Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, nothing on the card interests me at all. Cena vs. Del Rio I won't watch unless some kind of stipulation is added because we've watched that match before, and the outcome is predictable. Show vs. Henry might have a good buildup, but it's definitely not a match I would pay to see. Other then that, Rhodes/Orton and Hunter/Punk vs. Miz/Truth might be good matchups, but again they don't particularly persuade me to watch an entire PPV just for them.

Anyone else thinking on skipping on Vengeance and just waiting it out until Survivor Series or what?

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Can't say it interests me yet. Hoping Air Boom/Swaggler happens because their match at HIAC was pretty good. The Punk/Trips vs Awesome Truth match should be entertaining but I'm not really sure where they plan to go with it. Meh at Del Rio/Cena. First one was alright but nothing special.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
Me, most likely.

ADR/Cena is gonna suck balls like their other match
Awesome Truth are going to job to HHH and Punk
Henry/Show might be alright, but meh

It all depends on the undercard

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
If Rhodes/Orton happens, I'd be pretty happy.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
Yeah that could be pretty good if it gets a decent amount of time

Also interested in how the rest of the Corporate stable will be a factor at this PPV

·
Dragon Slayer
6,625 Posts
The headline matches look pretty good. I'm interested to see what a returning Big Show can do, battle of the giants seems alright. And then the tag match looks awesome. Punk and Trips teaming up now and going against arguably the hottest tag team in years should be awesome. And you know WWE will continue the story btw Johnny Ace and Trips somehow. Plus we're also maybe looking at a Orton/Cody PPV match which should be great.

As far as the WWE title match...yea, thats not interesting in the least. Cena shouldn't win AGAIN after losing it just 4 weeks earlier, after winning it 2 weeks prior to that. Its too much. but Del Rio isn't booked NEARLY credible enough to beat Cena. So WWE is in a corner there.

WWE title match aside though the card, if filled out properly, has potential.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,789 Posts
On one hand, I agree. That could easily steal the show. However, they've given that match to us numerous times on free TV, so it's not something I'm dying to see. Still would like to see them given 20-25 minutes on PPV, though.

Actually, if they had a card of Trips/Punk vs. Awesome Truth, Orton vs. Rhodes, Cena vs. ADR, Show vs. Henry, some divas match and Swagger & Ziggler vs. Air Boom as the opener, and gave every match 20-25 minutes save the divas and Show/Henry, I'd probably be pretty excited for that card. Would have a lot of potential. Have to say, though, I am normally a traditionalist when it comes to the world championship(s) but in this instance, it seems like the match of Awesome Truth vs. CM Punk and Triple H should headline. It's the match with the most heat behind it, though Orton/Rhodes and Show/Henry aren't anything to necessarily sneeze at.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Big Show needs to win the world title. I want one last run with him as the world heavyweight champion before he is going to retire.

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts
Well lets see...

The WWE Title scene is Cena Vs. The Bad Guy again....no thank you.

We got Henry Vs. Big Show as the World Title match...yeah this match made me cringe in 1999, so, no thank you.

And what the hell? HHH & Punk are buddies now?!?! ME NO LIKE!

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Well if it's for free i'm certainly not missing it. The title matches don't interest me at all, but i'm quite excited about Miz/Truth vs HHH/Punk due to the possibility of a HHH heel turn
I don't see it. I think we all need to get the notion of HHH turning out of our heads tbh. It simply isn't going to work without a proper and meaningful build, not to mention somebody the fans will be willing to turn on a legend for. As has been demonstrated numerous times, Punk, at the moment anyways, isn't that guy.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts