Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Wrestling fans i ask a simple question

Who can save Wrestlemania?

i know it has been wrote on all these forums to death and there are lots of threads regarding this but i want to put my spin on it. Sting. Sting Vs Undertaker at the GranDaddy of them all.

For ten years i have waited in anticipation that Sting would come to WWE you had booker t, the NWO, Rey, Goldberg, DDP and Ric Flair. But never Sting. But as it comes around to WM you look at the expected card and its not that strong. like there is no match that jumps out at you and screams Wrestlemania Moment.

Sting Staring down the Deadman qualifies as a WM moment

Now if there is no Sting i jut wanna look at the card and what might be able to provide us with a classic WM match

Cena vs Miz no chance because Cena wil win as per usual
Edge vs Del Rio could steal the show
HHH vs Sheamus only if its like a last man standing match or street fight etc
Nexus v Corre will most likely suck
Taker vs Wade Barrett?? Kane??? Barrett is still new and putting him in the biggest match in Mania would be stupid of WWE Kane vs Taker has been done too much unless they bring back Masked Kane which might make it interesting
Diesel vs Big Show could be quite good but not a show stealer
A kliq/wolfpac both these do make me excited but the wolfpac all hangs on sting but the kliq could be done easy as we have heard scott hall waltman and Nash will all be at the Hall of Fame to see HBK
Beth Phoenix vs Awesome Kong maybe the only Diva match i want to see only topped by adding Chyna to the mix.
Money in the bank if they do it it would all rely on JoMo doing something huge
IC/US title unify the belts because they have become a joke
No Tag Team title match because WWE's tag division is a joke and should be revamped immediatly
last but not least CM Punk vs Orton

Personally i think if Sting doesnt show then CM Punk and Orton will steal the show i think itl be a great match and a great feud tht i hope they keep going past WM

There are still rumours lingering around about Goldberg Lex Luger Brock Lesner all huge Stars who i would love to see at Mania hell even bring back the Macho Man but i think only one man can save WM and its Sting.

look at it this way WWE never really needed Sting they only wanted him because WCW had him and he was a huge star. But now WWE lacks star power and need Sting. so Sting really is in a very nice postion.

as a huge sting fan i really wanna see him see out his final days in WWE i dont belive this shit about him staying the only star not to have wrestled in WWE and for the record he never fucking said he would never wrestle for WWE

So thats my first post done lol

PS does anyone know if the new york daily news reported Sting coming to WWE before WWE aired the vignette on Raw? becuase if they reported it before Raw aired it makes it quite weired becuase they said he was meant to debut on the 21 febuary

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I wouldn't think WrestleMania would suck just because of Sting's abscence but yes you are very, very right - Sting and The Undertaker starring each other down would send chills down my spine and make me goosebump.

If that match doesn't happen (which unfortunately is very likely it won't) I unlike other people would very much be looking foward to Miz vs Cena, simply due to the fact that if The Miz defeats John Cena clean on the grandest stage of them all WWE will finally have themselves a potential long-term champion i.e. another possible top guy in the future. There is a chance Miz could defeat Cena, WWE has invested so much into him that to have Cena defeat him would only send him to the pile of failed WWE Champions who weren't capitalized on soon enough.

Oh and welcome to Wrestling Forum!

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Super Dragon!

But seriously. Their isn't anything that needs to be "saved" in WrestleMania.

Sting could make Mania a HUGE deal. Having Kong, Mistico and some others arrive would also help. The main thing that will make Mania good is moments and the matches, not a single person.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If Sting faces Taker or if The Rock has a match. If either are going to happen the build up would need to start soon though. Other than that nothing can really save this event. If it's anything like the Rumble or recent TV shows, WWE is in big trouble.

WWE has just been horrific as of late. Shame, seeing as they could have built the Nexus/ Corre storyline better leading up to mania.

Some people thought the crowd last week on Raw was too quiet. I thought they gave the product exactly what it deserved.

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
I don’t understand why everyone is so excited about a possible Sting vs. Taker match. He’s 51 years old so it would be a one night stand novelty act with substandard wrestling. Is this really what you want? It’s not too late for Cena vs. Taker. That would save and define Wrestlemania XXVII.

Ultimately this Wrestlemania will be looked back upon as a transitional period. Del Rio, Wade Barrett and Daniel Bryan will all be making their first appearances, hopefully in memorable ways.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Taker's streak has gotten to be such a big part of Mania that if his match looks like its going to be disappointing, it really depresses the interest.

What might be able to save Wrestlemania would be John Cena getting screwed out of his championship spot and having to compete in MITB. It is pretty lame but the kids might eat it up.

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok maybe sayin wrestlemania needing saved was a bit much because we all know that wwe always manages to pull a rabbit out of the hat and make wrestlemania huge i just dont see them making a huge mania this year cena vs taker would be huge but i dont think alot of people, except cenas army of kid fans, wanna see it

if you tuned into wrestlemania and watched as Taker and Sting went nose to nose then sting does his scream and beats his chest like he used to in wcw you telling me that would not be epic or if taker chokeslams him thinks he is done and sting stands straight back up like he used to you telling me that would not entertain you

i was a huge wcw fan and all iv wanted since WCW shut down was it to either come back or for Sting to appear in a WWE ring

he may be 51 and he is not the Stinger who used to go toe to toe with all members of the NWO but think of rock hogan at mania 18 that was fuking epic and Sting Taker would be the same my only objection would be michael cole calling a sting match it would have to be Jim Ross because well i just really hate michael cole

·
Distant Relative of Former Def Jam President
17,148 Posts
Undertaker and Triple H
Taker isn't fighting Barrett now.

