Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd want Triple h or Wade Barrett walking in as WWE Champ. How bout you guys.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
i think it be Wade barret really to end the whole Nexus angle really you know Cena is going to beat him for it too.

·
I heart ref bumps.
1,113 Posts
Want? Punk.
Think it will be? Barrett.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Barrett. Or Miz. :D

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Wade Barrett

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Wade Barrett

Only for John Cena to beat him and end the fued.

Only for The Miz to cash in on John Cena right after the match and win the title.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Wade Barrett

Only for John Cena to beat him and end the fued.

Only for The Miz to cash in on John Cena right after the match and win the title.
nah they will never end a wrestlemania on a downer
i'd say he cash it in before that

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Bryan Danielson

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Barrett? Come the fuck on people. He's had 1 good match and it was with John Cena. You seriously want this guy carrying the title into Wrestlemania? He may have proven himself worthy of main eventing Raw and winning the title but he's nowhere near ready to main event Mania never mind head in as the champ.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Barrett? Come the fuck on people. He's had 1 good match and it was with John Cena. You seriously want this guy carrying the title into Wrestlemania? He may have proven himself worthy of main eventing Raw and winning the title but he's nowhere near ready to main event Mania never mind head in as the champ.
This.

I like Barrett but I highly doubt his wrestling skills are Wrestlemania Main-Event worthy.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Ted DiBiase...lol. ;)

Seriously, i think it will be John Cena, Wade Barrett and Nexus will probably already be switching their focus on Taker by then.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
Why not? He couldn't do any worse than Orton did at WrestleMania 25 against Triple H in the worst match of the year. Barrett can certainly headline WM and has proven worthy of it.

Ideally, though, I'd choose CM Punk.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Why not? He couldn't do any worse than Orton did at WrestleMania 25 against Triple H in the worst match of the year. Barrett can certainly headline WM and has proven worthy of it.

Ideally, though, I'd choose CM Punk.
The worst match of the year? Why am I surprised. You have made hyperbole an art form. He's proven worthy of it? So I guess you would have him talk his way through his match instead of wrestle it then.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
It's not hyperbole at all. That match was fucking HORRIBLE. It was an atrocity. Not to mention, in true Randy Orton form, the crowd was dead silent.

Whether Barrett is that great in the ring doesn't matter. Worse than him have main evented WM. I guess knowing you though, you'd be thrilled if Sheamus main evented WM so we could get a match that's equally boring.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
It's not hyperbole at all. That match was fucking HORRIBLE. It was an atrocity. Not to mention, in true Randy Orton form, the crowd was dead silent.

Whether Barrett is that great in the ring doesn't matter. Worse than him have main evented WM. I guess knowing you though, you'd be thrilled if Sheamus main evented WM so we could get a match that's equally boring.
Knowing me lol? You thought I marked for Batista. Shows what you know. And it is hyperbole. The match didn't live up to the expectations of the feud but it certainly wasn't the worst match of the year.

And actually, any other time I'd usually side with you on guys not having the best ring skills being able to get away with it but not at Wrestlemania. It just doesn't fly there and it shouldn't. For the record, I don't think Seamus is quite there yet either although I think he would give a better match than Barrett would.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
Knowing me lol? You thought I marked for Batista. Shows what you know. And it is hyperbole. The match didn't live up to the expectations of the feud but it certainly wasn't the worst match of the year.
:rolleyes: I only said that because you seem to mark for anybody that's in Vince and Triple H's inner circle.

No, it isn't hyperbole. This is the definition of hyperbole:

Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

I don't give a damn if you agree with it or not, I am NOT exagerating. That match was fucking trash.

And actually, any other time I'd usually side with you on guys not having the best ring skills being able to get away with it but not at Wrestlemania. It just doesn't fly there and it shouldn't.
If Lawrence Taylor can main event WM I think Barrett can.

And anyway, most of the best matches happen outside of WrestleMania. You might get 1 great match the entire card and that's it, the others are forgettable. It's hardly different from any other PPV in terms of match quality.

What the main event of WM should be about is closing the biggest storyline in the business, and that's Nexus whether you like it or not.

For the record, I don't think Seamus is quite there yet either although I think he would give a better match than Barrett would.
Well, I don't, so we'll have to agree to disagree. Sheamus has done nothing of note in the ring, he's just a run of the mill guy for somebody of his size. He can execute his moves crisply but he doesn't know how to put a match together.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Just because someone thinks things should be a certain way, does'nt mean it's going to or should be.

If you think a certian guy is'nt gonnna get a huge push because his wrestling skills don't meet your stadards, you betta get that out of your head or expect to be real dissapointed.

WM for me is as much about the storyline as the match quality.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts