Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all can tell, Vince likes certain guys more than others. But who do you think is his personal top 10? And please state why do you think certain wrestlers belong on that list.

I'll start:

Shawn Michaels: Yeah we all know how much Vince loves him in a borderline ****-erotic manner. He let him get away with lots of shit as well in the past.

The Undertaker: He's one of Vince's most loyal employees and basically was the leader of his locker room for ages. Vince also gave him a long ass WM streak.

Triple H: Well it's his son-in-law. And even before that, he was already high on HHH. Trips has had Vince's year since he got into the WWE and became Shawn's friend and a member of The Kliq.

André the Giant: Many say that the first thing you see when you enter WWE's HQ is a big André the giant statue or something. Vince also created the HOF originally just to induct him. Remember that André was the only WWE HOF for some years. The HOF dint' really kick off until around the early 2000s iirc.

John Cena: After The Undertaker and Triple H he's been Vince's most loyal employee. He's shoved him down our throats since 2004 or so. Cena is a company man. The man every boss loves.

Roman Reigns: ...well why else would he still shove him down our throats despite all the backlash from fans?!

Randy Orton: He was high on Vince since his debut. It seemed he had more confidence in him than in Cena or Batista at some point but his 2004 face turn bombed.

Stone Cold: The man who saved his company. End of story.

The Rock: A man who's made as much money for Vince or perhaps even more than Hogan and Austin did.

Hulk Hogan: I know they've had their disputes but come on now. Hogan has made tons of money for Vince in the 80s and headlined several WMs between 1985 and 1993.

So, that beign said, if I had to rank them in order:

1. André the Giant
2. The Undertaker
3. John Cena
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Stone Cold
6. Triple H
7. The Rock
8. Hulk Hogan
9. Randy orton
10. Roman Reigns.

What about you?

·
Registered
163 Posts
From a business point of view Hogan or Austin made him the most money.

From a character point I would think it's the Undertaker that he likes most, especially its longevity.

From a performance/wrestling point I would say he is highest on HBK.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I will say about what he thinks of now as in my opinion not a period of time, I didn't live in the ere of Andre The Giant so I can't know much about him and Vince.

1.Shawn Michaels: He got away with everything though Michaels himself admitted that he was an asshole pre 2000s
2.The Undertaker: His most loyal employee and someone who is breathing business so he will do anything for it.
3.Triple H: I don't think I need to explain.
4.John Cena: Vince surprisingly wasn't high on Cena at all in first but Cena really made Vince a lot of money also he is a business man that can do anything for Vince.
5.Roman Reigns: I am really starting to think that Roman will get the biggest push in the history of kayfabe and will be likely to break Hogan's record of Wrestlemania main events.
6.The Rock: He could be number 1 if he stayed with the company.
7.Stone Cold: I don't think I need to explain,too.
8.Hulk Hogan: The man that carried WWF/E to the next level.
9.Randy Orton: Vince wanted him to be the FOTC first but Orton is not the easiest guy to work with people but he is still on Vince's side.
10.Chris Jericho and Mick Foley : Both helped the company alot and know the business well specially Y2J.

Honorable Mention:
Edge: Vince trusted him so much that made him carry Smackdown with Undertaker for long time.

AJ Styles on the current roster: From all the backstage things I heard about him,it looks like Vince really likes Styles, Vince himself even requested Shawn to face Styles and also trusts him so much to put him with Shane in a match.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
As an actual fan, probably none of them. Its well known Vince himself does not really like wrestling and if he ever could, would try to be succesful in another industry instead. That's the perk of not growing up in wrestling I guess, he only sees it as a business.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to mention Snuka who he covered up a murder for.
Oh man, I totally forgot about that shit.

As an actual fan, probably none of them. Its well known Vince himself does not really like wrestling and if he ever could, would try to be succesful in another industry instead. That's the perk of not growing up in wrestling I guess, he only sees it as a business.
Not growing up on it?! His father was a wrestling promoter as well. It's not like Vince was an entrepreneur that one day randomly decided to venture into the wrestling business.

I'm sure Vince liked wrestling at some point, but that might have changed the bigger his product became worldwide.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I will say about what he thinks of now as in my opinion not a period of time, I didn't live in the ere of Andre The Giant so I can't know much about him and Vince.

1.Shawn Michaels: He got away with everything though Michaels himself admitted that he was an asshole pre 2000s
2.The Undertaker: His most loyal employee and someone who is breathing business so he will do anything for it.
3.Triple H: I don't think I need to explain.
4.John Cena: Vince surprisingly wasn't high on Cena at all in first but Cena really made Vince a lot of money also he is a business man that can do anything for Vince.
5.Roman Reigns: I am really starting to think that Roman will get the biggest push in the history of kayfabe and will be likely to break Hogan's record of Wrestlemania's main event.
6.The Rock: He could be number 1 if he stayed with the company.
7.Stone Cold: I don't think I need to explain,too.
8.Hulk Hogan: The man that carried WWF/E to the next level.
9.Randy Orton: Vince wanted him to be the FOTC first but Orton is not the easiest guy to work with people but he is still on Vince's side.
10.Chris Jericho and Mick Foley : Both helped the company alot and know the business well specially Y2J.
11.Edge: Vince trusted him so much that made him carry Smackdown with Undertaker for long time.

Honorable Mention:
AJ Styles on the current roster: From all the backstage things I heard about him,it looks like Vince really likes Styles, Vince himself even requested Shawn to face Styles and also trusts him so much to put him with Shane in a match.
Edit : Double post

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Oh man, I totally forgot about that shit.

