Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have threads here all the time about who is or isn't a draw all the time, but this thread is meant to be different from those. I just want to know who do you personally pay money to see.

Has there been a live event in your town that you missed because a certain wrestler wasn't there? Or how about the opposite; where you on the fence about going to a show, but then a certain wrestler's appearance convinced you to go?

Did it matter if the event was a house show, Smackdown, Raw, or a PPV?

It would also be helpful to know what kind of a wrestling fan you are. Do you never miss a live show whenever there's one around? Do you go once a every couple of years? Are you really hardcore and fly to Wrestlemania every year?

I personally have only gone to one paid wrestling event in my life. It was a Smackdown taping and even though it wasn't a televised live event like I would have preferred or at the closest arena to me (MSG), I decided to go because:

1) I'd never gone before
2) Edge was champion at the time (he actually got injured later and I was disappointed)
3) Jericho was on Smackdown at the time

So for me I guess Jericho and Edge are draws. Although right now I'd say Edge isn't as exciting as he was before.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Seeing as all Australia gets is crappy house shows nobody. I don't pay to watch PPV's unless I have to and I don't :)

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
The last live event I went to was Night of Champions in Chicago, but I went obviously because it was a pay per view. The show before it that I went to that year was a Raw and Smackdown joint "super show" at the Allstate Arena before Elimination Chamber 2010.

I would say I paid my money to see Punk in his hometown, Orton and of course, the Undertaker. The main event was a 6 man tag between Undertaker, Cena and Edge vs. Batista, Sheamus and Orton (the teams really didn't make any sense because they all had beef with one and other in one way or another at that point).

I was really bummed that Jericho wasn't there though. I always love watching him at house shows as has a lot of time to put on real quality matches. Plus his entrance is still one of the best in WWE.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jericho and Punk seem to be draws in the WWE. Well I guess that is to be expected on and internet forum.

When TNA did an outdoor show in Brooklyn I was considering going, but no Hogan meant no dice.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I've been to several shows, and here's who I paid to see:

House show, February 1996: Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Shawn Michaels
WrestleMania XV: Owen Hart, Mick Foley, Stone Cold, The Rock
Backlash 2003: Goldberg, The Rock, Team Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Booker T
Royal Rumble 2004: Matt Hardy, Eddie Guerrero, Scott Steiner, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Ernest "The Cat" Miller
SummerSlam 2005: Matt Hardy, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan

Oddly, even though I've only been to four PPVs, I've seen just about every major star in WWE of the last 20 years or so compete. In fact, the only WWE champions I've never seen in person are Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Pedro Morales, Randy Savage, Billy Graham, Ultimate Warrior, Sheamus...and that's it. And none of them were on the WWE roster between 1996 and 2005, other than the Warrior's embarrassing stint.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Well where I'm from wrestling is dead! Bsck in the 80s however the NWA would run shows, Ric Flair once wrestled where I'm from. Think it was '82. But I was born in '94 so yeah.

Anyway since the 90s wrestling has been dead. Not even in the Attitude Era it was popular. That's to tell you how no one gives a shit bout wrestling. But if I were to go to a WWE event (hopefully when I go to Canada this July/August there'll be there) I'd pay to see any of the following:
  1. Randy Orton
  2. John Cena
  3. The Miz
  4. Daniel Bryan
  5. John Morrisson
  6. Chris Jericho
  7. Edge
  8. Dolph Ziggler
  9. Alberto Del Rio
  10. Cody Rhodes
And of course Vickie Guerrero.

Edit: I forgot CM Punk!

·
Registered
127 Posts
The last show I went to was headlined by Punk in his first championship reign against Jericho with Lance Cade (RIP) when he was blazing a trail for Alex Riley. So in addition to those two Bryan Danielson and Mr. Miyagi.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I dont think single superstar(regardless who it is) can draw much in wrestling anymore(ppv wise, tv wise its diff).

People won't pay to see 1 or 2 guys for like 10-15/120 minutes. They want to pay for the whole show overall.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
When it came to a SD event, if I went I was paying in hopes of seeing The Undertaker (only seen him wrestle once lol... bastard kept getting taken out on TV just before :p). When it was a Raw event, I just paid to see wrestling because I love it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm going to my first ever live event in April as I live in Ireland and i am paying to see;

1.Randy Orton
2.CM Punk
3.Daniel Bryan
4.Sheamus
5.The Miz
6.John Morrison

Think it is a RAW event, would love to see Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio live though.

·
8,599 Posts
last time i paid money it was to see deuce n domino, king booker, khali, mark henry, hardy, and mvp summer of 07 tour. king was gone to raw though by the time the show happened. smackdown in 07 was awesome.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Which show John Morrison is on is a big factor to decide which live event we go to, no matter how sad anyone thinks that is.

But I will pay to see these people:

1. John Morrison
2. Chris Jericho
3. Sheamus
4. CM Punk

·
Registered
649 Posts
I don't think i would pay for one particular superstar, depends on the roster or the PPV.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts