Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think has had the greatest gimmick of all-time? I would by far say The Undertaker the deadman gimmick.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,560 Posts
Yeah, it's also due to him playing the role so well, both in and out of the ring.

Honorable mention goes to the "Stone Cold" gimmick, which not only saved Austin's career, and not only defined a the wrestling era of the late 90's, but, it saved the WWF from certain bankruptcy. And, like in the Undertaker's case, the man lived the gimmick, which helped.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
No doubt it's the Undertaker but there have been any other people who have play great gimmicks.

Hulk Hogan - American Hero
Steve Austin - No-nonsense beer drinking brawler

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Doink.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Undertaker, Stone Colds "Austin 3:16" style, and John Cena's rapper gimmick.

one of those three is a lie.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Sting's Crow, Million Dollar Man and Razor Ramon are my 3 favs of all time

·
Registered
559 Posts
i say taker, mainly because on paper his gimmick sounds silly and much outdated, but it really rolled with the times and is still loved by mostly everyone.stone cold was amazing, but i feel like its not really a gimmick, its mostly him being himself. unless u say that being himself is his gimmick

·
Registered
733 Posts
Either Gorgeous George or El Santo. Both developed the gimmicks as we know today, and their impact on society will never be reached again by any wrestler.

·
Registered
54 Posts
He's not really a wrestler but the "Mr McMahon" gimmick has always been awesome. Then there's the Million Dollar Man and of course The Undertaker.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Undertaker with honorable mentions to the guy to my left

·
Asuka
96,232 Posts
Stone Cold.

I can understand why people are saying Undertaker, but if anybody else played Undertaker besides Mark Calaway, it would suck. The actual gimmick is bad, or, at least, the unaltered, early intention of the gimmick is bad. It could've quite easily gone the way of the Boogeyman or Papa Shango, but Calaway brought a charisma and a presence to the character that made it intimidating, rather than stupid.

Then again, like most gimmicks, Austin included, the biggest part of the success or failure of it is the person playing it, although the character of Austin wasn't created as a zombie, so.....yeah.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts