Wrestling Forum banner

Who do you think will be the next Ric Flair?

2590 Views 37 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  tgautier13
Of the current WWE guys, who do you think is going to wrestle on, 20 years past their prime, in terrible condition, and disgrace their legacy?
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
I would hope guys over enough to be wrestling at 40+ would have made and saved enough money that they wouldn't have to wrestle anymore.

If I had to guess, I'd say Khali. It's not like he's doing much athletic. He could still chop someone at 60.

· Registered
10,918 Posts
A LOT of wrestling fans always look for the next someone, an imitator. Never an originator.

And then we get pissed when WWE recycles storylines and gives us some bootleg rip off Stone Cold (Orton) or some random Welsh guy that's a wanna be Batista (Mason Ryan)

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
A LOT of wrestling fans always look for the next someone, an imitator. Never an originator.

And then we get pissed when WWE recycles storylines and gives us some bootleg rip off Stone Cold (Orton) or some random Welsh guy that's a wanna be Batista (Mason Ryan)
Thanks for the names, I don't think we could've pieced who you were talking about together.

Anyway, I doubt anybody else is going to last as long as Flair has.

· The Man
29,641 Posts
It's actually amazing that Flair can still go at his age, and he's not moving like Khali in the ring either. Most guys who have done everything he has would be dead by his age. Plus he's still one of the best mic workers in the business right now.

Anyway, I can't see anyone in the WWE lasting as long as he has. Hell I don't think there are many newer guys who are even as entertaining as he still is.

· Registered
1,810 Posts
It's actually amazing that Flair can still go at his age, and he's not moving like Khali in the ring either. Most guys who have done everything he has would be dead by his age. Plus he's still one of the best mic workers in the business right now.

Anyway, I can't see anyone in the WWE lasting as long as he has. Hell I don't think there are many newer guys who are even as entertaining as he still is.
Yeah,most people who suffer a plane crash die

· Registered
104 Posts
It may or may not shock some people but Ric Flair wasn't an originator. He copied the gimmick, look and The Figure Four Leglock finisher from 'Nature Boy' Buddy Rogers in the 1960s. Flair wasn't the only one doing the Nature Boy gimmick either as he competed in a WCW 'Battle of the Nature Boys' feud with Buddy Landel.

What is original about Ric Flair is his interpretation of it. Flair has masses of charisma and personality and that was what made him who he is.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.