Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
605 Posts
Re: Who "defined" and who had the best runs as cruserweight champs?

When I think of Cruiserweight, I think of Rey Mysterio.

Ultimo Dragon, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Chris Jericho, Juventud were all solid repeat champions though.

I think Tajiri had a pretty interesting run as Cruiserweight champion.

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts

I loved Matt Hardy as cruiserweight champion in '03 as Mattitude V1. But, Gregory Helms defined it IMO.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

HMM i also think of Rey but what comes to my mind is Jamie Noble he was impressive as cruserweight too

·
Banned
605 Posts

HMM i also think of Rey but what comes to my mind is Jamie Noble he was impressive as cruserweight too
Yeah, actually now that I remember he was a great cruiserweight too... Unique moveset consisting with a lot of different power bombs and suplexes.

·
Premium Member
11,400 Posts

Rey Mysterio defined it IMO, but Helms had by far the best run with it, he had beaten everyone and feuded for like 3 month with Hardy ( not for the title at least) but it was 3 month of good-great TV wrestling!

·
Registered
5,705 Posts

Don't know enough about the mainly WCW guys to comment much but worth mentioning Jericho and Malenko because I know what happened there.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts

Rey Mysterio and Dean Malenko in WCW spring to mind. As for the wrestlers who had great runs as WWE Cruiserweight champions, it's Rey Mysterio and Tajiri. Matt Hardy also had a great run as the Cruiserweight championship back in 2003 but it pales in comparison to Mysterio and Tajiri's WWE Cruiserweight title reigns.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
WCW in a whole defined it. So many great matches, amazing spots, and some great feuds. It's hard to go wrong when Phycosis, Rey, Eddie, Benoit, Milenko, La Parka, Jericho, Kidman, the list goes on and on. ECW takes credit for introducing pretty much all of these guys and giving us the Little Guido, Super Crazy, and Tajiri international three ways that I wish they still did. WWE pissed away a golden opportunity when they inherited most of this talent and booked it like shit.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
IMO, it is Rey Mysterio and no one else is even close. I also enjoyed Helms run back in the Vertebreaker days.

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts

Did you not watch WCW? Helms is a joke choice.
I watched WCW, I'm not referring to his boyband character, I'm referring to the one of late. People like Jericho, Malenko, Wright etc. IMO were working below their true level. Helms and Matt as Cruiserweight Champion was fair enough.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts