Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave meltzer said

"Imagine how bad this would've been if it was anyone but Alexa Bliss doing it. I mean I give Alexa Bliss credit, for doing I guess about as good a job with just absolutely horrendous material as you can do"

If he is refering 2 the womans division of the current raw roster i dont think anyone there would have been any better

in the male roster maybe miz or dean could make it into something more interesting,its though since cena and foley are considered great mic works but they failed at it all the same,who you guys think(from the current raw roster)could turn that segment/material into high quality television?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
None of the woman. In terms of men, a hard maybe on Enzo and possibly Miz but no one should be subjected to that crappy material. That segment was like watching a train wreck in slow-motion, yikes.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Most women with a brain would just tell the WWE to fuck off with this garbage segment but Bliss probably thought that she could get through this because of her "great character work". I blame the nerds on here for inflating her ego.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Most women with a brain would just tell the WWE to fuck off with this garbage segment but Bliss probably thought that she could get through this because of her "great character work". I blame the nerds on here for inflating her ego.
So being there less than a year she's supposed to tell creative "No I'm not doing that." I can understand Cena being able to do something like that, or maybe someone with more tenure.

Bold strategy Cotton.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Lol at Meltzer giving Alexa credit. Other than the script/material, she was half the reason why that turned out to be one of the worst segments ever.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
No other female wrestlers could have made that shit work.

Plenty of guys could though.

John Cena, Kevin Owens, Dean Ambrose, The Miz, Bray Wyatt, The New Day and Chris Jericho are the ones who immediately come to mind. There are plenty more though.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
So being there less than a year she's supposed to tell creative "No I'm not doing that." I can understand Cena being able to do something like that, or maybe someone with more tenure.

Bold strategy Cotton.
She's the most pushed women's wrester, I think she could stop them from making her do this career killing segment.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts

He begins talking about it around the 2:25 mark and again at 17:49. I don't like that he referred to it as "the Bayley segment" because it's like he is blaming her for it being a train wreck.

Here is another one with just the part about the ALEXA BLISS SEGMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Women, NOBODY.

Men, The Miz, Cena, Ambrose. (Current Roster)

Still think Maryse can.
So is Maryse a hermaphrodite?

Yeah my feelings exactly.

She's the most pushed women's wreslter, I think she could stop them from making her do this career killing segment.
Nah let her keep doing stuff like this. She'll only get better. :smile2:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

He begins talking about it around the 2:25 mark and again at 17:49. I don't like that he referred to it as "the Bayley segment" because it's like he is blaming her for it being a train wreck.

Here is another one with just the part about the ALEXA BLISS SEGMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is Maryse a hermaphrodite?

Yeah my feelings exactly.

Nah let her keep doing stuff like this. She'll only get better. :smile2:
You can only improve if you push your limits but raw is not the place 2 test how far a performer can go its live TV they cant just put people out there and hope for the best,people need something 2 work it,bliss had failed at something simple before "blissertation" there was no reason 2 believe she could handle a segment foley and cena couldnt do,very naive from creative and upper management(guess the alexa hype ended up hitting backstage)

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
None of the women.

Miz and Jericho are the best shots for the men. But there would be no point as even with them it would not be as good as their everyday fare.

Cena? Nah. Remember that cringy segment a few years ago against the Wyatt Family? You know, the one with fake faces on the trons and such. This would have been something like that all over again.

Reactions: nyelator

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
To me, the segment should have gone with the teacher, friend, and date describing Bayley as a normal, well-liked girl, while Alexa tried to paint it all as dubious and skeevy. Unless they come out next week with Bayley saying Alexa paid a bunch of strangers to say stupid crap about her, it was a dumb idea. Are we supposed to think of Bayley as a geek and a weirdo? If so, good job, I guess, WWE.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts