Wrestling Forum banner

Who has actually 'defected' so far?

2353 Views 20 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  The Widow Maker
Much has been made of the whole Sting vs Taker scenario at Wrestlemania.
Of course, that probably won't happen but it has got me thinking, since the Hulk Hogan / Eric Bischoff regime, which TNA wrestlers have jumped ship to the WWE? And which WWE wrestlers have actually come to TNA?

I can think of a couple off the top of my head:

WWE to TNA

Matt Hardy
Mickie James
Winter

TNA to WWE

Kevin Nash
Consequences Creed
Awesome Kong

Which company has actually lost out on more talent?
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,718 Posts
Neither really. I mean you can try to keep a track record of everyone who has come and gone but I think they've both lost equal the amount, maybe not literally equal but just enough that both have lost plenty of superstar to each other. But that's life in wrestling. It was the same with WWF/WCW and WWF/NWA.

· Exile on Main Street
1,127 Posts
Pretty sure the only person who's defected/left one company to go to the other is Kevin Nash, all the others have been hired by the other company after being fired/quitting for other reasons. So TNA is the only company to have actually "lost" anyone.

· Registered
12,827 Posts
Jillian Hall, Tiffany, Shad Gaspard, Vance Archer, Luke Gallows and Caylen Croft are now free to join TNA Wrestling as their respective ninety-day no-compete clauses with WWE expired late last week. All six were released on November 19, 2010.

· Registered
858 Posts
If you really want an answer, TNA has gained the most, there is more to the story but based off those 6 names it is my choice. Heavyweight scene is a lot better since Hardy joined. Knockouts revival coinciding with return of Mickie/Tara (and them not booking the rest of girls like shit).

There is so much more energy in the ring with no Nash, Hogan, Sting, Flair, Foley and such thinking their names will bring more sales. They don't really.

· Registered
865 Posts
These were in WWE then went to TNA
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Matt Morgan
Kurt Angle
Kevin Nash
Booker T
Victoria
Mickie James
Shannon Moore
Mick Foley
Ric Flair
Rhino
Tommy Dreamer
Raven
Jimmy Hart
Hulk Hogan
Rob Van Dam
Eric Bischoff
Scott Steiner
Brian Adams
Doug Basham
Damaja
Bob Backlund
Tatanka
Jim Cornette
Shawn Davairi
DDP
Jackie Gayda
Sylvain Grenier
Scott Hall
Rikishi
Gangrel
Bobby Heenan
Curt Hennig
Bubba Ray Dudley
D'von Dudley
Spike Dudley
Goldust
BG James
Kip James
R-Truth
Gail Kim
Bobby Lashley
Jerry Lynn
Test
Val Venis
Jim Neidhart
Lex Luger
Randy Savage
Justin Credible
Rick Steiner
Dusty Rhodes
Perry Saturn
Ken Shamrock
Jake Roberts
Dave Taylor
Tyson Tomko
X-Pac
Christian

Then, these were in TNA first and went to WWE
Monty Brown
CM Punk
Matt Sydal
Low Ki
Sabu
Kid Kash
Juventud Guererra
Lance Hoyt
Paul London
Brian Kendrick
Tyler Black
Consequenes Creed
Awesome Kong
Jimmy Yang

Amongst others i'm sure

· Registered
2,673 Posts
Jillian Hall, Tiffany, Shad Gaspard, Vance Archer, Luke Gallows and Caylen Croft are now free to join TNA Wrestling as their respective ninety-day no-compete clauses with WWE expired late last week. All six were released on November 19, 2010.
.Jillian's good, but the Knockouts division is reaching critical mass again.

.TNA doesn't need Kelly Kelly V2.

.Shad without JTG is pointless.

.F the haters. I wanna see Lance Hoyt again.

.I'd rather see Festus than Abyss. :eek:

.Heard Caylen was good. Meh.

Save the money and go after MVP and Low Ki when their time is up.

· Registered
494 Posts
Juventud was in WCW then WWE then TNA
Kendrick was in ECW then WWE then TNA
CM Punk was in ROH then WWE

I'm pretty sure you're wrong on every single one of those. Kendrick had a run as Spanky in TNA before going to WWE, CM Punk was in a group called "The Gathering" with Raven and Julio Dinero before going to WWE and I'm pretty sure Juvy wrestled in TNA in 2003ish before joining the Mexicools in WWE in like 2005 (unless he had a run before that in WWE?).

· Registered
2,234 Posts
If we talk about guys who have made a name for themselves IN TNA before defecting towards WWE:

Monty Brown
Chris Harris
R-Truth
Consequences Creed

Every other possible TNA defector imaginable didn't DO anything in TNA or went to TNA after making a name somewhere else and then back to the WWE (Nash & Christian).

· Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
8,847 Posts
Has Kevin Nash really defected though? I thought he just signed a legends contract which means he can make the occasional cameo appearence and appear in video games.

· I am the Prince of Saiyans once again!!
1,652 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're wrong on every single one of those. Kendrick had a run as Spanky in TNA before going to WWE, CM Punk was in a group called "The Gathering" with Raven and Julio Dinero before going to WWE and I'm pretty sure Juvy wrestled in TNA in 2003ish before joining the Mexicools in WWE in like 2005 (unless he had a run before that in WWE?).
Juventud Guerrero was in wcw in the 90's my friend, look it up.

And with CM punk, I didnt watch TNA WAY back when so you might be right.

But those three I wouldnt even call a defection, Juvy got fired, and CM was well known in ROH far more then TNA. Spanky, well his track record speaks for itself, wrestle wherever, whenever.

· Registered
865 Posts
Juventud was in WCW then WWE then TNA
Kendrick was in ECW then WWE then TNA
CM Punk was in ROH then WWE
Juvi: WCW from 1996-2000, TNA from 2003-2005, WWE from 2005-2006
Kendrick: you're right on this one, my bad... WWE from 2002-2004, TNA from 2004-2005, WWE from 2005-2009, TNA from 2010-Present
CM Pun: TNA 2002-2004, then he joined OVW in 2005 which at the time was the WWE Development Territory, he joined WWE in 2006

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.