Davey Richards - 321 - 10

·
The Definition of Excellence
1,554 Posts
3 way tie between Joe, Nigel and Bryan

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
- Best Matches: Probably Danielson, but he also had a lot of not that good matches in that reign that were just tedious and boring. If you had to average it out like from a star rating perspective you could probably argue that Nigel may of pipped him. Even Aries' first run was pretty consistent **** level matches. But just on pure number of great matches Danielson wins.

- Best Opponents: Probably Nigel. Danielson, Aries, Steen, Claudio, Black were the consistent challengers that came and each had some sort of build to it.

- Best Feuds: I guess it would be Nigel based on above.

Overall: Going Nigel, great heel champ, match quality was high and unlike Danielson's run Nigel seemed more beatable/had people you could see realistically beating him.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Nigel McGuinness.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
It's either Joe or Danielson. Joe for sheer importance, Danielson for untouchable consistency with any level of opponent.

McGuinness had a sweet reign, and also probably had the best crew of upper-tier challengers.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
I'd say Danielson just from a pure wrestling standpoint. Morishima was up there as well. However, Nigel had the best feuds by far.

·
Havamaniac #3
901 Posts
Although part of me really wants to say Dragon's reign. Nigel's was simply something special. Man, him vs Kenta (7 Year Anniversary?) where he couldn't really use either arm for any lariats. SO great. His Two defenses against Steen. The four way elimination with Steen, Generico, and Go. Nigel/Tyler from Take No Prisoners. The Whole reign was amazing.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Danielson without a doubt, for me. It was just amazing. Nothing comes even close.

The Open Contracts were one of the best Gabe ideas, it gave us some truly astonishing matches/moments.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
1. Nigel McGuinness (also the best and the greatest wrestler in ROH history, aka THE FUCKING MAN!)

2. Samoa Joe (Babe Ruth of ROH, his reign put the company on the mat)
3. Takeshi Morishima (something different after Danielson's 25+ min wrestling clinics. #brawling and destruction)
4. Austin Aries' 1st reign
5. Bryan Danielson's reign

1 - 20 of 38 Posts