Not growing up on it?! His father was a wrestling promoter as well. It's not like Vince was an entrepreneur that one day randomly decided to venture into the wrestling business.

I'm sure Vince liked wrestling at some point, but that might have changed the bigger his product became worldwide.

Mate, I'm not joking. That's pretty much what happened. Vince was raised by his mother and stepfather and never even knew who his father was or at least never met him throughout his childhood. He himself as an adult had to go find him and still they never really had a good relationship after, as Vince Sr did not want to give his wrestling company to his son. Vince Jr only acquired it by legitimately purchasing the business from his father, and promising him that he would honour the gentleman agreements he had made with other wrestling promoters. Vince, who never grew up in the business and never grew up with its values of kayfabe, loyalty and had no personal attachement to the integrity of the business decided to do the opposite and pretty much fuck all the other wrestling promotions in the ass.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts

Mate, I'm not joking. That's pretty much what happened. Vince was raised by his mother and stepfather and never even knew who his father was or at least never met him throughout his childhood. He himself as an adult had to go find him and still they never really had a good relationship after, as Vince Sr did not want to give his wrestling company to his son. Vince Jr only acquired it by legitimately purchasing the business from his father, and promising him that he would honour the gentleman agreements he had made with other wrestling promoters. Vince, who never grew up in the business and never grew up with its values of kayfabe, loyalty and had no personal attachement to the integrity of the business decided to do the opposite and pretty much fuck all the other wrestling promotions in the ass.
I actually remember this story, I remember him saying in interview that there was one of his step fathers used to beat his mother and Vince if he tried to protect her, he even said that "It is unfortunate that he died before I could kill him. I would have enjoyed that."

·
Registered
62 Posts
I mean jeez... probably Hogan right? Dollar signs a plenty with that guy. He didnt even get the longevity out of Austin the same he did Hogan. Personal favorite is tough. I heard he was high on even Bret Hart back in the day (after steroid proceedings) either way - it I were Vince it'd have to be Hogan. He made too much money for anyone else to be the one IMO.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,781 Posts
pretty sure Vince himself said in an interview his fave wrestler because of the mystique and aura, is The Undertaker.

Austin would probably come next.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts

I think a lot of this is mostly rumors about him not knowing who his real father was as he actually met his father when he was 12, and even started getting involved in the business at a young age and at one point when he was young even wanted to become a wrestler. It was actually Vince Sr. that expanded the territory, and why the hell would you have the name "World" and "Federation" in your name if you only wanted a Region? lol. Vince Sr. did have some handshake agreements with other promoters, but by the time Vince Jr. took over it became obvious that NWA, AWA, etc weren't promoting their own younger wrestlers and never adapted to the growing television market back then, so it is not Vince Jr's fault NWA, AWA and eventually WCW shot themselves in the foot.

Back on topic, and as for Vince MchMahon's Jr's top ten, I think the list goes like this.

10. Iron Sheik (helped gain audience for feuds with Hogan)
9. Andre The Giant (his biggest attraction for WM)
8. Sgt. Slaughter (this was his guy before Hogan's popularity skyrocketed)
7. Macho Man Randy Savage (he was legitimately upset he left for WCW)
6. HBK (his loyalty for not leaving to go to WCW)
5. Ultimate Warrior (his backup plan to Hogan)
4. Owen Hart (his favourite Hart and 3rd most loyal employee)
3. The Rock (helped fight off WCW and helped make wrestling television more popular)
2. Stone Cold (single handedly paralyzed WCW)
1. Undertaker (his most loyal employee and best creation)

Honorary mentions: Lex Luger, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, Mr. Perfect, British Bulldog, Mick Foley, Kane, Edge, Trish Stratus.

I know it is difficult for some to imagine Bret Hart as one of his top guys or even honorary mentions, but Bret Hart was Vince's handpicked guy after Hogan left. Even Luger would have played a more significant role, but the steroid issues promoted HBK and Bret. Up until the screwjob or shortly before it, he liked Bret and even told him to go to WCW, but got scared for some bs reason and screwed him over.

Sorry, but Cena doesn't make the list because he wasn't McMahon's top option. McMahon chose Cena after he knew Goldberg, Lesnar were on their way out, Orton was pooping in gym bags, and must have known Angle had issues.

Here is your boss telling you to reach the brass ring which means he doesn't have much confidence anymore in the veterans that are there like Orton, Cena and is even more skeptical now in his future stars like Reigns, Rollins, Wyatt, Balor. Can you imagine Vince going around in 1997 and 1998 telling his top guys to reach for the brass ring? lmao.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Considering how hard they were pushed - despite their lack of any talent - I would honestly suggest Giant Gonzales, The Great Khali and Hornswoggle.
People say Vince likes Undertaker, but he damn sure had no problems jobbing him out to a man who could not speak English and had limited mobility due to his health problems. When it comes to Vince's favourite wrestlers, there are tons of guys he clearly loved by sheer virtue of their size, even if, to everyone else, they were clearly not cut out for the big leagues.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Considering how hard they were pushed - despite their lack of any talent - I would honestly suggest Giant Gonzales, The Great Khali and Hornswoggle.
People say Vince likes Undertaker, but he damn sure had no problems jobbing him out to a man who could not speak English and had limited mobility due to his health problems. When it comes to Vince's favourite wrestlers, there are tons of guys he clearly loved by sheer virtue of their size, even if, to everyone else, they were clearly not cut out for the big leagues.
To be honest, as shit as Khali was, I don't think his push was that bad. Khali's size always made up for his lack of ability and as a kid watching, I genuinely never noticed how immobile he was as I was just awed at the size of the man. Also, pretty much responsible for WWE's huge popularity in India as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.