Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who & Why?

Honestly, I'd have to say Christian. I don't think there's a more consistent performer in the WWE today than Captain Charisma. People say Randy Orton is on top of his game, what about the guy he's been wrestling for the past few months? Everything Orton does, Christian does better. Yet Orton gets the praise as the best worker? Christian made WWE think Ezekiel Jackson could be a main event player and a huge star!! I'm not comparing the 2 at all, but Ric Flair used to do the same thing with the guys he was paired with...all he did was tell them what to do for 30 minutes, and the company would see dollar signs in his opponent. That's exactly what happened to Ezekiel Jackson, and that's a testament to how good Christian is as a performer.

Christian is great on the mic. He's great in the ring. He knows how to get the crowd invested in his matches. He has great facials. As a babyface, you wanna see him succeed. As a heel, you wanna see him get his ass kicked. He hasn't had a bad match in years. I honestly, think it's impossible for Christian to have a bad match. He's consistent and that's the key. I might get flamed for this, but I don't care...
...Christian is better than CM Punk. I think he's better on the mic and he's way more consistent in the ring as well. Punk delivers, but not consistently. There are times, when things could be better but they're not. In the ring, Punk's very hit and miss. And a bit sloppy tbh

The only downside in Christian is his look. And tbh, he actually has a good look. He's smaller than your average headliner and he doesn't wear trunks. That in itself makes him look different. And there's nothing wrong with looking different. What you see is what you get with him, and he looks like a normal guy. So it's easy to relate to him

anywho, what about you? Who do you think is the best?

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Just quickly.

I would say Sheamus does. Punk is a great wrestler, great promo worker, and great entertainer but in terms of perfomring, Punk is slightly behind Sheamus. Everytime I watch a Sheamus match, including now with his face run, I'm always engaged somehow in his in ring skills.

·
Asuka
96,214 Posts
On what grounds? CM (Can't Miss) Punk is the best in all the important areas of the business. The important areas are the ones that aren't ring work. Mic skills, charisma, telling a story through your feud, etc.

Christian is the best when you take all the factors into account, ring work included in them.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Randy Orton and CM punk

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just quickly.

I would say Sheamus does. Punk is a great wrestler, great promo worker, and great entertainer but in terms of perfomring, Punk is slightly behind Sheamus. Everytime I watch a Sheamus match, including now with his face run, I'm always engaged somehow in his in ring skills.
Sheamus is one of the best they have. Another guy with great consistency. Always impressive.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I'm not sure I'd say that Christian is underpraised as a worker. He's widely known as a fantastic worker from those in the industry.

It's hard to pick one so I'd go with an unbiased top 3 (in no particular order): CM Punk, Bryan, and Christian.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
He's failed to impress me in the ring and on the mic in every segment he's ever had, speak for yourself.

Yeah, he's solid...that's the PROBLEM. He's NOT great.
That's your opinion, no problem. To me, whenever Sheamus performs his moves or just his sheer presence alone in a match, it engages me. Punk does as well but Sheamus does in a different way that makes it that much better. I think he's pretty great at what he does for me.

Sheamus is one of the best they have. Another guy with great consistency. Always impressive.
Sheamus and Barrett should be feuding over the World title over on Smackdown. That's a World title feud I have been waiting to see for quite sometime.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I think the 3 best guys in the WWE are Punk, Christian, and Bryan.

Punk is the guy you tune in to Raw to see what he's gonna do or say next. That kind of performer hasn't existed in a long time in the WWE. He also puts on a hell of a match.

Christian is a great all around performer. I think every match he's had with Orton has been awesome and I haven't been into Orton since WM 25. He has the ability to make the fans love him, feel sorry for him, and hate him all in one show. Great performer.

Bryan to me has raised the game of everyone he's worked with. From the Miz, to Ziggler, Dibiase, Rhodes, Sin Cara, Barrett. All these guys have had their best match in the of their careers against this guy. That hasn't happened in the WWE since Benoit. But even when Benoit was in the WWE, he wasn't working with as many stiffs as Bryan is today. He had a fucking 4 star match with the Miz! I don't think that's ever gonna happen again.

One thing that Bryan needs though is mic time. I think the guy can talk, I think the guy is charismatic. But the WWE won't let him bring that side out.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Whether you all want to admit it or not, the only thing stopping Jinder Mahal from being the answer to this question is a lack of airtime.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts