Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· This Post Is Rated R
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't think he'd amount to much, I always thought when The Shield broke up Roman would be the center of attention and have the best accomplishments to his name at this point, but look at what Seth has accomplished...

-Technically main evented WM, and won the title when he did.
-Had a match with STING and won, cleanly to boot.
-Won a MITB and is currently the longest reigning WWE champion off a MITB cash in.
- First person in history to hold the WWE and US title at the same time.

Its an impressive resume, add that to the fact that he was part of arguably the best WWE three man stable of all time and yeah...is it too soon to say he's a future Hall of Famer?

I think it's time for a face turn now though, his Heel run is getting kind of stale and I'd like to see him win more matches cleanly. Him beating Ryback, then Kane, was a glimmer of hope that his character will be getting booked more strongly, at least I hope.

· Banned
1,973 Posts
Rollins has evolved more then any other wrestler on the roster over the past eighteen months. He's come into his own as a character and as a top heel of the company. He already gets cheered heavily. That face turn is imminent.

· Banned
2,235 Posts
-Won a MITB and is currently the longest reigning WWE champion off a MITB cash in.
I don't get impressed at booked accomplishments. I get impressed by how entertaining he is. He sucks on the mic but is good in the ring which I always knew...so I wasn't wrong about him.

Reactions: RetepAdam.

· This Post Is Rated R
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't get impressed at booked accomplishments. I get impressed by how entertaining he is. He sucks on the mic but is good in the ring which I always knew...so I wasn't wrong about him.

Its the fact WWE gave HIM those accomplishments that are impressive.

I mean really all he needs now is a good face run and a royal rumble win.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
I didn't think he'd make it, but I still maintain that he wouldn't have if Reigns had not flopped. Reigns wins the title at WM, Rollins fails the cash in. No way in hell he wins, because at that point, you have to get the title off Reigns within 3 months, and there's just no way they were doing that. None. At that point, he loses a title feud to Roman and he's no different than any other midcarder.

My observation that he's not a main event level talent has been proven tenfold, however.

· It me.
24,529 Posts
I always viewed Rollins as a future multiple-time world champion. Behind Reigns, I always felt that he was most likely to get over in a big way. He's such a natural babyface and a hell of a workhorse. It's only a matter of time until he emerged as a mega babyface. Shades of Jeff Hardy. Ambrose was the wildcard to me. I figured he'd get a title run or two but nothing like Rollins or Reigns.

I just didn't expect them to break up the Shield by pushing Rollins as a heel. Like most everyone else, I figured Ambrose would be the heel to Rollins's natural babyface.

· #HAIRBEAR #TEAMPALE
6,060 Posts
I thought Ambrose was going to be the clear cut star after the group eventually split. I thought Rollins would find himself in the mid card and be in the same tier as Ziggler. Reigns I wasn't really sure about. Rollins won me over eventually and is easily the best guy on the roster. Ambrose and Reigns I don't mind but Ambrose I get sick of. The lunatic stuff is too much and they try way too hard to beat home that he is a loose cannon. JFC we get it. Only thing left for them to do is have him beat the fuck out of himself while arguing with himself in the mirror

I will say I've watched essentially zero WWE since Mania ended so maybe things are diff now

· Premium Member
35,108 Posts
He was my favorite out of the three members of The Shield since they debuted and I have been a fan ever since. He is currently my favorite of the current roster. Didn't doubt his talents but some of the booking decisions they have made had me worried that they would end up wasting/ruining him as well as the flip flopping that his character has had in terms of attitude. But it is obvious they see something in him and he has proved to be very reliable, so I am not worried. I think they have him set on the right course at the moment and he will be booked strongly from now on.

His current title (and heel) turn seems to be near it's end now, Triple H and Steph very much openly said that he had practically done it all during this past RAW so I think that a face turn may be coming soon. His victories against Ryback, Cesaro and now Kane is probably setting that up more than his title match against Roman. I think he is losing the title at Survivor Series to Roman and that's probably the best for his character. It will allow him to evolve in a different direction. And besides he most definitely will get more runs with the title in the future. Looking forward to it.

· The Last Dragon
15,302 Posts
To be honest, Seth's case is one of the very few I was right about. From the moment I saw him in FCW I knew he's gonna be a major player in the E.

· Registered
993 Posts
He was always my fave in The Shield and when they split up I thought out of the 3 he'd have been the least successful but the achievements he's made in the past 18 months or so :banderas now with the inevitable face turn coming soon he's only going to be getting better imo :mark:

· Registered
314 Posts
Rollins is shit, he was the shittest one in the Shield (he was even a whiny female back then) and still is shit. Ambrose is the only good one from the Shield.

In the Shield:

Ambrose >>>>>>>>>>> Roman > Seth

After the Shield:

Ambrose >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Seth > Roman

· Banned
4,375 Posts
I didn't think he'd amount to much, I always thought when The Shield broke up Roman would be the center of attention and have the best accomplishments to his name at this point, but look at what Seth has accomplished...

Its an impressive resume, add that to the fact that he was part of arguably the best WWE three man stable of all time and yeah...is it too soon to say he's a future Hall of Famer?

I think it's time for a face turn now though, his Heel run is getting kind of stale and I'd like to see him win more matches cleanly. Him beating Ryback, then Kane, was a glimmer of hope that his character will be getting booked more strongly, at least I hope.
When The Shield broke, I always expected both Rollins and Reigns to do the most and Ambrose to get lost among the other freaks in the modern roster. I hope Ambrose can recover though.

IMO Rollins has faded badly as a heel, first he had a whole crew, now it's just him on his own. He has lost like 789 times on TV and spent most of hirun on his back with Cena pinning him. Now, I guarantee you it will be a face HHH v Rollins if that ever happens.

· Registered
259 Posts
I was wrong about him. I thought he was the weakest of the weak link in the SHIELD. Alone he shines. It did not hurt that he has gotten rid of the cartoon hair dye job, but he is for the most part a very good heal.

· Premium Member
35,108 Posts
IMO Rollins has faded badly as a heel, first he had a whole crew, now it's just him on his own.
That has been part of his development as a character, proving that he can hold on his own and doesn't needs J&J security and such to "protect" him. They have been little by little dropping the members of the crew, the final one being Corporate Kane, so that now we are left with a strong and confident Seth that doesn't runs away and can stand his ground.

· Registered
259 Posts
It's a fake sport. None of those "achievements" actually mean anything. They could have given them all to Zack Ryder. Rollins is mid-card talent wise. Fake accolades don't change that.
It is not the "sport" and the accolades that people are speaking about. It is the acting and charisma and he seems to have much more charisma than either Ambrose or Reigns though at times his acting is a little too over the top for me. I think they need to tone him back a little as over exposure is killing my interest in him.

· Registered
636 Posts
I think most of us were wrong on how The Shield would split. Most people seen a top babyface in Rollins and a top heel in Ambrose. I think it's credit to Ambrose and Rollins that they've managed to get over as the opposite, and we all know that when both eventually turn they'll become even better. Thing with Reigns is that he's somewhat failed as a face, I think he needs that heel gimmick that Rollins has the now, to build up to a big face turn where the crowd would eventually get behind him.

I knew Rollins would be great and a main event player, and despite looking like losing the title at SvS, he's going to grow even more as a babyface when HHH turns on him. have a feeling it's going to be at the Rumble setting up the Mania match.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.