Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cole beat Johnny Gargano tonight to retain his NXT Title in another 2/3 Falls match at Takeover Toronto to retain his NXT Championship.

I love Johnny, but his time is done. I don't care if he stays in NXT or goes to 205 Live, but his time challenging for the NXT Title needs to be over.

Now he needs to move onto someone else. Who could that be? Dream is still the NA Champion and he's really making that title his title. Riddle is busy with Killian Dane. Keith Lee is on a losing streak. Dunne is a possibility seeing how he doesn't have a title. Then there is Tommaso Ciampa who has been rumored to be coming back sooner than later.

I could even see a Winner Takes All Match at the next Takeover inside War Games for all the belts. Again, regardless, Johnny needs to be done.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,033 Posts
In this order:

- The winner of the breakout tourney

- Keith Lee

- Ciampa

- Matt Riddle

- Dream (who beats Cole)

Reactions: TommyWCECM

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Strong, with the title and the leadership of TUE in the balance.

What am I kidding, it is gonna be a best 8 out of 12 falls match with Gargano where each stipulation is a psychological backpedal for each character until by the end they're just husks fighting in a void while the crowd mindlessly chant "this is awesome" and "fight forever" at an empty ring.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,341 Posts
The challengers on the babyface side for Cole is slim pickings to say the least.

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
I haven't really been following NXT much, but I'd be fine with them doing something pretty quick to polish up Keith Lee. He could put his career in NXT on the line or something. He can streamroll through the rest of Undisputed Era en route. I'm also fine with the idea of Velveteen Dream putting up his gold for Cole's. I don't see why we need an NXT Title and an NA Title. It was a cute reason to have a Ladder Match. Bring it back full circle.

I'd be fine with Undisputed Era in-fighting at this point too. Cole vs. Strong vs. O'Reilly vs. Fish doesn't sound like the worst.

Maybe some talent will move back to give it a boost for October? Luke Harper, Cesaro, Ricochet, Rey Mysterio or even Daniel Bryan would be pretty awesome. Hell, send AJ Styles back and let him be the face of NXT and make it his business to hold the show on lockdown until Shawn Michaels faces him for the NXT Title. You've got to do something to get some attention for it on Fox Sports.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,238 Posts
Keith Lee vs Adam Cole would probably be the worst optics since Joe vs Balor. Cole would look like some skinny fat bug waiting to be squashed.

Riddle or Dream would be my preference. Not sure what Ciampa’s status is.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Well first up is the breakout champ because for some reason the best thing for these guys to do is lose to the NXT champion. Stupid. They should have gotten a NA title shot, at least that would have been more believable. I can see it either being Keith Lee or Matt Riddle for War Games if it is even defended there.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Can't be Ciampa, even if he got healthy. Ciampa needs to be the one to defeat Cole so dont rush that. That being said, Im not sure. Not much to choose from atm. Dream is horrible and should never be getting an NXT Title match.

·
Registered
318 Posts
In this order: Velveteen Dream, Tomasso Ciampa, Matt Riddle.

Dream has such an interesting and provocative character; engaging and not boring at all, something WWE desperately needs.

Ciampa has the intensity, wrestling pedigree, and a killer comeback story which will engage the fans.

I think Riddle is a future star; he has the look and some charisma, although I don't like how he bashed Goldberg.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Had Dream dropped the title then I could have seem him challenging Cole. However I could see someone like Pete Dunne challenging. War Games is probably their third biggest show so they don't need the TOP main event.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,033 Posts
Had Dream dropped the title then I could have seem him challenging Cole. However I could see someone like Pete Dunne challenging. War Games is probably their third biggest show so they don't need the TOP main event.
I forgot about Peter, Cole/Dunne is a money feud that needs to happen. Not sure how you get there though, with Pete just losing for the NA title.

·
Registered
24,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With War Games coming up right now I honestly see all of TUE in the War Games match with all the titles on the line.

So Cole, Roddy, KOR, Fish vs. ???, Profits, Dream

The ??? could be Dunne.

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
I could see Theory getting a title shot soonish after he debuts, surely given the fact him and Cole already got history, that WWE has covered on their site/social media from the matches they've had together as well as other matches he had with other people from TUE down in Evolve in the last year or so. But he won't be the next, probably like 3 or 4 down the line. Maybe Mania Weekend?

·
Registered
24,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I could see Theory getting a title shot soonish after he debuts, surely given the fact him and Cole already got history, that WWE has covered on their site/social media from the matches they've had together as well as other matches he had with other people from TUE down in Evolve in the last year or so. But he won't be the next, probably like 3 or 4 down the line. Maybe Mania Weekend?
Theory is more likely to sit on the sidelines for a bit than get a title shot. Plus Coles a heel and Theory is a heel. That works fine for Evolve because you’re just booking the biggest match possible.

But in NXT there’s a bunch of guys above Theory. He’s an amazing prospect. But he’s not a Finn Balor or Kevin Owens who’s going to get a super push right off the bat. He doesn’t have that much Indy or international cred.

So all in all, I would expect a slow start for Theory. But eventually he’ll be there big star.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts