Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
You've literally deflated your own argument by saying everyone is entitled to their opinions.

You think bland midgets videogame wrestling is entertaining? Okay cool, that's your opinion. I disagree.
I love indy wrestling, and I'm a fan of NXT but ... I have to say, the extreme level that some of these matches go to now, being 100% choreographed to the point that they look like they're dacing, and you can clearly see that they're not even TRYING to hit each other - they're just ducking and jumping and flipping and flopping ...

It's just tiresome.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but a recent example of being done with the videogame/dancing/zero selling style for me is DIY V Moustache Mountain from Worlds Collide. That was mostly just painful to watch. Sure, they got there in the end and had a good match, but OMG, the fuckery.

... whereas, (for example) Sheamus/Gable was 90% clubbing and kicking each other as hard as they could, and was hugely entertaining.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
You've been hating on RIDDLE and NXT real hard but here's the reality it has way better talent than the main roster, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Lmao somebody thinks NXT is the C show when they can get better storylines and matches then Raw & Smackdown. You think people want to see Charlotte Flair in a Wrestlemania title match or Roman Reigns?? You don't know talent if that shit hit you in the head 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Charlotte Flair and Roman Reigns were both in NXT...

·
Registered
335 Posts
He talked shit about the most over rated and horrible wrestler of the last 25 years. Get over it. He was right. Goldberg sucks

·
Registered
444 Posts
I did, but not cuz he has beef with them,it's cuz he's beyond annoying,bland,untalented geek

btw I know about goldberg,but what happened between him and lesnar,how did he pissed him off?

First off stoner stopped being an acceptable personality trait 20 years ago, you aren't cool because you smoke weed every fucking body smokes weed. Second off stoners are supposed to be jolly and affable, not narcissistic and antagonistic, third off he's just a shitty sport's entertainer: his look is dumb, his character is dumb and he's a bad promo, this wouldn't be such a big deal if he wasn't massively fellating himself and constantly going after people way outside of his league.

You go after Goldberg and Brock when you're a main roster main eventer, not when you're a C show lower midcarder. You don't hear Dakota Kai talk about ending Charlotte's career do you? No, because that would be stupid and embarrassing. Riddle is stupid and embarrassing.
I couldn't have said it better myself

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Don't like the guy but can't deny his talent. He has a long way to go, and he will be great in the future.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Burial? It's a burial to appear in front of 40,000 in rumble, get offense in and be eliminated with back turned now. A guy like Ali didn't even get an opportunity to be buried...

Disrespectful towards Brock and Goldberg? Dude is angling for a match and attempting to build heat.

I don't get hate towards Riddle either I must say. His weed use will put a ceiling on any potential push but his offense looks great, his promo past Saturday night was great.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,080 Posts
First off stoner stopped being an acceptable personality trait 20 years ago, you aren't cool because you smoke weed every fucking body smokes weed. Second off stoners are supposed to be jolly and affable, not narcissistic and antagonistic, third off he's just a shitty sport's entertainer: his look is dumb, his character is dumb and he's a bad promo, this wouldn't be such a big deal if he wasn't massively fellating himself and constantly going after people way outside of his league.

You go after Goldberg and Brock when you're a main roster main eventer, not when you're a C show lower midcarder. You don't hear Dakota Kai talk about ending Charlotte's career do you? No, because that would be stupid and embarrassing. Riddle is stupid and embarrassing.

I love you

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,645 Posts
Riddle should do the big shows and draw some money, before he talks about other people`s workrate who did 10times more for WWE than him. He did the comments just for cheap attention.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,106 Posts
He did basically nothing and got tossed out by Corbin for heat. I'd rather he not be in there at that point.

If you want to let a couple twitter spats get in the way of how he's extremely charismatic and one of the best wrestlers in the entire company, suit yourself I suppose. Dude should have been NXT champ some time back and credit to him for at least trying to get himself into a better spot instead of simply sitting back and twiddling his thumbs.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I liked it just because it was so unexpected. Thought he would be in there for a good while, I laughed when he got tossed.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
If WWE were genuinely pissed at him, they didn't need to put him in the Rumble. They could have sent in Zack Ryder to get tossed in a few seconds, right? There's more to this "story" than people assume. And yes, I do believe he is a cocky, loudmouth who isn't afraid to step on toes, but I don't think it "buries" him to have him go out in front of a stadium, look amazing walking out, get a huge reaction, have guys sell for his kicks before he takes a quick dump outside like literally 50% of the match did.

If you want to see someone with heat in a Royal Rumble, go and watch Daniel Puder from 2005. No one did shit to Riddle and he was dumped from behind. And he was the guy who got his shit in, not vice versa. WALTER wasn't chopping him in the corner and Brock didn't change things to have Riddle be #2 and get bitched out in seconds.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I'm also glad Riddle didn't last long, i just think his whole gimmick is just stupid. I don't think it was a burial though, they could have just left him out of the match.

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
I personally liked it a lot because he disrespect Goldberg and Brock. It was very satisfying to see him get thrown out and now Corbin is growing on me. I have been a long time Corbin hater but he won me over tonight a little when he threw Riddle out. Thank you King Corbin.
It wasn't a burial. If that was a burial - getting a huge pop, getting your shit in, and then getting thrown out, then all 13 people prior to Lesnar's elimination are beyond buried and should no longer wrestle because they were all treated 10x worse.

We disagree on Riddle, but I thought it was a good elimination. Top heel Corbin eliminated a fan favorite and got heat. I thought the elimination helped both men, considering Riddle was never going to win.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts