177 Posts
hulk hogan

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts

·
What's Causing All This?
48 Posts
He didn't do his best work in the WWE. He didn't get a chance to. But the greatest wrestler to appear in the WWE is Ric Flair, in a near toss up with Shawn Michaels. Austin relied too heavily on his gimmicks -- the "hell yeahs" and the swirling of quarter cans of beer, throwing them away and opening two more. But who am I to argue with his impact; he saved the WWE. I'm biased against Hogan because I think he and McMahon almost turned wrestling into a carton show for kiddies and Hogan's invincibility robbed title matches of the suspense that is an essential element of great matches.

I used to post in a forum full of Flair bashers and Hart worshippers because I couldn't get access to this one. I thought I was banned because, as a previous member, I created multiple identities. But I just had my hard drive replaced and the fault was with my computer. So now that I'm back, expect a few posts on Flair and Hart, the former of which I think is the greatest ever and the latter I find a bore, though a great wrestler.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I say Shawn Michaels because he had so many great matches, even dating back to the 80s and his days as 1 half of the Rockers. He also had such a lengthy WWE career.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels really gets my votes for the two best in the WWE. Reason being the World Wrestling Federation and the 1980s was all about Hulkamania. It's really that simple! Michaels really had some fantastic matches in the 90s (up until his injury in '98) with guys like Bret and Razor especially. Bret Hart is probably also up there as well.

I wanted to add Ric Flair to this list, but I feel he had a much better run with the NWA and WCW than the WWE.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
Pound for pound I'd go with The Rock. If he'd stayed with WWE and was still wrestling now I'd have no doubt most of this forum would be calling him the greatest of all time.

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
in my opinon it is jeff hardy currently and then of all time hulk hogan and the rock what do you think?
Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan... You're going to be very popular around here :agree:

Although to give you an actual answer, I'd say either Austin or Michaels. I'd throw Flair in there too, but as others have said his best work was outside of WWE, and his last couple of years really put a dampener on his career IMO.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts