Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Personally I thought it was funny, but he makes a great point. A lot of the people who do bitch and complain act as though they know they way the business is run but really don't know how the business is really run (and I by no means do). I mean lets look at it this way if about 60%-70% of this board had it their way your champions would be...

WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Daniel Bryan
Intercontinental Champion: Dolph Ziggler
Divas Champion: Paige
Tag Team Champions: Tyson Kidd and Cesaro
United States Champion: It really doesn't seem to matter much

Now I'm sure a lot of you are going to tell me I'm wrong or call this a troll post or whatever but looking back on numerous posts I see this to be true. I mean I love Bryan, he's my favorite wrestler, and I would love nothing more than to see him win the world title again. But I have no problem seeing him competing for the IC title at all. As long as he's not with that waste of space they call Sheamus I'm happy.

The point is that what Triple H said rings to be very true. I know he's hated the IWC for a long while now, but love when he calls them out on their BS.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
I enjoy how HHH takes shots because the dude's being honest. He's not giving a corporate line or acting all offended that fans don't like him or agree with him. A complete professional guy.

However, I do have a counterargument for that whole theory that guys like HHH have about fans like us. Yes, I'll admit that more times than often that we hardcore fans act like we know more than we really do. But, at least we give a damn. WWE's target audience is more concerned about seeing themselves on camera. At least we know what we want. And while that may not make us "good" fans in WWE's eyes, we could care less because we know what we want and make it known.

So what I'm saying is that it's not exactly that we know more about wrestling than he does, but we do know what we want better than HHH because nobody in "the business" including the almighty Vince McMahon can read our fucking minds. It seems that these wrestling folk get their feelings hurt when we don't buy what they're selling and tell them how much it sucks. Their ego probably takes a hit when it comes to hardcore fans telling them off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I enjoy how HHH takes shots because the dude's being honest. He's not giving a corporate line or acting all offended that fans don't like him or agree with him. A complete professional guy.

However, I do have a counterargument for that whole theory that guys like HHH have about fans like us. Yes, I'll admit that more times than often that we hardcore fans act like we know more than we really do. But, at least we give a damn. WWE's target audience are more concerned about seeing themselves on camera. At least we know what we want. And while that may not make us "good" fans in WWE's eyes, we could care less because we know what we want and make it known.

So what I'm saying is that it's not exactly that we know more about wrestling than he does, but we do know what we want better than HHH because nobody else in "the business" can read our fucking minds. It seems that these wrestling folk get their feelings hurt when we don't buy what they're selling and tell them how much it sucks.
I agree, it is important about giving a damn. I we all know that we give a damn. I guess I just get tired of the whole "I could book a better show than any of these guys could" type attitude. All of a sudden everyone thinks they become as good as Paul Heyman is at booking (the guy who would book an entire show on the back of a napkin) the man is a genius. I mean there is nothing wrong with saying what you want. That's what it's all about.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what did hhh say?
He was in the ring talking to Booker T just ranting on and basically just talked about all the "liitle kids"(how he put it) that sit behind a keyboard on the internet who think they know more about this business than he does.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I mean lets look at it this way if about 60%-70% of this board had it their way your champions would be...

WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Daniel Bryan
Intercontinental Champion: Dolph Ziggler
Divas Champion: Paige
Tag Team Champions: Tyson Kidd and Cesaro
United States Champion: It really doesn't seem to matter much
And the WWE would be better for it :wink2:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Mans a genius
Look at all the smarks crying over the last year.. Oh Bryan is being held down, he's not the guy, corporate doesn't want to see him succeed.
Then look at the kayfabe storyline and realise it's exactly the fucking same. They got you invested But in a roundabout way.
HHH > us

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
He's been taking these shots at the IWC for so long now, the comedy aspect of it has worn off.

·
WWE plant
4,058 Posts
I didn't. I don't mind him taking shots at all, but do it at least somewhat creatively because his word-wizardry last night was below grade school level.

"These kids on the internet who think they know everything about this business but actually know very little about this business"

Yeah.. wow.. great shot

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
People who are complaining that Daniel Bryan isn't World Champion are not smarks, the smarks are the ones Opposing Daniel Bryan and those people are in the minority. the same minority that likes Roman Reigns and CM Punk and uses arguments such as "Daniel Bryan already had his moment" as if they never watched wrestling prior to 2005.

The people cheering for Bryan and booing Reigns is the Mainstream Audience.

:eek:ut Out of here with the attempt to paint out Daniel Bryan as a smark favorite when he's a casual/mainstream favorite and the smarks are the ones who dislike Bryan.

I'm apart of the mainstream audience and am not a smark, yet I'm a Daniel Bryan and Rock fan, I've never liked smark favorites such as Roman Reigns and CM Punk as they lacked talent, it's as if the smarks like people who are boring.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
Regardless of if he said it in kayfabe or not, the guy was dead on.
Wow ... it really is still real to you, isn't it?

HHH is in favour of what the IWC wants and knows and appreciates their knowledge in a big way hence why his pet project (NXT) is specifically geared towards the IWC and smarks - and it's working.

Some of you will fall for everything fpalm

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.