And I'd really like to see Nash vs. Show.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
The title matches aren't the biggest matches on the card this year. Edge vs Del Rio and Cena vs The Miz will probably be decent matches but they don't scream "main event" in my opinion. Hopefully, they'll be some decent twists and turns, not the usual predicatable schtick. HHH vs Sheamus could be pretty awesome if they make it last man standing match, street fight or some type of ultra violent match. If it's just a standard match I don't think it'll be much more than a brawling slug fest; nothing special. Nexus v Corre could be alright if they give the match enough time and don't rush it. Diesel vs Big Show will be a nice diversion but nothing exceptional; unless the ancient Kevin Nash can powerbomb him (which I doubt). The big match main event is obviously reserved for Undertaker and whoever his opponent is. Sting would be incredible (although the mark in me is hoping for HBK to return and face him in the third and final Wrestlemania showdown).

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
We found Edge unconscious and beaten backstage just before the highly awaited Edge-Del Rio championship match. Del Rio is in the ring and brags about himself. His microphone is cut. The lights are turned off.

A music erupts (O Verona just below) and a man appears at the entrance. It's Santino Marella (like on the photo). After a harsh humiliation and a disappearance from the ring, he is back. He is totally badass, far more agile and stronger. He deadly and quickly beats the security guys who try to stop him and challenges a surprised and afraid Del Rio for the championship. Del Rio refuses but Vince arrives and backs Santino.

The match is long, impressive and well prepared. Santino gets the biggest heat ever. Wrestlemania is saved.

His new theme : O Verona
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJvnVWhuNtk

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
I would mark just to see the Miz go over on Cena and enjoy the look on the kids faces.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts

We found Edge unconscious and beaten backstage just before the highly awaited Edge-Del Rio championship match. Del Rio is in the ring and brags about himself. His microphone is cut. The lights are turned off.

A music erupts (in the eyes of the tiger) and a man appears at the entrance. It's Santino Marella. After a harsh humiliation and a disappearance from the ring, he is back. He is totally badass, far more agile and stronger. He deadly and quickly beats the security guys who try to stop him and challenges a surprised and afraid Del Rio for the championship. Del Rio refuses but Vince arrives and backs Santino.

The match is long, impressive and well prepared. Santino gets the biggest heat ever. Wrestlemania is saved.

Mix :

This music :
This video :
this is the worst idea in Wrestlemania history.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Every wrestler competing at WM 27 can save WM. Angle/Lesnar didn't draw shit at WM 19 but WM 19 went down as one of the best WM's of all time because it was a great wrestling show. The good thing I see about every likely WM 27 match is I don't see any duds and lot of potential for very good to great matches.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
this is the worst idea in Wrestlemania history.

Edge beaten and a surprise like Santino " newly badass" Marella is the best way to get a immediate and automatic pop. Really imagine a long departed and seriously angry Santino coming back with this epic italian music to gain revenge from humiliation. The fans will be happy because he is back and suddenly surprised by this new badass but still funny character. He would destroy everybody thrown at him.

A new Stone Cold Steve Austin mixed with the mouth of the Rock and the wrestling abilities of a agile wrestler :eek:

O Verona (by Craig Armstrong) :

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts

A music erupts (O Verona just below) and a man appears at the entrance. It's Santino Marella (like on the photo). After a harsh humiliation and a disappearance from the ring, he is back. He is totally badass, far more agile and stronger. He deadly and quickly beats the security guys who try to stop him and challenges a surprised and afraid Del Rio for the championship. Del Rio refuses but Vince arrives and backs Santino.

His new theme : O Verona
Can I buy some of the crack you’re smoking? There are so many things wrong with that scenario, it’s simply staggering. Joyboystar24 had it right - worst Wrestlemania idea ever. Santino is, to put it mildly, a clown. His signature moves includes a split, a hip toss and a hand puppet poke. He’s not ready to headline a comic book convention, let alone Wrestlemania. Any chance he ever had of being called a badass has been long extinguished by his juvenile antics.

And why would they strip Edge of his title if he was attacked backstage? That hardly seems fair.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
It happened to CM Punk, didn't it?

Anyway, not defending the Santino storyline. I do wish he'd get pushed seriously so that the world could see how good a wrestler he really is, but no.

WrestleMania does need some serious saving though. If WWE doesn't sign Taker/Sting, it's not looking good.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sting vs Undertaker would steal the show if it happened. It's not about the quality of the wrestling per se, it's more about the build-up and the chemistry of them both being in the ring at the same time. If that were to happen, I don't think PPV buy rates would be affected by the other matches on the card. They could put Chavo vs Santino earlier in the evening and the tickets would still sell like hotcakes.

Personally, I don't think Sting will be at Wrestlemania (although if he is, then fantastic). I get the feeling that HHH is being kept back from returning so that the WWE have a fallback plan for the Taker match if the deal with Sting does not go through. HHH vs Undertaker with HBK as the special guest referee is easily Wrestlemania worthy. Alternatively another Jericho return could do nicely, but he doesn't have the same history with Taker.

As far as the special guest host goes, I think only The Rock (possibly Austin as an alternative) might be able to save the WWE there. Other than that, there's not much else they can do. I really don't see John Cena turning heel at WM 27.

2010-11 has been a bit of a transition year with HBK and Batista going, Jericho likewise and HHH being out injured. But even still, I don't think they should abandon their 'youth movement'. It is bound to pay dividends in the forthcoming years.

Just one final comment to make. Wrestlemania 27 may not be that bad in terms of the actual wrestling that is on display. I'm prepared to wait until the event itself arises and pass judgement after it has happened rather than hold any prejudices because the card seems lighter on big name stars than in some other years.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.