Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
back in 2009 no one had anything to say against the independent scene, all the comparisons were WWE vs TNA

we reach 2010, as soon as we see the debut of the soon-to-be wreckage called NXT, announcer michael cole starts bashing on Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan), criticizing everything, from looks to even his background, claiming that the independent scene were the "minor leagues" and that they were "highschool gym"

as soon as that happens, and as soon as danielson is released (then brought back) nearly everyone is bashing on the indy scene

"he'll never be a draw because he looks like an indy worker"

"he has no persnality"

"has the talent but if he doesn't look good then he should be fired"

"indy marks are stupid"

and many more

its funny really, many claim to hate WWE and the PG and to hate Cole, however, no matter how much you deny it, in the end was that bashing that got into your subconsious and made you bash on the indies, the mayority don't even care about wrestling anymore, all you talk about is mic skills and if "he looks good or bad"

wasn't this wrestling? or it's actually american idol

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I think what happened was that people started seriously looking at guys in the indies and trying to see how they would fit into WWE/TNA programming, the fact that they (or we since I shouldn't exclude myself in this) struggle to see it may be as much of a failure of the imagination as an acknowledgement of certain guy's unsuitability to Sports Entertainment. CM Punk stands as a shining example of someone who, some obviously flawed booking decisions aside, has made the transition extrememely well.

Adding to the percieve difficulty of indy stars making the transition is the failure of the one guy 95% of people thought could do it, Colt Cabana/Scotty Goldman. That's understandable, he comes across as the perfect Sports Entertainer and yet he was unable to make a real impact, if he can't do it how can we expect the likes of Bryan Danielson, Tyler Black and Low Ki to get there.

One area of the OP I have to take issue with is the assertion that we only care about mic skills and 'the look'. I can't speak for everyone else but when I make comments like that I do so strictly as a long-term WWE viewer. The fact of the matter is that those things will, more often than not, give a wrestler a better chance of success than actual wrestling ability. Of course there are exceptions to this but that's kind of my point, there people stand out and are brought up because they are the exception, not the rule.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
back in 2009 no one had anything to say against the independent scene, all the comparisons were WWE vs TNA

we reach 2010, as soon as we see the debut of the soon-to-be wreckage called NXT, announcer michael cole starts bashing on Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan), criticizing everything, from looks to even his background, claiming that the independent scene were the "minor leagues" and that they were "highschool gym"

as soon as that happens, and as soon as danielson is released (then brought back) nearly everyone is bashing on the indy scene

"he'll never be a draw because he looks like an indy worker"

"he has no persnality"

"has the talent but if he doesn't look good then he should be fired"

"indy marks are stupid"

and many more

its funny really, many claim to hate WWE and the PG and to hate Cole, however, no matter how much you deny it, in the end was that bashing that got into your subconsious and made you bash on the indies, the mayority don't even care about wrestling anymore, all you talk about is mic skills and if "he looks good or bad"

wasn't this wrestling? or it's actually american idol

What is you're point here ?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Even though this rant is stupid I will try to explain

The reason no one talked about indies before it was brought up by Cole is because it had nothing to do with the WWE. The WWE/TNA comparisons were because they had more in common than say WWE/ROH. When Cole brought it up it NOW has something to do with WWE and as such people have something to say about as it relates to WWE

In other words WWE made it relevant to talk about when concerning mainstream wrestling and the people who talked about it before feel that the new guys are just "posers" like the nerds did when nerd style took off and suddenly everyone was a "nerd" (IT WAS FUCKING BULLSHIT).

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,970 Posts
Who the fuck cares what others think, if it benefits the indy scene more then that is a positive in my book, especially the promoters.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh man i didn't think i would have so much response, and i was just rambling Lol (i should have thought better how to phrase my rant)

sorry i generalized, i was just ranting on how all of a sudden plenty of posters are in the "its cool to bash the indies" of course not everyone do that, but i just felt like voicing my opinion about it (wich well, wasn't too well voiced)

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
One of the worst Rants debut ever. Horrible rant

1 - 20 of 23 Posts