Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know WWE is pushing Ryback as a new Goldberg style character, but looking at him he really seems to lack something, got me wondering is there any big, intense, young guy out there that could be given the Ryback/Goldberg push? Nobody will match up to what happened with Goldberg and obviously he shouldnt begiven an unbeaten streak gimmick, but of all the wrestlers out there who could be believable in the monster babyface role?

· Banned
11,277 Posts
Nobody wants to see a goldberg push in 2012.

I mean a winning streak would be okay, if the matches were at least actual matches not some jobber shit.

· Registered
450 Posts
Exactly what RevolverSnake said. No one wants to see that. Winning streaks are annoying when it is constant, especially when you are squashing everyone. That is the main reason Ryback will never get over with nonmarks.

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not saying anyone SHOULD be, but if Vince decided one day he wanted to give it to someone, of all the guys out there who would be the best choice with the best chance of making it work

· Registered
180 Posts
I want Mason Ryan to be given the push and finally wins the WHC, he looks good and is massive just needs a bit improvement and he is 30 now.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,776 Posts
I hate winning streaks. They take all the fun out of matches because you know that wrestler is going over. As well as that, the problem with Goldberg's push is that he was too depended on it. It's never a good idea for a wrestler to have a winning streak gimmick because once the streak is ended, then their character becomes nothing. I don't know maybe it's because Goldberg didn't have the tool to remain the same after his streak was ended but that's just my theory on winning streaks anyway.

Right now the only logical person to give a winning streak to is Ryback, but he needs a mouthpiece and something to help him get over because I don't think he can do it by himself. The only other person for me would be Matt Morgan if they debut him. He's 7ft and can carry himself on the mic. If they book him as an unstoppable big man wrestler then Morgan definetely.

· Banned
3,844 Posts
anybody not named Ryback...

· Registered
3,364 Posts
I agree that the whole style of push is bad.

But Ryback is a fine choice, I think.

Besides him, Matt Morgan.

Or, if we are looking for the "full package" with a physique that is imposing enough, Magnus.

Though, I'm sure that there are a bunch of intimidating guys in NXTFCW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.