Votes: 23 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both these guys are tremendous talents that, at one point or another, should of been given the strap. Christian in 2005 and MVP in 2007. Both were mega-heals that could of had insane title reigns... But then the WWE fucked it up - on both of them. Now neither one may never get that title reign, and even if they do, it might not be as good as it should of been.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Chrisitan definately. MVP still has a chance, sure they pushed him hard beating Kane and Taker in his first few months but technically he still has a chance and is still young while Christian is pretty much reaching the point where he goes down hill. So as of right now, Christian is the more of a fuck-up by the creative part.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would say Christian.

I never really thought that highly of MVP - when he first arrived I thought his promos were pretty decent, but I was never impressed with his wrestling. His recent matches have been quite good, but I think his age counts against him now.

Christian is, and always has been, very underrated by Vince and WWE.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Christian is laughable right now, sadly.

I don't even think he actually gets pops on SmackDown anymore, they always sounded like filtered-in crap.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
This is funny because today I've been putting these two in a juxtaposition in my anti-Sheamus arguments. I have to say, MVP probably got more fucked up. He never really did anything wrong, something about drugs but then when his face run came he seemed to reconcile with the WWE but got nowhere. He confronted Legacy once and it looked like he was about to main event but a further Triple H feud, Batista and Cena recycled feud was preferred.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
MVP, much like mr kennedy, still has loads of room to expand upon and use for something remarkable

Lets be honest there was a limit to high Capitan Charisma can jump

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I'd say MVP, they have both been fucked over but Christian has had alot of success in WWE which people don't usually look at,
- Two time ECW champ
- Part of one of the best tag teams in WWE history
- Multitime tag champ
- 3 IC titles
- Always competing in big entertaining matches at Mania (TLC, MITB)

- Fueded with Cena, Jericho, Edge, Booker, in the past, and more
among others

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I love Christian and all, but he just doesn't have the champion feel. Now a heel MVP on the other hand, that I can see.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
MVP. The guy was red hot at some point and now he's a complete non-factor, way to fuck up their biggest prospect at that time.

It seems Vince never thought highly about Christian since the beginning, his faith has already been set so there's really nothing to fuck up.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Christian, and it's not even close. He was the hottest act in the company in 2005 and could've been a main event fixture for years and years.

MVP is talented, but he was never as over as Christian was that year. MVP could have reached that level, but Christian was already at that level, so Christian was the bigger fuck up.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
36 is a good age for professional wrestling though since experience seems to be more important than athletic abilities.

I dunno, but watching guys like Taker, HBK and Flair go balls the wall at their ages makes me hope that guys like MVP & Christian could still be championship material.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
36 isn't that old considering Kane is 43 now and he's the current world champion....

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Chrisitan definately. MVP still has a chance, sure they pushed him hard beating Kane and Taker in his first few months but technically he still has a chance and is still young while Christian is pretty much reaching the point where he goes down hill. So as of right now, Christian is the more of a fuck-up by the creative part.
Both MVP and Christian are the same age and its funny too cause both of them could of easily been the top Heels of SD right now and Christian proved that he can carry a brand ( I know I know it was just a sorry C brand of ECW but still) on his back as a Face since he is 10x better then MVP in that area.

MVP and Christian are one the same boat with each other, both are neck and neck and its very hard to choose between who got fucked up more. I honestly can't even answer this cause MVP/Christian are just on the same platform of obscurity in their own ways.

They went from being on top of the world of almost breaking the ceiling to the main event scene

only to be reduced to losers/jobbers who are shells of their former/superior selves when they deserve alot better then that.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Christian. People keep saying MVP was red hot. Then wth what Christian in 2005? Stale? Hell no. The mere fact that Christian was going to outpop John f'ing Cena is a testament that Christian was not just hot, he was Erupting Burning Finger hot.

·
Premium Member
18,113 Posts
Christian, and it's not even close. He was the hottest act in the company in 2005 and could've been a main event fixture for years and years.

MVP is talented, but he was never as over as Christian was that year. MVP could have reached that level, but Christian was already at that level, so Christian was the bigger fuck up.
Hottest act is very very very arguable. At that time I would say Cena & Batista were much hotter.

Also the way I see it Christian damn near messed up his own chances are success when he decided to leave and go to TNA.I reckon if he had never made that jump he would be a World champ by now. Hell he was already moving into that position when he left. Not to mention when he did come back he was what the longest reigning ECW Champ which i think a lot of people forget.

MVP on the other hand was at one point a great heel who if used correctly could of been a big star and now hes just another guy on the roster. I would say they messed up him more.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts