Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was definite that Lesnar would be facing Reigns at Wrestlemania, but now that he has been drafted back to Raw who do you think he will face at Wrestlemania?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Just to put it out there.. Roman vs Brock 3 :vince (only if they don't run the redemption Roman vs Bray storyline)...... Either way I am guessing this years Royal Rumble winner Roman Reigns and his quest for redemption :vince$

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,333 Posts
He shouldn't go into WM as champion in my opinion. I want to see him drop it to Rey at Survivor Series even though that's most certainly not happening. Drew and Randy would be two great options to face Lesnar at WM. Rematch with Styles would be fantastic too.

·
it's a tarp!
4,676 Posts
If Brock goes in as champion then, blimey that's tough, I'd say Seth Rollins.
Not a match I'd want to see, but he's the natural default.

Otherwise Brock's in a featured match so..Tyson Fury.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Lol after last match with Lesnar I wouldn’t take Orton as a serious threat at all. He was made to look like a no named jobber in that match

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Lol after last match with Lesnar I wouldn’t take Orton as a serious threat at all. He was made to look like a no named jobber in that match
Bray Wyatt lost a match to Matt Hardy where he fell into a fucking lake and now he's the strongest character in the history of pro wrestling. Wrestling has no internal consistency. It does not take a lot to make Randy Orton a threat to Brock Lesnar, he has a huge title lineage in WWE, and Brock lost clean to Seth. All they have to do, really, is put Randy Orton over Seth clean on PPV before WrestleMania and they're set.

As for who faces Brock, I don't think Cain Velasquez can physically make it back, if he had knee surgery. He needed full, reconstructive knee surgery, and I'm not a surgeon, but Meltzer said that if he gets that surgery in November, there's 0% chance he makes it back by WrestleMania. He could get a smaller knee surgery and be back in time, but that doesn't make sense because he still needs another knee surgery.

I'm gonna take Cain out of the running just for practicality purposes. Who does Brock face at WrestleMania? Honestly, on the Raw roster, I don't know. Seth Rollins has been done to death. Doesn't mean they won't do it. Kevin Owens is the next top guy to Seth on Raw discounting Brock, that's unlikely. Styles, probably not at this stage of this career. Joe, no, Aleister, no, Ricochet, no, Rey, no. Orton, possibly. Drew Mcintyre I would think not, but.....maybe? Good luck getting him over in time for WrestleMania.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's either Roman Reigns again, or Braun Strowman, and they win the Royal Rumble and jump from SmackDown to Raw to face Brock Lesnar, and the other one faces The Fiend Bray Wyatt. That's what I'm gonna go with. Braun Strowman wins the Royal Rumble and switches to Raw. They can't do Seth again, that's dead. Just watch them do it.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
I'm not convinced Lesnar will still be champion at Mania, but if he is, Reigns is still a big option. I would love to see Orton beat Lesnar because that Summerslam match a few years back left such a bad taste in my mouth, but there are really not many credible options. Vince/Heyman would have to work really hard to get people to believe in the likes of Mcintyre, Black, Cesaro ect ect to challenge Brock.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hopefully non title but I would love Vs Black. If they want to build a proper, new destructive a** kicker then Black is perfect. He has a great look, entrance and incredible in ring style. Plus, Lesnar's best matches have been against smaller guys and lesnar losing via Black Mass would be a great WM moment, especially if they make out Lesnar is Ko'ed.

As for wwe title, hoping Rey Mysterio wins at Survivor Series, then we get Mysterio vs AJ Styles at Rumble and then winner vs Cena at WM 36 for potential #17. If no Cena, then it's hard as WWE are lacked top stars. Another good match could be Mysterio vs Styles II (with Styles winning title at Rumble & retaining inside Elimination Chamber) where you get classic WM stop of Career vs Title, and give Rey a proper retirement angle. Post match, could also mirror WMX7, where AJ turns face with him and Rey stopping PC attack. Not as big as the WMX7 but would give Rey a good retirement angle, a fitting AJ face turn and Vince burying OCs. Plus, 1 last run for AJ before his retirement the following year.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts