Wrestling Forum banner

Who had the best WWE career without a WrestleMania singles match?

• Al Snow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cesaro

• Big E

• Billy Gunn

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Carlito

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • D'Lo Brown

• Dolph Ziggler

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Dynamite Kid

• Hardcore Holly

• The Iron Sheik

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • John Morrison

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Kofi Kingston

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Marty Jannetty

• Raven

• Rikishi

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Ron Simmons

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Shelton Benjamin

• Vader

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Val Venis

• Other (specify)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question: of everyone who's wrestled in WWE during the WrestleMania era, who had the greatest career in WWE but never had a WrestleMania singles match?

Two things to consider:

1. The wrestler had to have been active for at least a couple years since 1985, so people like Pedro Morales or Bruno Sammartino wouldn't really be great choices.

2. Consider a guy's career in WWE, not his career in general.

· Crowley's Minion
1,222 Posts
I think a few names shouldn't even be on their purely because they haven't been around that long.

Cesaro
Big E
Ziggler
Kingston
Benjamin
JoMo
Carlito

Like seriously, Cesaro, Big E and Ziggler?

· Registered
5,034 Posts
I think some of the names shouldn't actually be on the list considering the period of time they've had with WWE..

Cesaro
Big E
Ziggler
Kingston
Benjamin
JoMo
Carlito

Hell, the guys I listed barely have had a WWE career.
Yeah weird thread. How did you do the research to come up with these guys OP?

Anyways, I put Kofi, simply cuz he has done some awesome things in WWE (MITB matches, RR perfomances), without getting the spotlight of a one on one match at WM.

· Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think some of the names shouldn't actually be on the list considering the period of time they've had with WWE..

Cesaro
Big E
Ziggler
Kingston
Benjamin
JoMo
Carlito

Hell, the guys I listed barely have had a WWE career.
But who would you replace them with? Tazz? Viscera? Frickin' Crash Holly? Chris Masters? I.R.S.? Santino Marella? Drew McIntyre? The Godfather? Ahmed Johnson? A-Train? Lance Storm? Road Dogg? There really aren't THAT many guys who had WWE careers of consequence since 1985 who didn't get at least one singles match at WrestleMania.

· Mick Foley's Bitch
1,129 Posts
I'd actually have to say Rikishi. He was in the main event of a few PPV's, he had a couple good storylines and he was on TV almost every week without fail for a few years. He wasn't the most entertaining (Not the worst either) but theres no doubt WWE felt comfortable with him and most of the fans were accepting.

· A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,962 Posts
I was going to say Jacques Rougeau but he had a brief match as The Mountie against Tito Santana at Wrestlemania VII didn't he? Other than that, I'd say he's had a pretty good career from The Fabolus Rougeau's to The Mountie to The Quebecers etc...

Interesting question though, it does make you think.

· Registered
9,013 Posts
Simple question: of everyone who's wrestled in WWE during the WrestleMania era, who had the greatest career in WWE but never had a WrestleMania singles match?

Two things to consider:

1. The wrestler had to have been active for at least a couple years since 1985, so people like Pedro Morales or Bruno Sammartino wouldn't really be great choices.

2. Consider a guy's career in WWE, not his career in general.
But Bruno AND Pedro were active or at the very least could have participated.

Bruno was at the first two Mania cards and Pedro was around all the way into 1987.

· Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I only had 20 spots on the list, so the following people were omitted but could also be considered:

Tazz
Viscera
Crash Holly
Chris Masters
I.R.S.
Santino Marella
Drew McIntyre
The Godfather
Wade Barrett
Ahmed Johnson
A-Train
Lance Storm
Road Dogg

· Registered
1,166 Posts

· Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He had a match with Miz last year IIRC
That was on the pre-show, so that does not count. Only matches that were part of the televised event count as WrestleMania matches. For example, Tito Santana and Papa Shango had a dark match prior to WrestleMania IX, but since it wasn't on the actual show, it doesn't count. The same goes for the tag title matches at XIX and XXV, Miz/Barrett at XXIX, and so on.

· Stealing the Show
11,581 Posts
I declare him the winner and everyone else is in the running for the #2 spot.
isnt that the case when someone wins something--everyone not number 1 is in the running for the number 2?

also, Vader had a shit career with the WWE.

· Crowley's Minion
1,222 Posts
What's wrong with those guys being on the list? They aren't around anymore.
What's wrong with them being on the list? Tbh, they never really had the best or longest career in WWE and the topic states "Who had the greatest WWE career". Sure they won an IC title or US title but looking at all the other names they shouldn't be on there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.