Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Re: Who can go toe to toe with cena on the mic?

On the current roster? Not a chance. Even Miz gets schooled when Cena cuts loose.

The only two guys I can think of that have ever gone toe-to-toe with Cena and survived are Punk and Rock.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

Ambrose. Only one that shook Cena enough for him to resort to fists instead of words.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts

Kevin Owens if he were unscripted.

Ambrose was good at promos in the indies and could go if let loose.

Bray Wyatt just spouts some shit no one understands, so, he could "hang" technically.

Asuka screams shit in Japanese, Cena would have no answer for that..

Miz is pretty good at, uh, "shooting" on Cena and his vacuous, celebrity persona.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts

Jericho probably could.

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts

At this point, it doesn't matter how much you try to shoot on Cena, he'll just throw a lot more shit at you, until he basically pulls your pants down in front of everybody.

Even Ambrose, one of the few, who managed to make Cena angry and get physical in the end, would probably get schooled right now if he came into paths with Cena again.

I would say Jericho could be a contender though.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

There is no one. Maybe Jericho, but I don't think Y2J would wanna cut that deep.

Punk (as a face during the summer of 2011) and HHH (at the end height of Cena hate in 06) were probably the best ones on the mic against John Boy.

·
Registered
13,589 Posts

On the current roster? Not a chance. Even Miz gets schooled when Cena cuts loose.

The only two guys I can think of that have ever gone toe-to-toe with Cena and survived are Punk and Rock.
Punk and rock both got schooled too though at points. Punk before noc 2012 and rock during the promo where Cena called him out for notes on his wrist.

Thing with Cena is he is a freestyler so can think on the fly so technically nobody in wrestling past or present should be able to hang in shoot situations. Would love to see Cena and McGregor on raw just shooting on each other though

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts

Kevin Owens if he were unscripted.
Kevin Owens, No. Kevn Steen, yes. That dude tore Jim Cornette himself a new one. And created the best insult ever, "jujitsu-jackoff"

Reactions: PrinceofPush

·
Registered
4,638 Posts

Many could, if they were allowed to. Its not an even playing field when Cena can say whatever he wants and the opponent can only say what he's scripted to.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts

Miz, Jericho, Owens and Heyman can school Cena in the promo department.

Lana and Rusev can hang with Cena, but cant surpass him.

Cena's great, but he isnt the best in the promo department.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts

With the deck stacked in Cena's favor like it always is? Doubtful.

With a level playing field where both guys can go at each other using insider references with no fear of repercussions? A bunch.

·
#HAIRBEAR #TEAMPALE
5,256 Posts

Not Ramen

Jericho could. Ambrose if he wasn't tied up with scripts. But probs not.

·
Registered
119 Posts

A motivated, off the cuff Ambrose, Jericho, and mayybbbeee Miz if you get him pissed off enough are the only ones I think can really handle this guy on the stick. The problem is Cena always gets the last word, if by some chance these things went unscripted, you gotta hit him in a way where even if Cena is supposed to get the last word, he can't really come up with a rebuttal and has to change the topic.

I say this cause I've only seen this happen to him TWICE, where he looked legitimately flustered. One time was when Punk said, "I'd rather be a one hit wonder, than a phony," and this other time with The Rock, when Cena was spewing his typical horseshit, and The Rock flipped it by quoting some famous athlete (forget his name) and went, "He was full of just as much crap as you are." Cena had to smile that shit off and change the topic. You basically gotta be able to catch him off guard with something outrageous

·
Registered
6,303 Posts

Eli Drake.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,692 Posts

I could see Ambrose, if given full control and allowed to really go at it, could do a hell of a job and stand toe to toe with Cena. Other than that, Miz in his best day perhaps, and that's really all I could think of.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts