Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
One Winged Angel
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And who will be the one to turn? If you're an avid viewer of NJPW, the obvious choice would be Best Friends splitting up when Chuck Taylor turns on Trent Beretta.

Another likely option could be Luchasaurus turning on Marko Stunt/Jungle Boy.

This of course could be many months down the line.

·
C Mac G
5,964 Posts
Rather than turns, I would prefer if wrestlers just can act as single performers as well. There is no reason for someone like Luchasarus to turn heel when he's so over, maybe that doesn't last and there's reason in the future, but I'm not projecting anything like that.

Were they building Chuck Taylor turning on Trent in NJPW? Didn't even know that was a thing haha.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Rather than turns, I would prefer if wrestlers just can act as single performers as well. There is no reason for someone like Luchasarus to turn heel when he's so over, maybe that doesn't last and there's reason in the future, but I'm not projecting anything like that.

Were they building Chuck Taylor turning on Trent in NJPW? Didn't even know that was a thing haha.
One of my main problems through the years with the tag division,why they can´t be single performers competing for singles titles without turning.

It happens but not a lot like why Matt and Jeff almost always turned on eachother everytime the company wants them to go for single feuds or titles.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
There doesn't have to be any break ups. Well except jungle boy and saurus turning on stunt. But really each tag team except for dark order should be loose alliances.have each others back but able to do their own thing. Except dark order and stunt

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
I agree with the sentiment tag wrestlers should just wrestle singles as well. I do think that well timed heel turns have a place, just not overdone. I mean if Trent is having singles success but the tag team is flailing then it would make sense for Chuck to get frustrated at his partner not focusing enough on their team sorta deal.

Also with seasons and reset records - come the reset teams could just decide it's not working out for them and go their separate ways as professionals, maybe finding new partners or one or both trying singles runs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts