Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
Re: who do you think will be orton´s opponent at mania 30?

The rumor going around is CM Punk, which if that's true, job well done if the goal is to make Punk's match look as irrelevant as possible.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts

I would hope for a title unification against John Cena or a singles match against The Rock who returns to help Bryan fight the Corporation. (HHH/Bryan being the other match)

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

There's no one left for him to face that I really want to see. I don't particularly want to see him wrestle Cena, Punk, Bryan, Triple H, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Big Show, Kane, Rob Van Dam, etc. again. I guess a match with Brock Lesnar would have potential, and I don't believe it's ever happened. I'm sure there are fans who'd like to see him face The Rock but I think The Rock needs to hang it up for good. Every time Rock will be on the card, it'll always be about him and I don't think the company should keep doing that every year. Putting Cena over didn't accomplish anything, really. Maybe it would've been fine if they only had one match, but headlining two Wrestlemanias in a row for the sole purpose of giving a huge win to a guy who has dominated the entire roster for years and years seemed like a waste to me. If he returns, I firmly believe that it will NOT be to put over a younger guy who could really use it. Whether it's his fault or not doesn't make the problem go away. The company needs to progress and move forward into the future, but that feud only gave them short term success.

I honestly wouldn't mind a "one more match" story line with Orton facing Christian for the last time at the biggest show of the year. Cody Rhodes is another guy who seems to have chemistry with Orton in the ring. I'd include Sheamus if they didn't give that match away on Raw a million times already.

There are a few other guys who I wouldn't mind seeing Orton face, but the company hasn't built them up to the point where a match with Orton at Wrestlemania 30 is likely to happen.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I would hope for a title unification against John Cena or a singles match against The Rock who returns to help Bryan fight the Corporation. (HHH/Bryan being the other match)

I'm a huge Orton fan, but keep dreaming.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts

CM Punk seems like the highest profile match possible for him, since he's only a lackey in the current storyline.

I think Ryback or Langston could work too though.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts

Probably like Ziggler or something.

:lmao

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts

How did the Punk rumours start? They just don't make sense.

I wanna see him against Cena in the main event, they are the biggest full time wrestlers we have and they deserve a main event match for the past 11 years.

The build up could be amazing.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

How about him and The Undertaker? Think about it there's nobody full time left besides him and Cena who poses a legit kayfabe threat to Undertaker's streak. And I highly doubt Cena will face The Undertaker so it should be Orton.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

daniel bryan

for the vacant wwe title

Reactions: Scottish-Suplex

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts

I heard Punk aswell and for the title, hope it's not true.

Seriously don't think that would the best idea.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

One of The Shield hopefully.
That would be awesome. I'd like to see a Orton Ambrose feud but that means one of them has to be face and they both excell much better as a heel well Im not sure about Ambrose because I haven't seen what he's capable of as a face. Maybe they can have Orton Vs Rollins? With Orton putting Rollins over.

·
Registered
850 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

Orton fought Punk only like, 2 years ago. I wouldn't mind Cena, because even though theyve had a WM match it was a triple threat plus they could have a good buildup over the WHC. Orton and Cena feuding for the WHC would help the title's prestige. However, he'll likely end up fighting Big Show. It just makes sense, because by the time WM rolls around, they will both be people involved in the main feud, but not the main players (unless Orton has the title still, which would be stupid).

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

I think he will be one of the current top full timers who will drop more in the card when part timers arrive. Cena will always be at the top, I think they will have something good prepared for Punk, pushing Daniel Bryan is the main reason why this Corporation storyline has been done... I dont know, it's too soon to tell, but I dont see where to fit Randy. And the same could be said about guys like Sheamus, Del Rio, RVD, Y2J, Henry... We know they are going to be at WM, but I dont know what direction they will take.

The WHC match should be a fatal-4 way or something like that involving many wrestlers, that could be Randy's spot.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts