legacy days I'll say. Back when I actually saw charisma and potential in him.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Alex Riley really hasn't improved at all. He has the look just needs to get better in the ring.
I think its the opposite for Alex Riley. He is decent in the ring, but he has a terrible look. Very boring.

For me, Orton has got worse lately. His character is becoming increasing limited to the one thing and I think its starting to show. They had to take the belt off him just so they could actually give him a storyline where he wins the belt back, because his character has very little depth. Theres just nothing interesting that can be done with him.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Ziggler, Rhodes, Miz have all been improved lately.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
If we are talking in the last year then Dolph Ziggler, Mark Henry, R-Truth, Cody Rhodes & Sheamus have all improved, Rhodes and Henry especially. Del Rio has stayed stagnant but I still like him and John Morrison and Jack Swagger have gotten shitter. IMO. You could say Wade Barrett has gone downhill but that has nothing to do with his talent it's just the booking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts