Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Triple H is probably the biggest star after Cena in WWE that can put him over. However he doesn't really get a mixed reaction like Cena does.

So who else could WWE of bought back to put CM Punk over?

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Honestly, no. HHH is the cream de la creme of the WWE and win over him, or multiple times ala Batista, will put you on a high pedestal. Austin would be 2nd but again he doesn't have the power he once had to put him any more over than HHH can. Hell, I think Taker can do it better than Austin and I don't want to see another Taker/Punk feud anytime soon.

·
Registered
104 Posts
He has beaten Cena already. It will not matter who he beats other then current superstars such as Triple H or Orton because the current audience will not realise how much of a big deal it is. Its CM Punk himself who will get himself over otherwise.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Nobody can....no offense punk marks, i like the guy and i thik he is a decent wrestler, but not even Cena could put him over....

Hell, that awesome promo shot he did should be enought for anyone to be a superstar by now.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Nobody can....no offense punk marks, i like the guy and i thik he is a decent wrestler, but not even Cena could put him over....

Hell, that awesome promo shot he did should be enought for anyone to be a superstar by now.
I just don't think wrestling in general is what it used to be... He is huge in the IWC, but the general fans are just some blah anyway... Most are kids that just love Cena.

·
Ho!
17,481 Posts
Punk is already over, he's the number 2 guy in the company right now, so the only thing someone can do is cement him as the top guy...

... best choice would be Cena, for Punk another clean win over Cena would put him over the top... second would be Taker, as he's the biggest star in today's era next to Cena, and after he buried Punk a couple years ago, it would be great to see him be responsible for cementing Punk at the top... but in Taker's current condition, I doubt it would have a chance of happening.

... and now that we're done with fantasy, what's really going to happen is HHH is going to cement him as the number 1 guy alongside Cena, and then we'll see Punk rise up above Cena over the months following. At least that's how it should happen.

The thing with Austin, is while he's still over, this isn't the Austin of 1998... I mean it can be done if people still buy into Austin being the top guy, but he hasn't even wrestled in 9 years. Don't get me wrong, Punk beating Austin is still big, but I'm not sure it would be better than one of the three guys above letting Punk beat them clean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts