Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were you surprised at the result and were you surprised that Al Snow advanced past the first round instead of Jeff Jarrett who was getting a mini-push at the time? :)lol)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Was between The Rock and Mankind all along for me. My favourite moment though is when Shane comes down to the ring in Austin's match, counts 1, 2 and then gives him the finger. That always makes me laugh.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was between The Rock and Mankind all along for me. My favourite moment though is when Shane comes down to the ring in Austin's match, counts 1, 2 and then gives him the finger. That always makes me laugh.
Yeah Austin being in the Finals would've been too predictable.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Stone Cold Steve Austin was always going to win the WWE title back at WrestleMania 15 because much like Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels before him that is where the top babyface finally wins the WWE title back whereas PPV's like Survivor Series have usually been more geared towards heels winning. I knew that it would be one of The Rock or Mankind because Austin/Undertaker was still going on so was never going to continue all the way through to WrestleMania 15 so it was going to be Austin/Rock or Austin/Mankind at WrestleMania 15 although i saw Austin/Rock being a babyface vs babyface match and didn't see The Rock heel turn coming at all.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Al Snow had to beat Jarrett for the silly Socko/Head angle...

That was so long ago. I remember thinking Taker was gonna win.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I remember the night he won it like yesterday. I had to walk about a mile to a buddy's house to see the PPV, tried to walk out the door without a coat or sweater in cold ass November Pennsylvania weather to be a badass (in my own mind anyway) and didn't get halfway there before I was freezing my ass off but I suffered through it to make it to the buddy's house to see the PPV. I also remember conversing with friends about how I couldn't believe Rock was champ since Rock was so young at the time (pretty sure youngest champ ever to that point).

I thought Taker would win. Kane was a sleeper and Austin was always a good bet back then. I didn't expect Rock to win at the time but Rock made perfect sense in hindsight since he was perfect for the Corporate champion role that they were looking for.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
Can't remember having a favourite to win the event. Probably thought Austin would have won the title at that event.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts