Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really seems like it's wide open now with Morgan coming out and saying he's being recruited by Flair. Any heel on the roster, or even a face who may turn(like Kaz did), are in the mix.

So... with absolutely nobody confirmed yet, who are your ideal members for Fortune?

No spoilers if they exist for who makes up the group, please.

My choices:

A.J. Styles
Matt Morgan
Robert Roode
James Storm
KEVIN NASH

Yes, Kevin Nash. The big man can work the mic, is an enemy of Hogan/Bischoff as per The Band's angle so he could side with Flair, and brings the experience. Wouldn't be expected to wrestle, almost ever, but is a legitimate, experienced heel who will help these guys evolve.

What would you guys do?

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
My ideal fortune;

Ric Flair
AJ Styles
Desmond Wolfe w/Chelsea
Frankie Kazarian (Yes i see something in Kaz)
& Beer Money

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,435 Posts
Flair
AJ
Morgan
Beer Money

It's looking more and more likely that it'll be Kaz in AJ's spot though and AJ will be a face by BFG time to faceoff with Flair.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Fortune: Ric Flair, Frankie Kazarian, Desmond Wolfe, Robert Roode and James Storm.

I chose Kazarian as I sense AJ will turn face so he won't be in Fortune.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Matt Mogan
Booker T
Beer Money

Oh yeah. I think they need an established heel legend who can still work (Flair doesn't count, and I'm hoping for an AJ Face turn)

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't mind him. He's actually a good talker as a heel. But I like Wolfe alot more and he's alot better suited for the role Kaz would play.
Well, I'm a huge Wolfe fan and used to think he would be the perfect hitman/assassin for this group, taking guys out at all times. However, I've lost hope with what TNA are doing with Desmond. At this rate, he's going to be on Xplosion soon losing to Tomko, not elevated to the top stable in the company. I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'll probably be flamed to hell for this, but...

I think Beer Money should break up and only Robert Roode shoud be in Fortune. They could do an angle where they fued for the last spot and Roode gets it. Something to do with him being the "money" of BM and Storm being an alcoholic or something. I like Storm a lot, but I can't see him walking around wearing suits all the time. He needs to be in AMW again. Needs to be.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts

I think Beer Money should break up and only Robert Roode shoud be in Fortune. They could do an angle where they fued for the last spot and Roode gets it. Something to do with him being the "money" of BM and Storm being an alcoholic or something. I like Storm a lot, but I can't see him walking around wearing suits all the time. He needs to be in AMW again. Needs to be.
See your point, Storm in a suit sounds wrong. I'd miss Beer Money of course but an AMW reunion (assuming Harris is more Wildcat than Walker) would be adequate compensation

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, seeing that they are the TNA version of the Horsemen

JJ Dillon/manager = Ric Flair

Ric Flair/Leader = AJ Styles

Tully Blanchard = Matt Morgan

Arn and Ole Anderson = Beer Money Inc.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I think in the end the leader of Fortune will be Jay Lethal with Kazarian and Beer Money. I just the whole Lethal thing as him earning Ric Flair's respect in the end and joining him.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

I actually thought that Roode would have been better suited for AJ's role, as "Flair's guy" instead of AJ putting AJ's TNA history aside. But then again I could only imagine the backlash of people saying that "Roode is being pushed down our throats"

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I think in the end the leader of Fortune will be Jay Lethal with Kazarian and Beer Money. I just the whole Lethal thing as him earning Ric Flair's respect in the end and joining him.
Do you think they would be face or stay heel? If Lethal earns Flair's respect, i think they almost have to be face as it would be stupid imo to turn Lethal heel. I think we'd see an entirely new face Fortune in that case which could feud with the guys who've been kicked out. Probably a stretch though. Something like Lethal, someone else, and maybe the MCMG (although they obviously arent Horseman-esque types)

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I have lost all interest in Fortune and it hasn't even gotten off the ground. This can be blamed squarely on Russo. Wolfe loses his match in less then 6 minutes, so he is out. BMI, Styles, Wolfe, and Kaz all came out of Slammiversary with loses. Kaz and Styles are fighting. This is all classic Russo and booking 101 in how NOT to get something over (if that is someone's goal).

Wolfe, Kaz, Flair, and Styles would have been a perfect group for me. No inner turmoil. No fighting. no bickering. Just a solid unit and well oiled machine. Wolfe would be Global Champion and hold the belt for about 9 months while Styles and Kaz would hold the tag straps for some time (3 months or so) and kinda do a 'Two Man Power Trip' gimmick.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts