Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since Vince found a goldmine with the Austin/McMahon feud which was arguably the greatest feud in Wrestling History, it seems that he tries to find another one in every fedu he has been involved ever since. Look at his feud with Shawn Michaels, it started in December 2005 instead of ending by WrestleMania like it should've had it jsut dragged on and on and by the time it was over Triple H and the Big Show were involved in it too with the first having brought back the Degenariotion X together with Michaels.

Now let's talk about his feud with Bobby Lashley, remember Lashley? Anyway, Vince should've had left TV after losing to Trump at WrestleMania 23 and getting his head shaved but nooo he had to continue feuding with Lashley and even won the ECW Title.

Austin/McMahon feud was the only great feud Vince has been part of, after the Attitude Era ended he should've had either left TV for good or jsut make a once in a while appearance to make some kind of announcement not getting involved in a storyline.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I personally think the McMahons, especially Vince, make for great TV so I'll have to disagree. With the right guys and the right storyline they are gold imo.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
The only times I didn't particularly enjoy the McMahons involved in feud were in 2003 and then 2006. 2003 was when they were involved majorly on both RAW and SmackDown for most of that year. Whether it was feuding with one another (like Vince/Stephanie) or others. It just became overkill. In 2006, I wasn't a fan of the Shawn Michaels/God angle. It was terribly done and possibly offensive to Christians.

Aside from them, I have enjoyed the family in feuds and storylines. Vince is one of if not the greatest heel in WWE history. Stephanie was awesome as the Billion Dollar Princess.

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
I love it when Vince gets involved in storylines. I'd mark out if he came back. I actually liked the Lashley feud. "I'm gonna shave your head BALD." Great TV.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I completely disagree. I love it when Vince gets involved in a feud. He's one of the best heels in the history of the business.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
I personally think the McMahons, especially Vince, make for great TV so I'll have to disagree. With the right guys and the right storyline they are gold imo.
This. I was heavily into the storyline with the Undertaker and Stephanie back in 2003 with the BA match to end it.

·
Cult of Personality
245 Posts
This definitely. Vince in a fued can be a goldmine, but just as long as its the right guys. He's a hell of a performer and his character clashed perfectly with Austin's but without a great foe his fueds aren't nearly as spectacular. Lashley wasn't nearly as talented, or as strong a foil to Vince as Austin was, so the fued wasn't close to the level
Austin-McMahon was.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
There have been misfires aplenty with the McMahons. A McMahon in Every Corner at Wrestlemania XVI was overkill. Shane and Steph being the spokespeople for the InVasion was shortsighted. The Lashley feud, abysmal, enough said. Vince being blown away? Who knows, but I doubt it could have ever led to anything decent. McMahon's son? Well, that was screwed up for different reasons, but I could have lived without it at all. Shane McMahon being kryptonite for Randy Orton? Horrendous.

But, the good still outweighs the bad for the most part. There have been stretches of time where it felt like the McMahons were overtaking their own product, but invariably those time periods pass and we get back into the normal swing of things.

Reactions: Cowabunga

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I enjoy the McMahon feuds, but they've happened too many times now, I doubt there will be another superstar who feuds with a heel McMahon

·
Registered
206 Posts
mcmahon's feud with HBK was the best. that elbow drop at WM22 and that hell in a cell with DX.. oh my!!!
mcmahon vs austin and mcmahon vs rock was great. and mcmahon vs orton (that one night he got punted, disregard the rest)

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
It's hit and miss for me. I'm OK with Vince or Shane feuding against a real wrestler, but I don't care about Stephanie or Linda and I DEFINITELY don't care when McMahons feud against eacher other (for example, in 2003, I liked Shane/Kane from 03 but not Vince/Steph). Vince's feuds are sometimes good (Austin, Hogan, Michaels) and sometimes bad (Lashley, Gowen, any other McMahon). The trick is putting him up against a legitimate superstar who can carry the weight and stand up to the boss.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
"Either way Bret, you're screwed"

Nah i Love when Vince is activ in the Storylines. Some are better then others, and nothing will top Austin vs McMahon, cause of many Reasons. You expected froM Vince to be that Cheesy dude who praises everybody even when they mock him, i mean they mocked him bassicly until the Screwjob, then all of a sudden this Cheesy Dude becomes Power Hungry and totally dellusional and tries to stop the msot Popular Guy on the Roster. Vince was a rich good dressed Guy with an Ego as big as God and Austinw as the Guy who got to give his Boss the Finger and do what he wanted, a dream for the working Man. I really don't care for Shane on the Mic and for Linda not at all, but Stephanie and VKM are great. I still remember how he got punted in the Head "You do not want to do that Sir". If there should be such a Feud again it should be with Orton, reopening it again, the Rebell vs VKM.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I did. By the time the Invasion angle started, I was sick of them. By 2003, I actually couldn't watch Smackdown because they were all over the show. In 2005 when they did the Linda heel turn & all that crap with JR, I thought "OK, seriously, this needs to stop". And by the time they were doing the Illegitimate son angle, I was thinking "Damn, are they still on TV?". And by 2009 when Randy Orton was taking them all out left & right, I couldn't help but think of him as the babyface in the whole angle.

To me, once Bret Hart beat McMahon at Mania, that's it. The reason for the character's creation had been undone & there is really nothing left for any of the McMahons to do that would be interesting. So I say leave them off TV.

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
Even in the most absurd and dragging feuds Vince McMahon is a constant source of entertainment. Will never get sick of him.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I certainly don't. The McMahons usually provide great entertainment and I enjoy their characters. Some of their feuds are bit tacky but for the most part I enjoy them. Shane McMahon in particular I enjoy the most he's fun to watch and whenever he's on TV its like I have to watch.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,617 Posts
I disagree with the OP, Vince McMahon is a great heel and very entertaining, and makes for good TV and fueds. The only problem is, is that Vince usually fueds with maineventers, when in reality I think he sould fued with up and coming wrestlers as well who need the extra push. I think if McMahon came back and fueded with the likes of Daniel Bryan or John Morrison, it would really put them over big time.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Even in the most absurd and dragging feuds Vince McMahon is a constant source of entertainment. Will never get sick of him.
:agree: He makes most anything watchable for me because he's just a fucking legend lol. Come on, who the hell even thinks up feuding with God and actually going through with it? :lmao :lmao

·
WindUp
163 Posts
i wish Stephanie would come back

1 - 20 of 26 Posts