Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
CM Punk. Not a huge Punk guy but I'd like to see him retire Brock and then just leave the belt in the ring and walk away.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,151 Posts
Black hasn’t been built up nearly enough to win the Rumble and then beat Lesnar at Mania. I like Black, but come on, this isn’t meant to be a fantasy booking thread is it?

I’ll base my answer on the real world WWE booking. I think it’s going to be KO. He’s being lined up to be the top face on Raw, is over with the audience, and that’s a match that hasn’t happened, yet.

The infatuation with Black by some on here is strange. Like, yeah, if you WANT Black to face Brock or Bray at WM then cool, everyone wants the best for their favourites. But I'm seeing people PREDICT Black vs. Lesnar or Wyatt, like where the fuck is that coming from?

Anyway, my picks from most likely to least likely are,

1. Kevin Owens
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Randy Orton

This will be reevaluated if Owens loses to Rollins. He needs to go over there.
For Wyatt, the story of darkness vs darkness wrote itself. He's undefeated and they could have made a huge star who would have easily gotten over. Black vs Bray should have been the program to works towards. The visual of Black showing no fear against The Fiend would have been glorious. Instead they decided to keep ruining his character. With Lesnar, there is no one else except for KO unless they want to do Orton again. He's still moreso protected than most on the roster. It's too late now though. Unless they literally started building him this week, which is not gonna happen. :fuck

I don't really see any Black fans denying that. Just kind of hoping and wishing.

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
Black is a guy who with a few matches showing off his Black Mass kick and a few key victories could be at that level. And if you notice with him, since they split him and Ricochet up, they haven't just thrown him out there and put him in positions to lose. He's only wrestled in certain situations and never lost.

So on one hand, you can see they want to do something with him and value him enough to not just throw him out there to go 50/50 with guys. But on the other hand, they really don't know what exactly to do with him until recently with this feud with Buddy. So they just stick him in that damn room to cut promo after promo.

Point is, he could get there eventually. But he's not challenging for a World Title at Mania.

It's either gonna be Cain vs. Brock III or Brock vs. KO with KO playing Seth's role from earlier this year.

·
Registered
902 Posts

For Wyatt, the story of darkness vs darkness wrote itself. He's undefeated and they could have made a huge star who would have easily gotten over. Black vs Bray should have been the program to works towards. The visual of Black showing no fear against The Fiend would have been glorious. Instead they decided to keep ruining his character. With Lesnar, there is no one else except for KO unless they want to do Orton again. He's still moreso protected than most on the roster. It's too late now though. Unless they literally started building him this week, which is not gonna happen. :fuck

I don't really see any Black fans denying that. Just kind of hoping and wishing.
This, I don't think it would happen but id love it and it would certainly be a damn good option

·
Premium Member
43,707 Posts
I was going to say Matt Riddle, but they've been having Riddle lose quite a bit on NXT, so I don't know about that anymore.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
The Fiend seems to make the most sense. With the way he's been booked the last few months he's getting built to the level where he has to face some of the part timer big names.

I hate the way that WWE books their part timers. I feel like it's generally understood that they're on a level above just about all of the full time guys. The Fiend is getting to the point where he's going to be able to hang with the part timers.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
so its wrong to have talent - to be a great in ring performer - a great promo - and tons of charisma -
I am indifferent to him as well.. I think he would come in the same category as the main roster flops before him like Finn Balor, Bayley etc.. Sure, the Adam Cole baby etc shit works in NXT but those get real old real fast on the main roster...And most people coming up from NXT all seem to be one trick ponys i.e. what you see in NXT is all they have to offer at the most and thats simply not enough!

·
Asuka
96,465 Posts
do you hear the pops he gets in nxt - hes this generations randy savage - but better - he and gargano are this generations flair and steamboat - with both being better than steamboat - gargano is probably even better than flair was - both should be booked to beat Brock at some point -
"He's better than Randy Savage"

I don't know how to bury your reply harder than you just did.

His wrestling consists of random spots done for no reason with no story and no selling. Charisma is subjective so there's no real point in arguing that, but the idea that he has a ton of charisma because a bunch of Indy marks in Full Sail cheer for him is ludicrous. EVERYONE gets over in Full Sail. It's a mark crowd for spots.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
its the booking - bayley should be a top draw - bigger than becky even - but the company messed up with him -only the best talent - like rollins and bryan - can beat bad booking - maybe cole can as well -
Sadly, they dont have anything else to offer than what was in NXT.....Plus Not very hard to get over in NXT.. Shit like Adam Cole baby, Finn Balor's entrance, bayley's etc dont really work in Raw or Smackdown which is already in the gutter because Vince doesnt know what to do with the existing previously promoted work rate fellas from NXT who are all one trick ponys rather than being able to portray a character, all of whom have serious flaws in terms of character development, selling, in ring psychology etc.. All they bring is athleticism, which the main roster already have with the existing bunch of spot monkeys who do the same bunch of spots every week.

·
Registered
444 Posts
kalisto or drew mcintyre, there's nobody else

101 - 120 of 129 Posts