Wrestling Forum banner

Who do you WANT to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27?

• Wade Barrett

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Chris Jericho

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • John Cena

Votes: 42 41.2%
  • Sheamus

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 13 12.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not who you think will face him, who you would WANT to see go up against The Deadman at next year's WrestleMania

For me, it's a tie between Chris Jericho and Wade Barrett. Either one of them would be an awesome match IMO

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Out of the realistic options ... Cena.

It would be Austin, but he's not having a match any time soon that's for sure.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Sheamus vs Taker sounds like a fun match. Sheamus is a great worker when given the chance. This could be like Taker vs Batista if done right. Two superheavyweights trying to destroy each other.

As for Cena vs Taker, thats next year.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I'd be very interested to see the buildup to Barrett/Taker, especially if Nexus is over by then so that you have Barrett out on his own for the first time.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
This is a long shot, but if the creative had any idea how to build a star out of Ted DiBiase Jr., I would have to say he would be my pick for trying the Deadman's WM streak. After all it was his father, Ted Sr. who brought the Undertaker to the WWE. Brother Love soon took over, and then followed by Paul Bearer. Ted's got all the money in the world to spend on training, studying Taker's history/weaknesses, and if they want to make it entertaining maybe take a trip to some spooky places that they would air on television for the viewers to see just how far Teddy is willing to go, and end this streak.

They could really turn Teddy in to a star much greater than his dad, and he won't even have to win. All they would have to do is make his father more of the "heel" who is obsessed with destroying the Undertaker. At some point maybe even Ted Sr. threatens his son saying that he would take all his expenses away, and award it to his brother if he loses this match. At the end of the match Ted would lose, but then his father would just put him down while he was laid out cold forcing the Undertaker to chokeslam him. Then, Taker picks up Ted Jr to his feet, and raises his hand out of respect.

Then on RAW out comes The Undertaker to everyone's surprise. He talks about the match, and it being one of his best matches of his career(kayfabe), and that he would like to ask Ted Jr to come out to the ring like a man, and shake his hand. Suddenly, the old man comes out instead of his son, he is accompanied by his other son Bret. Ted Sr tells Taker that his son won't be coming out to shake anyone's hand. Ted says that he wants Taker to sign a contract tonight to fight his other son Bret at next years WM.

Taker just laughs, and tells the old man that his request is denied. We hear the music of Teddy Jr, and out he comes without Maryse. He looks at his dad, and his brother, says nothing, then walks away. Teddy stands on the apron hesitant as his father tells him that he is making a mistake going in to that ring to shake his hand. Ted Sr gets on the mic, and says that you never shake hands with the Devil's son. Crowd starts chanting Teddy's name over, and over. Finally he gets in the ring, and before he shakes Taker's hand he holds the mic up. Teddy tells Taker that there is no other man in the world that he would have rather fought at WM 27 than him, and he says that Taker made him more of a man that night than his father ever could.

Ted Sr interrupts, and tells his son that he figured he would kiss up to the Undertaker. So, since he saw this coming a mile away he hired a few men to kick some sense in to the both of these two fools. Out comes Jackson Andrews, and Ezekiel Jackson. Teddy Jr grabs a chair, and quickly runs back in to the ring with Taker. Bret, Jackson, and Big Zeke slowly walk to the ring to make their move. They surround the ring in typical fashion. Ted Jr is banging the chair of the ropes calling for them to come in. Taker turns, and at that very moment is cracked right across the skull by Teddy Jr. Jackson, and Big Zeke just walk away while Ted Sr holds to very large sums of money in his hand for doing their part as they walk in to the backstage area with money, and all. Ted Jr just stands sadistically over Taker as he lays unconscious.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It has to be jericho. Based on what everyone is saying about WM27, it seems like regardless of the matchups, people won't be paying to see it or be as excited for it. So they need that one main match that'll have people wanting to see this ppv. Jericho-Taker could do just that.

And we won't need taker that much to carry on the promos since Jericho can do the promo work

·
Registered
885 Posts
This is a long shot, but if the creative had any idea how to build a star out of Ted DiBiase Jr., I would have to say he would be my pick for trying the Deadman's WM streak. After all it was his father, Ted Sr. who brought the Undertaker to the WWE. Brother Love soon took over, and then followed by Paul Bearer. Ted's got all the money in the world to spend on training, studying Taker's history/weaknesses, and if they want to make it entertaining maybe take a trip to some spooky places that they would air on television for the viewers to see just how far Teddy is willing to go, and end this streak.

They could really turn Teddy in to a star much greater than his dad, and he won't even have to win. All they would have to do is make his father more of the "heel" who is obsessed with destroying the Undertaker. At some point maybe even Ted Sr. threatens his son saying that he would take all his expenses away, and award it to his brother if he loses this match. At the end of the match Ted would lose, but then his father would just put him down while he was laid out cold forcing the Undertaker to chokeslam him. Then, Taker picks up Ted Jr to his feet, and raises his hand out of respect. Taker would then follow that up on RAW, by saying he has the most respect for any man who would throw away millions just to end his streak. What do you all think?
Your right... long shot.. Ted DiBiase can't get over an anthill let alone a WM push

·
Registered
984 Posts
Kane

Once and Final for all. Then have Kane retire. Perfect send off. Then Have Taker vs Cena at WM28, Taker either winning and having best streak ever into retirment, or have him lose to Cena ultimately passing the torch of todays times.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I want it to be a returning Triple H. If the raw gm turns out to be ol trips it could lead to a raw appearance from Undertaker demanding to know why Nexus helped Kane and Trips revealing that it was his plan all along. Some back and forth wrangling could lead to Trips revealing it to be revenge against Taker retiring Shawn Michaels.

I just think the booking is in place for it already.

·
14,500 Posts
John Cena.

I wanted it saved for 28 until I got tickets. So fuck it, I'ma be a selfish c*nt and hope it happens. 99% sure it won't though.

It'd be cool for Sheamus to face him. Imagine that. He has wrestled in two WrestleManias and his opponents were HHH and Undertaker.

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
If McMahon can find the loop-hole in the contract:

Brock Lesnar (complete with "Enter Sandman" entrance) vs. Undertaker

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
This is a difficult choice. I want to see Cena/Taker, but I agree with everyone who thinks that this will be saved for 28. Besides, as much as the Nexus/Cena feud has basically defined this past year, it seems almost inevitable that it will be resolved once and for all at WrestleMania 27.

Jericho/Taker would be awesome no doubt. The only problem with that is that Jericho wouldn't stand a chance in hell (kayfabe) seeing as how he has pretty much lost every big match he's been in recently. People are used to seeing him lose all the time, so there would be no anticipation whatsoever. Unless they bring Jericho back soon and book him really strong for the next few months to make him seem a viable threat again.

And with Sheamus I honestly look for a rematch with HHH at this year's 'Mania. Unless HHH comes back at TLC, then they could hvae that match at the Rumble. Sheamus would be a good choice actually, and with the year he's had he could actually pose a legitimate threat to Taker's record. Hmmmm....

I guess Sheamus would be my choice. That could be a really cool match-up.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts