Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
clearly, i have to say Jericho who got burried most. WWE screwed things up and alot of backstage politics has been played after 2002. Austin got screwed and also Jericho. in jericho book, jericho said about he wasn't book and became unimportant right after WM on Monday Raw where he have drop the Undisputed title to Triple H. Plus HHH got 5 times more PPV check than Jericho from Undisputed Title match @ WM. i feel really bad for Jericho how Vince and WWE threat Jericho. Jericho been the man and he prove he's the man whole Invasion angle and when HHH came back Jericho got buried. sames goes for Benoit one of most talent and kick ass guy but they put him on mid-card where HHH use his power to headline PPV which doesn't draw and people got sick of him easily. i can understand why Steve Austin walked out.

From Jericho book:
"My suspicions that Vince had had enough of the C-man were confirmed the next day when I showed up at Raw in Montreal and wasn’t booked. I’d been the World Champion for three and a half months, yet wasn’t important enough to have any part on the program the day after I lost it. It was a total slap in the face and made me feel like a total failure. To add insult to injury, after I had carried around both titles for the duration of my reign, the day after I lost them HHH was presented with a single brand spanking new Undisputed World Championship belt."

My banishment from Raw was just the beginning. At the next month’s PPV, instead of having a rematch with HHH or beginning a new feud, I wasn’t booked again. I had to weasel my way onto the show via a promo segment where I spoke my mind about how I was the Undisputed Champion only a short month ago and now I wasn’t even able to get a match on the show. Had my championship reign really been that bad? How in the hell did I travel back to 1999? Souped up DeLorean? Magical phone booth? The Guardian of Forever? No matter the reason, my star was fading. But Hulk Hogan’s was rising.
at Raw in Montreal, he came to the ring and got one of biggest pops I’ve ever heard in my life. He stood in the ring with tears in his eyes as the crowd gave him a standing ovation for ten minutes. It was incredible. As a result of that reaction and others like it everywhere he went, Vince decided to switch the title to him. HHH went from being out of action for seven months, to winning the Undisputed Championship, to losing it three weeks later to a forty-nine-year-old Hulk Hogan

· The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,950 Posts
Define buried, because Jericho is a multi time World Champ, has been a main eventer for years. You could also make a case for R-Truth, who remains very popular with the kids, gets put in big matches but always gets eliminated after his usual short routine. I know Truth is shit anyway, but man, that guy gets used to as fodder so much.

· Registered
314 Posts
It's hard for me to say the first undisputed world champ was 'burried'. To me, that term is reserved for talent that never gets gold, never gets pushed, never gets more than warm up matches on PPV and Raw, or gets totally wasted on crappy storylines.

I would have to go with DDP. Reading what Jericho said about him and how he was misused confirmed it for me. He had the talent and mic skills to do way more than what they wound up doing with him.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
My answer is undertaker, because he's the only wrestler to be literally buried than any other man :p
Lol, you stole my joke answer.

On a serious note I'll say Shelton Benjamin. Say what you will about his mic skills and/or charisma but this guy was absolutely phenomenal in the ring. After his first failed push, WWE continued for 5+ year to either job him out to main-eventers/upper-mid carders/tag teams (when with Haas) or keep him locked in the mid-card with a few second tier title reigns in between being the highlight of his career. Shelton could have made a solid World champion with his athletic ability alone.

· Banned
34 Posts
Lol, you stole my joke answer.

On a serious note I'll say Shelton Benjamin. Say what you will about his mic skills and/or charisma but this guy was absolutely phenomenal in the ring. After his first failed push, WWE continued for 5+ year to either job him out to main-eventers/upper-mid carders/tag teams (when with Haas) or keep him locked in the mid-card with a few second tier title reigns in between being the highlight of his career. Shelton could have made a solid World champion with his athletic ability alone.
Good shout actually.

His mic work was pretty brutal though.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
Chavo Guerrero. I understand the he was never really going to be a main eventer, but the shit they did to him with Hornswoggle was just beyond horrendous. Tyson Kidd and DH Smith are in the same boat. If you get off on the wrong side of a feud against Vince McMahon's bastard leprechaun comedy segment you are buried 6 feet under.

· Registered
93 Posts
[/QUOTE]
rob..van..dam..!!!
WWE Championship (1 time)
ECW Championship (1 time)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (6 time)
WWF/E Hardcore Championship (4 times)
WWE European Championship (1 time)
World Tag Team Championship (2 time) - with Kane (1), Booker T (1)
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Rey Mysterio
16th Triple Crown Champion
8th WWE Grand Slam Champion

No

Scott Steiner got buried

· Registered
664 Posts
WWE Championship (1 time)
ECW Championship (1 time)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (6 time)
WWF/E Hardcore Championship (4 times)
WWE European Championship (1 time)
World Tag Team Championship (2 time) - with Kane (1), Booker T (1)
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Rey Mysterio
16th Triple Crown Champion
8th WWE Grand Slam Champion

No

Scott Steiner got buried
[/QUOTE]

I agree but his WWE and ECW Championships run was cut short and he never recovered from it.

· Registered
15,663 Posts
Wade Barret?

Reactions: SMW
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.