Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Baby Yoda
29,161 Posts
I like the idea but Bryan is on SmackDown and Brock is on Raw, so it's unlikely.
Lol no, Punk is a legit all round GOAT contender. He's in the discussion with Jericho, HBK, Eddie etc.

The top 3 big match performers in the company by far, that title is between Lesnar, Punk and Cena.

Their match catalog is head and shoulders above everyone else's in WWE. You can say it's because they've had longer runs on top but whatever, their work IMO is at the very top as far as work in the WWE for the last decade is concerned.

I wouldn't call anyone from the WWE an in ring GOAT though while the likes of Okada and Tanahashi are still wrestling and light years ahead of everyone. Brock is someone who has the talent and ability, but he has no interest in being that.

There's also Omega who has also been killing it for years and producing classic after classic, he may not be a GOAT but his match catalog is ridiculous. You can't say with a straight face any of your favorites are the best after watching NJPW, unless you start grading on a curve. I know exposure to NJPW has made it harder for me to rate WWE matches too highly because they're so formulaic and lackluster compared to the top work outside the WWE. Sure it's subjective but the lack of restrictions, meaningful and impactful athleticism and psychology is on another level in NJPW.

IMO the best WWE match does not compare to a great NJPW match and a classic in NJPW is among some of the greatest matches ever, call it fan boyism/being a mark, that's just my take.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I know it won’t happen but I want it to be WALTER. The guy can work for a big man and I feel like they could have a really good match.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Tyson Fury
The Rock
Roman Reigns (please god no not again)
Randy Orton (doesn't appeal to me but WWE probably promised Orton a big match to get him to re-sign)

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
If not an outside star (Rock, Cena, etc,.), then probably Bray. Lesnar will drop the WWE title in SS or TLC, and win the RR, challenge Bray.

·
FOTC
10,354 Posts
The protocol for coming back or being a hot commodity is to work with Triple H:

- Brock (2012-2013)
- Sting (2015)
- Rousey (2018)
- Batista (2019)

CM Punk is working with Triple H whenever he decides to get back in the ring.

·
Registered
9,623 Posts

Seriously though, they can always still have Reigns win the Rumble and opt to go to Raw. I can't remember the last time a Rumble winner switched brands to face the other champion. Maybe Orton in 2009, who chose to face HHH who was on Smackdown.

If not Reigns, on the Raw side you've got Lashley, McIntyre, Joe, Owens and Styles. While most of them are heels, I think a program with Lesnar would turn them face.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,826 Posts
i honestly can see it being roman again. :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
I read somewhere that Brock's original opponent for Crown Jewel was Tyson Fury but then they brought Cain. I could see Lesnar vs. Fury at Mania, title on the line or not.

Orton is a great chance, and as someone said they have unfinished business, kayfabe wise. Aleister Black is a personal one for me, but they would need to build him up, and quick. Cain could have a rematch but please, don't do that pseudo-MMA crap again like in Crown Jewel.

61 - 80 of 129 Posts